Null & Void or an 18 Game Season?

Daily Record ‘reporting’ that it’s a 6:4 split. Would that not mean 23 games for the top half and 21 for the bottom?
Whatever is the thinking here?....[emoji848]

Daily record is an absolute rag. Wouldn’t believe a word.

They stated that a “number of clubs” wanted to mothball, only a few days ago.

no it would mean after 18 games it be a 5/5 split im sure so a team is idle every week in both splits and basic you could have a team in 4th have less pts than 6th

Yep, hence the quotes around ‘reporting’.
I can live with the 22 games 5:5 split. Looks like the best compromise under the circumstances.
However, I still have my concerns that any COVID cases is going to make a mockery, with teams trying to complete 3 games in a week to catch up...

Just now, Forest_Fifer said:
1 hour ago, itzdrk said:
Can't imagine this will be popular with the championship clubs. 

Can't imagine why anyone should care. Other than them maybe waiting an extra week for the playoff games, it has nothing to do with them.

If they are to be sat about for a fortnight that will have an impact on sharpness etc (there's nobody to play friendlies and tick over fitness).  Will be a nightmare for whoever finishes there, they'll almost certainly be relegated along with Ayr. 

If the clubs are that hard up that an additional 2* home games streaming is required with this split then they'd probably be better canning it. Surprised like everyone else there appears to be a united front though.

*haven't looked into it so I don't know if there's the potential for one team to end up with a 10-12 split in the same way the Premiership sometimes yields 18-20 or 20-18

If they are to be sat about for a fortnight that will have an impact on sharpness etc (there's nobody to play friendlies and tick over fitness).  Will be a nightmare for whoever finishes there, they'll almost certainly be relegated along with Ayr. 
Why is there no one to play friendlies with? Half the championship will be idle. Plus whoever is in a bye week in league 1 or 2 after the split.

I don't agree with the split at all. As Dunning says, there's no justification given for completing 22 games, which leads me to think there is something at play here which is not being explained. Also, giving 6th place a chance at going up after a split seems bizarre, just so a team doesn't have a match day to sit out? Who cares. If we MUST go ahead with a split then it needs to split 5 and 5, teams will be playing 2 games a week anyway, it's not like you'll be sat out for long. 

2 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
4 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Why is there no one to play friendlies with? Half the championship will be idle. Plus whoever is in a bye week in league 1 or 2 after the split.

Eh I know the seasons done boys but can you hang about for a couple weeks to play a friendly with Morton

Can't imagine why anyone should care. Other than them maybe waiting an extra week for the playoff games, it has nothing to do with them.

Agree but in the statement above there’s almost an appeal to the SPFL to support the arrangement with League 1 and 2 clubs.
So, do they have more input here than we would anticipate and could that scupper everything?…

23 minutes ago, Forest_Fifer said:
1 hour ago, itzdrk said:
Can't imagine this will be popular with the championship clubs. 

While it only affects one when it happens, at the time of it needing agrees 7/8 of the Championship clubs could feasibly still end up in the relegation playoff spot.

Not sure how a motion to extend their season by up to a fortnight has nothing to do with them.

Eh I know the seasons done boys but can you hang about for a couple weeks to play a friendly with Morton

I’d have thought that there was a counter argument that having 2 weeks to prepare, and get players fit and ready having been suitably rested would be a good thing after a tough league campaign?
Every season I hear the same arguments that Championship clubs are on their last legs going into the playoffs....

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’d have thought that there was a counter argument that having 2 weeks to prepare, and get players fit and ready having been suitably rested would be a good thing after a tough league campaign?
Every season I hear the same arguments that Championship clubs are on their last legs going into the playoffs....

I do agree.

Every year we hear of how tough the schedule is, no time for rests, how a short winter break helps teams recuperate so much, how a postponed fixture for weather etc gives the players a much needed break.

Suddenly when it’s the exact same length of time for a break it is a huge injustice to “club 21” and how beneficial it is to league 1 clubs 🤔

8 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Aw aye they are doing it to help the championship club! 

9 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Yep, that’s what I said.

Anyway, you have already stated that Ayr are going down automatically so why worry?…

I presume you have never once been interested in anything that didn't directly involve you in your life then? 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

We're also going to be a wee bit busy in the close season finding an owner, board of directors, chief executive and manager as well, but aye let's hang around for an extra fortnight while the rest of the Championship finalises their contract deals as well because of some daft seaside league split that was not in the original schedule.

Either the lower leagues finish on time or there should be no play-off with the second tier. This 'you can just wait two weeks while we put in extra games at our own pace' proposal should be shot down for the nonsense that it is. 

Edited by vikingTON

We're also going to be a wee bit busy in the close season finding an owner, board of directors, chief executive and manager as well, but aye let's hang around for an extra fortnight while the rest of the Championship finalises their contract deals as well because of some daft seaside league split that was not in the original schedule.
Either the lower leagues finish on time or there should be no play-off with the second tier. This 'you can just wait two weeks while we put in extra games at our own pace' proposal should be shot down for the nonsense that it is. 

^^^^^^knows MorTEN are going to finish ninth and crapping it imo...

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

If the clubs are that hard up that an additional 2* home games streaming is required with this split then they'd probably be better canning it. Surprised like everyone else there appears to be a united front though.

*haven't looked into it so I don't know if there's the potential for one team to end up with a 10-12 split in the same way the Premiership sometimes yields 18-20 or 20-18

None at all.

Everyone plays 9H 9A pre split, then 2H 2A post split.

Edit: assuming it's a 5/5 split. If they go for a 6/4 things would get complicated.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn