Null & Void or an 18 Game Season?

I didn't say I agreed with them and I don't know them by heart. I know where to find them though and I understand the principle of what happens when a resolution doesn't get the required majority.
You, on the other hand...

Have made a fair point re how flawed it is?…

You don't like the voting system, who does? Big deal, do you think you're the voice of sanity or something?

I don’t like the voting system.
But moving on from that the consequence of its flaws means I’m more concerned that there’s another impending shambles coming with clubs taking positions so we reach position impossible.....
PS. I don’t think there’s anyone sane on this thread...

Just now, roman_bairn said:

I don’t like the voting system.
But moving on from that the consequence of its flaws means I’m more concerned that there’s another impending shambles coming with clubs taking positions so we reach position impossible.....

It won't be impossible. A resolution will presented, if it doesn't pass the existing arrangements will stand. However, timing will be important, as that will reduce the viable options of playing 27, reducing etc.

It won't be impossible. A resolution will presented, if it doesn't pass the existing arrangements will stand. However, timing will be important, as that will reduce the viable options of playing 27, reducing etc.

And really that last bit is my point. By the time we are allowed to play, 27 games might not be viable. Which leaves two options, both of which need 8 clubs to agree.
Incidentally, can League 1 and 2 come to different conclusions or do they both have to agree too?…

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

And really that last bit is my point. By the time we are allowed to play, 27 games might not be viable. Which leaves two options, both of which need 8 clubs to agree.
Incidentally, can League 1 and 2 come to different conclusions or do they both have to agree too?…

I'd expect a single resolution for both divisions and a 75% majority across both, but no resolution has been put yet as far as I know.

Guest The Phoenix
6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

It is perfectly acceptable for the 2 leagues to come to different conclusions, however, as things stand,  I think it is highly unlikely that either one will achieve the number required to affect change. 

It is perfectly acceptable for the 2 leagues to come to different conclusions, however, as things stand,  I think it is highly unlikely that either one will achieve the number required to affect change. 

So we NEED to get started training in the next 2 weeks.....

I’ve heard, third hand granted, that the majority of Div2 clubs are favouring null and void.Not sure if it’s 8-2 though. The concerns are cost and logistics of testing and players travelling individually to games.

Be interested to know what the 100k grant, and the James Anderson money, and the furlough money (if any) is going to then....

Guest The Phoenix
1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

So we NEED to get started training in the next 2 weeks.....

The SPFL will produce a fixture schedule that reflects fitting in a 27 game programme if the green light is given to resume.  

It will then remain to be seen how  clubs react to (e.g.) having to play 3 times a week. 

Just now, The Phoenix said:

The SPFL will produce a fixture schedule that reflects fitting in a 27 game programme if the green light is given to resume.  

It will then remain to be seen how  clubs react to (e.g.) having to play 3 times a week. 

Good thinking that man, hadn't thought they would weaponise the big scary fixture list.

Extremely unlikely league 1 will be null and void (falkirk and partick locks to not vote for that)

Extremely unlikely league 1 will agree to an 18 game season (enough clubs close to relegation spots wouldn’t want that)

27 game season seems almost impossible given the time frame.

Could this be the cause of a black hole? 

Extremely unlikely league 1 will be null and void (falkirk and partick locks to not vote for that)
Extremely unlikely league 1 will agree to an 18 game season (enough clubs close to relegation spots wouldn’t want that)
27 game season seems almost impossible given the time frame.
Could this be the cause of a black hole? 

Someone gets it.

12 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Be interested to know what the 100k grant, and the James Anderson money, and the furlough money (if any) is going to then....

The grant was intended to cover the losses due to being unable to sell tickets this season, the James Anderson money will have probably paid for covid-compliance around the stadium and training facilities (if any), and the furlough money goes straight to the players.

Guest The Phoenix
Just now, roman_bairn said:

Someone gets it.

I’m pretty sure anyone with a modicum of intelligence got it when a return to playing was delayed at the end of January. 

The grant was intended to cover the losses due to being unable to sell tickets this season, the James Anderson money will have probably paid for covid-compliance around the stadium and training facilities (if any), and the furlough money goes straight to the players.

I presume the prize money goes in the bin when null and void?…