Null & Void or an 18 Game Season?

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/joint-response-group-update-23-february/?rid=13929

An “update” here. 

Quite what has changed from before nicola’s statement til now is not clear to me. We were playing football because of an exemption to restrictions before, and will be after. Nothing that she spoke of pertains in any way to league 1/league 2.  Let’s see what happens in the coming days. 

58 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/news/joint-response-group-update-23-february/?rid=13929

An “update” here. 

Quite what has changed from before nicola’s statement til now is not clear to me. We were playing football because of an exemption to restrictions before, and will be after. Nothing that she spoke of pertains in any way to league 1/league 2.  Let’s see what happens in the coming days. 

It is basically a statement that didn't need to be made...

Edited by Passionate
Wrong name

8 minutes ago, Passionate said:

It is basically a statement that didn't need to be made...

And if they don't make it other people are shouting from the rooftops that the SFA are saying nothing. It's a holding note effectively emphasising subtly that it doesn't necessarily mean that organised professional football is held to the same timetable and they'll be discussing it with the Govt.

After the Premiership clubs that have flouted the rules  see Sevco, Aberdeen and Celtic as well as Killie and St Mirren not following protocol for training and going to and from games and the f**k up at the weekend with a referee that should have been in isolation being in contact with someone who tested positive any argument they had for calling a stop to leagues 1 and 2 are well and truly gone.

36 minutes ago, Rufus said:

with all the compensation claims now days, if the leagues 1 and 2 are Null and Void could the season ticket holders come together and sue the SPFL for their season ticket money. May be a legal eagle on here can think about it

1888378436_tenor(28).gif.125aeb68c14d9627414cb253c2895797.gif

1 hour ago, Rufus said:

with all the compensation claims now days, if the leagues 1 and 2 are Null and Void could the season ticket holders come together and sue the SPFL for their season ticket money. May be a legal eagle on here can think about it

Jesus. It doesn't need a "legal eagle"

How in the name of God are they going to sue the SPFL? How many times does it need saying the SPFL did not make the decision to stop it and have little or no direct input in the decision to allow it to restart.

Anyway, the contract of a season ticket holder is with the club, not the league and certainly not the SFA who are the ones in (theoretical) control though in practice it's probably the Scottish Govt at this point.

1 hour ago, Rufus said:

14 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Jesus. It doesn't need a "legal eagle"

How in the name of God are they going to sue the SPFL? How many times does it need saying the SPFL did not make the decision to stop it and have little or no direct input in the decision to allow it to restart.

Anyway, the contract of a season ticket holder is with the club, not the league and certainly not the SFA who are the ones in (theoretical) control though in practice it's probably the Scottish Govt at this point.

Ignore him Rufus. I'm a lawyer and I'll take this on. I'll need some readies up front for pens and paper and that. £500.00 should cover it.

Eta. Make it £1000.00, I need a suit.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

6 minutes ago, Rufus said:

Bottom line is that league 1 and 2 will be null and void i think. and no thought to the clubs or fans. Dont think we will see any football until July in the lower leagues

IT should be at least on the table to have a delay and then 2 games a week. Cup games should be canceled first.

All the talk of restructure is a waste of time unless we agree up front to let the colts in first. 

F0C94218-6001-427D-A0F4-CB7066004E80.gif

I see there's a bit of talk about a split to make sure as many games are played as possible (thus satisfying the Championship clubs) but without trying to squeeze 18 games or whatever into six weeks. That would be a relatively sensible suggestion I'd say. So it'll no doubt be booted out.

4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

(thus satisfying the Championship clubs) 

Get this in the bin. I don't really have a problem with a split if League 1 & 2 clubs really want to fit as many games in as possible, but if we're adding it in because Championship clubs have just randomly decided that an 18 game season isn't acceptable to them and a 22 game one would be then get it in the bin. 

Genuinely don't get what fucking business it is of championship clubs to say what is or is not a suitable number of games we play to nominate a champion and play off contenders. You'll take what you're given.

We can assume that we'll be back to a normal 36 game next year so that can't be it. And any of 'our' clubs in the play offs will be stiff as a board after a long lay off / knackered from cramming loads of games in to finish the season so championship 9th place should sweep aside Falkirk whoever they play easily enough.

Why exactly does it matter to "some Championship clubs" - whoever they are - whether or not League One clubs play 18, 22, or 27 games?  What is this latest "elitist" pish we're being fed now? IF we do get to complete a truncated season, whatever number of games played, second bottom of the Championship should be involved in a playoff.  We've been kicking our heels for weeks now while they've still been playing, so they would have a big fitness advantage anyway.  

The problem mooted previously for Championship clubs was that the play-off dates would need to be adhered to. It therefore makes no sense to ask clubs to fit in 22 league games instead of 18 when you're working with a very restricted time table. There's not much making sense about these reports.

The likes of Alloa/Arbroath/Morton will be scraping the barrel for any reason to void relegation. It's absolutely none of their business how many games are played in League 1. 

The bottom line is that an 18 game is the fairest way to go about it if the season is not void (no reason why it should be). There is no need for any split to take place. 

I suspect championship clubs would want a “level playing field” in terms of season ending at same time, player fitness and suspensions. Although not ideal a split looks the best of both worlds, at least champ clubs had the option to sign players in the window, l1 £ l2 clubs were hardly going to do so as they couldn’t immediately furlough them.