Null & Void or an 18 Game Season?

We don't know how effective the vaccine is for 9 weeks, which is where the 26th April date came from, we can only speculate how the virus will behave. Whilst numbers have been encouraging, I suspect this Brazilian varient might be causing some panic. 

I have a policy of assuming that anyone who can't spell variant doesn't have the slightest idea how dangerous or otherwise a variant is.

Another pointless update from the SFA. The only thing that they've consistently demonstrated is a desire to kick the can down the road.

Either get teams playing football or cancel the season. Lets not f**k about and pretend that there's some solution where clubs can eventually finish this season.

Neither the SFA nor SPFL are fit for purpose. Absolutely pathetic from our game's governing bodies.

1 minute ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Another pointless update from the SFA. The only thing that they've consistently demonstrated is a desire to kick the can down the road.

Either get teams playing football or cancel the season. Lets not f**k about and pretend that there's some solution where clubs can eventually finish this season.

Neither the SFA nor SPFL are fit for purpose. Absolutely pathetic from our game's governing bodies.

Add the Scottish Goverment as they playing poltical football again aswell

5 minutes ago, pollokfan1987 said:

Add the Scottish Goverment as they playing poltical football again aswell

This is one occasion where the Scottish government aren't to blame. They don't need to do anything - the SFA and SPFL are eager to keep Jason Leitch happy and are fucking things up for the lower leagues all on their own. Government cares little for football in this country. They wouldn't care if the lower league teams folded.

This is one occasion where the Scottish government aren't to blame. They don't need to do anything - the SFA and SPFL are eager to keep Jason Leitch happy and are fucking things up for the lower leagues all on their own. Government cares little for football in this country. They wouldn't care if the lower league teams folded.

The Scottish government are the ones preventing the lower leagues from returning.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The Scottish government are the ones preventing the lower leagues from returning.

In this instance they're not.

There is absolutely no reason why Championship teams should be playing but League One teams aren't. Alloa Athletic are not an elite team. 

Had the SFA not released a statement today I can imagine the furore which would have accompanied that. So they made a sort of a statement which tells us nothing we didn't already know - the politicians are in charge, and I'm guessing that Leagues 1 & 2 don't currently rate highly on their priority list. We might not like it but there it is.

1 minute ago, BallochSonsFan said:

There is absolutely no reason why Championship teams should be playing but League One teams aren't. Alloa Athletic are not an elite team. 

Did you even read the statement?

The ball is firmly in ministers court now. 

I’d expect an update in the coming days over when a restart is allowed, by them, the government. The reaction to that statement has been pretty unanimous.

Yes they are. The clubs all agreed to return and the SPFL and SFA were happy with the plan weeks ago but the government blocked it. The latest announcement is basically saying that they have made yet another proposal to the government and they are waiting to hear back.

37 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Did you even read the statement?

The ball is firmly in ministers court now. 

I’d expect an update in the coming days over when a restart is allowed, by them, the government. The reaction to that statement has been pretty unanimous.

Unanimous reaction by whom?

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting on an SFA statement that puts the 'passive' into passive-agressive forcing the SG to give an update. Their in-tray is rather full at the moment in case you haven't noticed. 

Oh f**k, don't get virginton started again.
Edit - too late...

The issue will be, if there is an agreed path back, the question of full fixture or reduced games. If it’s 18 then a lot of clubs will not agree (my opinion obviously) then the fight will start ast what you fo next.

I’ve  said before and my personal feeling only,  I’m actually past bothering about this season and even a return will I don’t think change my mind, just can’t get any enthusiasm for streamed games coupled with the stop start fixtures particularly for us (Clyde). I would honestly be quite happy to call it a day for this season. 

1 hour ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Have you need abducted and taken to Falkirk?

On 27/02/2021 at 13:32, The Phoenix said:

Because the point you’re trying to make now is different from the point you were making originally.

There is NO evidence that the SFA suspended football below the Championship to prevent the Government taking matters out of their hands.  

The fact the SFA did suspend football below the Championship resulted in the SG having an open door to walk through. 

On 27/02/2021 at 13:38, virginton said:

The fact that the SFA can't simply drop its suspension without Clownshoes Leitch and the guys giving them the green light confirms that this is not actually the case. We really don't need a second Pentagon Papers to come out to work out that the Cabinet Minister for Sport or another government official got on the blower to Hampden and expressed their deepest hope that Scottish football would adopt an appropriate response to the worsening public health situation.

Safe to say that you could have knocked me down with a feather today, so shocked - shocked! - was I at the revelation that the government did in fact tell the SFA that yeah, you're going to can those leagues right now or else we'll do it for you.