Jump to content
FFC 1876

Null & Void or an 18 Game Season?

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:


You know, it would have been more justified than the ppg pish they came up with. And yes, I appreciate it would not have changed matters for my club. I’d have supported that if it had been clearly stated in the rules for unexpected events and would have been difficult to argue against.
The point here though is it’s perfectly possible to come up with some preseason ground rules to avoid the self interest conversations from all sides. But they won’t, and didn’t, because self interest was again allowed to rule and @Sergeant Wilson and@The Moonster think that’s the best system that we can come up with and we shouldn’t change it.
Unbelievable.

10224581.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:


Airdrie and Montrose were hardly in serious contention for the title and with a home game to play against the team above them on the final game of the season.
I clearly acknowledged the playoff teams chances in my previous post.
I don’t recollect our chairman in the media every two minutes saying one thing then voting another ala Raith, nor taking the associations to court ala Hearts and Thistle. Do you?
As for our fans. Do you SERIOUSLY expect everyone to say that’s fine, let’s get on with it when clubs continue to make it up as they go along and your club is the one impacted?
Jeez.....

You didn't take them to court because you didn't have a case to take to court, not because Falkirk "took it on the chin" and got on with things. 

For the final time, when you say "the clubs make it up as they go along" your own club is complicit in that. With that in mind, write to your club, tell Gary Deans you want Falkirk to relinquish their vote in the system and push for an independent panel with Sepp Blatter style FIFA characters to run things instead. Let us all know what sort of response you get. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, roman_bairn said:


This is not an unfair argument if there is no option to null and void but that’s simply not the case here. As has been stated many times we can start in over a months time and complete the season with 18 games and play offs, so no excuse for non completion rather that the self interest of so many clubs in avoiding relegation at any cost.....

How is only playing 18 games become completion of a season ? 18 games is only 50% of a season. Teams agreed to play 75% of matches, any less is just ridiculous to call it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
How is only playing 18 games become completion of a season ? 18 games is only 50% of a season. Teams agreed to play 75% of matches, any less is just ridiculous to call it.

It’s funny, I’m sure we agreed to play 36 games last season but only played 28.
Guess what?
We called it.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pride Of The Clyde said:

It’s funny how teams like Falkirk went mental about that decision but now all of a sudden it the fairest option. Hmm

It's almost as if it would suit them this time. What would you call that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Phoenix said:

Today’s meeting postponed until tomorrow - the SFA haven’t heard from SG 

7115ee48013c85e614aba9ad7d1c3127.gif

Bbbbbut, Falkirk!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, roman_bairn said:


Consistency?

Do you withdraw your complaints from last season and agree the right decision was made then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Do you withdraw your complaints from last season and agree the right decision was made then?

I don’t believe I did. I said it was right that Raith were promoted and the others relegated last season.
However it was still unfair that we and other clubs were deprived of a play off.
My concern is the way decisions are arrived at and the lack of fairness in that decisions can be changed on a vote by vote basis for self interest reasons.
You clearly haven’t grasped that...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, roman_bairn said:


I don’t believe I did. I said it was right that Raith were promoted and the others relegated last season.
However it was still unfair that we and other clubs were deprived of a play off.
My concern is the way decisions are arrived at and the lack of fairness in that decisions can be changed on a vote by vote basis for self interest reasons.
You clearly haven’t grasped that...

Oh I get it, absolutely.

How could play offs have been played then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

All this stuff about it being unfair for Champonship clubs to wait a couple of weeks for L1 to finish, yet St Mirren have just been told there will be nearly a month between their fixtures; Mar 20 - Apr 17th

They have not "just been told" anything. The fixture list has been there since the start of the season, they have known that the Scottish Cup has been on hold since January, and the final pre-split fixtures were brought forward about three weeks ago. That period includes the international break, and it is still possible that the Scottish Cup will be back up and running in that period too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what I can see, Falkirk fans were disappointed that we couldn’t finish the season last summer, as some other leagues did (wouldn’t have been easy but it was clearly possible elsewhere, especially given only 7 or so games to play). We begrudgingly accepted PPG based on an unfinished season and moved on to this season.

This season, our fans or club don’t want it to be done on PPG, we want it to finish in some form, giving a fairer winner. The sentiment from many seems to be that this isn’t possible, thus an unfinished season, as last year, must be declared. Given PPG was the designated system used to promote and relegate teams last year, some of our fans are arguing that it seems pretty consistent to apply that this year too - which seems absolutely fair enough. And it seems to have upset an extraordinary number of people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

From what I can see, Falkirk fans were disappointed that we couldn’t finish the season last summer, as some other leagues did (wouldn’t have been easy but it was clearly possible elsewhere, especially given only 7 or so games to play). We begrudgingly accepted PPG based on an unfinished season and moved on to this season.

This season, our fans or club don’t want it to be done on PPG, we want it to finish in some form, giving a fairer winner. The sentiment from many seems to be that this isn’t possible, thus an unfinished season, as last year, must be declared. Given PPG was the designated system used to promote and relegate teams last year, some of our fans are arguing that it seems pretty consistent to apply that this year too - which seems absolutely fair enough. And it seems to have upset an extraordinary number of people. 

No-one is upset except the Falkirk supporters. We are laughing at you, your discomfort and desperation is funny.

However, last season most clubs had played 28 games, this season it ranges from 8 to 11 games played. It hasn't been called yet, but if it was, can you see the difference?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They have not "just been told" anything. The fixture list has been there since the start of the season, they have known that the Scottish Cup has been on hold since January, and the final pre-split fixtures were brought forward about three weeks ago. That period includes the international break, and it is still possible that the Scottish Cup will be back up and running in that period too.

Fair enough. I was just going by Div bumping his gums about it on Twitter 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

No-one is upset except the Falkirk supporters. We are laughing at you, your discomfort and desperation is funny.

However, last season most clubs had played 28 games, this season it ranges from 8 to 11 games played. It hasn't been called yet, but if it was, can you see the difference?

Both are an arbitrary number of games in an incomplete season (of course I can see the difference but a “where do you draw the line” debate drew up a huge range of opinions last year and would likely do the same this year).

Yes, there are lots of people laughing at falkirk. A lot of fans of clubs who are uncomfortably close to the bottom of the championship, pointing and laughing whilst they still play with their extra £350k in their pocket. I’m a bit of a c**t but I doubt if the shoe was on the other foot I’d be down in league 1 threads trying to discredit any idea that the season can finish. Now that is desperate.

(Roman Bairn has lost his head a bit though) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

Both are an arbitrary number of games in an incomplete season (of course I can see the difference but a “where do you draw the line” debate drew up a huge range of opinions last year and would likely do the same this year).

Yes, there are lots of people laughing at falkirk. A lot of fans of clubs who are uncomfortably close to the bottom of the championship, pointing and laughing whilst they still play with their extra £350k in their pocket. I’m a bit of a c**t but I doubt if the shoe was on the other foot I’d be down in league 1 threads trying to discredit any idea that the season can finish. Now that is desperate.

(Roman Bairn has lost his head a bit though) 

I'm completely neutral, no horse in the race.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

From what I can see, Falkirk fans were disappointed that we couldn’t finish the season last summer, as some other leagues did (wouldn’t have been easy but it was clearly possible elsewhere, especially given only 7 or so games to play). We begrudgingly accepted PPG based on an unfinished season and moved on to this season.

This season, our fans or club don’t want it to be done on PPG, we want it to finish in some form, giving a fairer winner. The sentiment from many seems to be that this isn’t possible, thus an unfinished season, as last year, must be declared. Given PPG was the designated system used to promote and relegate teams last year, some of our fans are arguing that it seems pretty consistent to apply that this year too - which seems absolutely fair enough. And it seems to have upset an extraordinary number of people. 

I don't believe Falkirk fans are all that stupid to think promoting a side that had played 75%of their matches last season on a ppg basis, is the same as applying ppg this season when some clubs have only played 8/9 matches! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...