Null & Void or an 18 Game Season?

My view, for what it’s worth; null and void would not bother me at all. I’ve said before I’m totally scunnered with this season, if you can call it that. Failing that I’d also be happy enough to mothball and pick up where we left off again in August, infact with games already played we could even have a lower league winter break next year it that was the case.

What don’t want is any reconstruction talks as I think it’s totally inappropriate given the current situation we find ourselves in. Any reconstruction should be agreed and then a full season to play and reconstruct on final placing in the knowledge teams have had full season to play for it.

In addition certainly don’t want our current situation to allow us to be bullied into the Colts situation. As has been said our clubs have been and continue to be treated abysmally  and we have to stand together against that.

Edited by FREDDYFRY

There won’t be any relegation from the Championship. There are already some Championship clubs living well beyond their means and have went to their fans, a number of who will already be suffering financially during these difficult times, and begged for money via vehicles such as ‘Just Giving’.
The way some clubs are treating their fans is abhorrent.
The teams most likely to be relegated are part time who have received £500K from the government.

I doubt they'll have to many financial worries. In fact, because of that money they'll be favourites for promotion back to the championship next season.

2 hours ago, Brian Carrigan said:

I honestly don't see an 18 game season happening. Clyde have only played eight games so far, and to be honest I'm fairly sceptical that the league will be restarting anywhere near the 1st of March.

My cynical brain thinks that the date keeps getting pushed because the higher ups are well aware there won't be any more football played this season, and the delay gives them the longest possible period to come up with a contingency - which somehow didn't already exist given the circumstance.

See this is hard to believe.  They didn't come up with a contingency in the months it was happening last spring/summer, so I doubt they're planning anything now it's - somewhat inevitably - happened again.  I think it's just the now customary way of dealing with Covid related issues.  Slap a 2-to-3 week date on it like it's going to be lifted at the end of it, spend months shifting that out by another two weeks and hope that everyone just stops talking about it.  

16 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

The teams most likely to be relegated are part time who have received £500K from the government.

I doubt they'll have to many financial worries. In fact, because of that money they'll be favourites for promotion back to the championship next season.

Unless it's Morton. It's obvious that that 500k was to get them to the end of the season as can be seen by their lack of action in January.

32 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

The way things are going with cancellations in the Championship, we could play an extended season with playoffs and still be waiting on Inverness playing their games in hand. 

ICT remind me of when I played for ICI in the Falkirk District Juvenile league and there was a team in the league called Rancel who played at the Rannoch Park in Grangemouth. The Rannoch Park was prone to really bad flooding and Rancel always ended up with lots of postponements therefore lots of games in hand.

Difference is that Rancel played in an U14 league whereas ICT are a ‘professional’ outfit playing in the 2nd tier of Scottish Football.

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

ICT remind me of when I played for ICI in the Falkirk District Juvenile league and there was a team in the league called Rancel who played at the Rannoch Park in Grangemouth. The Rannoch Park was prone to really bad flooding and Rancel always ended up with lots of postponements therefore lots of games in hand.

Difference is that Rancel played in an U14 league whereas ICT are a ‘professional’ outfit playing in the 2nd tier of Scottish Football.

"Elite Professionals" dontcha know. 

5 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think we should stop all social media and force people to interact face2face. That’ll f**k him right over.

Oh dear, I'll avoid Ruel Street in case you're hanging about

3 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

You have to wonder if he goes round every team's thread to try and sneer at fans wanting what's best for their club.

He's funny in the General Nonsense threads but here his posts are generally nonsense.

Not really, the odd dig here and there. Falkirk are the current "favourites" though. On the strength of about a dozen roasters on here they have gone from 0 to 100 on the Scottish football comedy club scale. You make Hearts look like pillars of the community.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Must have been some pler being at ICI. I was at the fierce rivals (at my age) Gairdoch! 

9 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

There won’t be any relegation from the Championship. There are already some Championship clubs living well beyond their means and have went to their fans, a number of who will already be suffering financially during these difficult times, and begged for money via vehicles such as ‘Just Giving’.

The way some clubs are treating their fans is abhorrent.

How can there not be any relegation from the Championship when the likely hood is they will complete their season, surely they can’t  have any complaints. If that being the case surely teams lower down the leagues shouldn’t be relegated when they are in the position of being less fortunate  of playing  their allocated number of games. Makes no sense.

I doubt there will be time to finish even an 18 game season never mind 27, but if there is time, 18 is now the best option.

Otherwise just roll this season over to next (even though this will mean no relegation and promotion.) That might make for a total over the two years of 54 games!