Null & Void or an 18 Game Season?

Yet another SFA/SPFL farce, they couldn't run a bath the muppets! Think this season is done and looks very likely Falkirk will be shafted and not promoted all because Alloa have a board member on the SFA and wee Brechin will once again be saved because they still have a member on the SFA board. Amazing coincidence that eh....

Edited by The Firhill Frozen Pie

Null and void it.

Said from the beginning this season was never going to make it to the end.

If ever there was a time to restructure the leagues, this is it. 3 bigger leagues playing each other twice. No more of this monotonous 4 times a season pish. It's brutal. Re-jig the cups too.

Scottish football really is the pits in this current format.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

The best time to restructure is not mid season. 

If you think this is the pits then maybe another sport is for you.

If it's declared null and void it's hardly going to be mid season is it?

The pits in current format.

Maybe reading and understanding isn't for you.

13 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

If it's declared null and void it's hardly going to be mid season is it?

The pits in current format.

Maybe reading and understanding isn't for you.

Nothings been declared so we're still mid season and it looks like every club is committed to trying to finish it. 

Whats your restructuring proposal?

11 hours ago, Stevo Fife said:

Null and void it.

Said from the beginning this season was never going to make it to the end.

If ever there was a time to restructure the leagues, this is it. 3 bigger leagues playing each other twice. No more of this monotonous 4 times a season pish. It's brutal. Re-jig the cups too.

Scottish football really is the pits in this current format.

Distinct possibility the SFA will not listen to us diddy clubs.  ,  If it gets proposed by the elite to force there co!ts teams into the lower leagues,   then it  will be seen as a progressive move..  Are you prepared to accept that, not too sure many league 1 clubs would fancy it,   Scottish Football really is a mess and is there any guarantee we will have fans next season,    many clubs if that happens will just sit out next season....once bitten twice shy.....

From a semi- outsider looking in I really want to see both league 1 and 2 played to a finish. Whether that’s an 18 game or a 27 game season remains to be seen. All 20 clubs have advised they want to continue and agreed to start regular testing so I really don’t see the issue.

From an Ayr United POV who are by no means clear of relegation I’d much rather get relegated if we finish 9th (and lose in playoffs)  or 10th than saved due to COVID. 

Where’s all this Championship teams don’t want relegation coming from? Genuinely haven’t seen it mentioned outside of here. SPFL should have written rules for this scenario after last seasons farce i.e play more than X number = PPG, play less = Null and Void but as usual they did nothing. Ideally you’ve got to try and play to 18 and call it as I don’t see it going to 27 games. The big issue is the LL/HL as they were shafted last season with no play off, they might have to go PPG or only play each other once. Any vote will ultimately go like last years with teams voting mainly for self interest.

On 12/02/2021 at 10:04, Grangemouth Bairn said:

There won’t be any relegation from the Championship. There are already some Championship clubs living well beyond their means and have went to their fans, a number of who will already be suffering financially during these difficult times, and begged for money via vehicles such as ‘Just Giving’.

The way some clubs are treating their fans is abhorrent.

This is a good point and caused me to reflect on last summer when pundits and journos were predicting with some abandon, that many of the "smaller clubs" would struggle and many would go out of business. None so far.

This for me highlights how little these guys know about clubs out with the premier.  As you say G B the championship are the real strugglers. Most fans of smaller clubs know that as a community focused bunch, they are better placed to live within their means and the reality is were probably better placed to ride out the storm than those clubs above us. Seems the likes of Dundee never learn from past mistakes

16 hours ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

How can there not be any relegation from the Championship when the likely hood is they will complete their season, surely they can’t  have any complaints. If that being the case surely teams lower down the leagues shouldn’t be relegated when they are in the position of being less fortunate  of playing  their allocated number of games. Makes no sense.

I think you’ll find Ewan Cameron will make sure there is no relegation from the Chamoionship.

From a semi- outsider looking in I really want to see both league 1 and 2 played to a finish. Whether that’s an 18 game or a 27 game season remains to be seen. All 20 clubs have advised they want to continue and agreed to start regular testing so I really don’t see the issue.
From an Ayr United POV who are by no means clear of relegation I’d much rather get relegated if we finish 9th (and lose in playoffs)  or 10th than saved due to COVID. 

Maybe as a fan - no chance the board will vote for that, though.

18 hours ago, rockson said:

I doubt there will be time to finish even an 18 game season never mind 27, but if there is time, 18 is now the best option.

Otherwise just roll this season over to next (even though this will mean no relegation and promotion.) That might make for a total over the two years of 54 games!

Is that what should've happened last season then? Surely there has been a precedent set. Perhaps not given how shite the management of the leagues are.

37 minutes ago, banditjag said:

Is that what should've happened last season then? Surely there has been a precedent set. Perhaps not given how shite the management of the leagues are.

Do you always have to vote the same way? What precedent was set?

Edited by Sergeant Wilson