Null & Void or an 18 Game Season?

Just now, roman_bairn said:

Read the graph I published above.
We currently average 101 cases of Covid per 100k across Scotland.
But you are correct, we were at these numbers in the summer and with the added protection of vaccines we should be able to maintain it as a countrywide average.....

To be fair, you didn't say what your scale was.  I took it as daily, not weekly as the % infection rates are routinely based on daily figures.

To be fair, you didn't say what your scale was.  I took it as daily, not weekly as the % infection rates are routinely based on daily figures.

I’m basing it on the data that the ScottishGovernment publish daily using 7 day rolling averages.
Percentage wise we are at 5.2% although the last few days we’ve dropped below the magic WHO 5% ‘control’ line.
Still concerned that numbers have flattened a bit too much recently and we are about to release the shackles a few weeks too soon....

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I’m basing it on the data that the ScottishGovernment publish daily using 7 day rolling averages.
Percentage wise we are at 5.2% although the last few days we’ve dropped below the magic WHO 5% ‘control’ line.
Still concerned that numbers have flattened a bit too much recently and we are about to release the shackles a few weeks too soon....

Are we though, SG is still saying don't get your hopes up yet.  Shackles will be in place for a number of weeks as they've already put the kibosh on Easter get-to-gethers and are not talking in any way positive about summer 'staycations',; crowd gatherings are way off the agenda.

Are we though, SG is still saying don't get your hopes up yet.  Shackles will be in place for a number of weeks as they've already put the kibosh on Easter get-to-gethers and are not talking in any way positive about summer 'staycations',; crowd gatherings are way off the agenda.

Honestly? Ive no idea. Nor does anyone else either though.....

1 minute ago, roman_bairn said:

Honestly? Ive no idea. Nor does anyone else either though.....

SG categorically stated Easter holidaying is up the spout and don't book 'staycations' for summer yet.  Doesn't take much reading between the lines that they'll not allow large crowds before they allow family bubbles to travel.

My football club is not effected one way or the other by the braying nonsense being peddled on this thread. 
Swing and a miss.

You’re just lucky about the timing of this pandemic. The majority of championship clubs(7, I think) have been in league 1 in the last 10 years. There really is very little between the L1 and championship clubs, even although you want to pretend otherwise.

Ah yes, only Falkirk's self interest is ok and somehow virtuous and considers other clubs and Scottish football as a whole, whilst the self interest of every single other club is atrocious and selfish and is designed to kill Scottish football.
On the mental health front, what do you imagine the main reason for the top two leagues being given an exemption is?

I would say tv deals.

21 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Roman bairn calling others dimwits when he doesnae even know how the voting system works is new levels of hilarity for this thread.

He seems to have abandoned his independent governing body he developed and is going for a more vague "sumhin must be done".

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

Incidentally - Premier League = top league. Every other league is by definition Lower League. 
Premiership, surely?

The government rightly take a more holistic approach than simply looking at case numbers. The cases/10k isn't anywhere near as important as the new hospital admissions rate.

Premiership, surely?

The government rightly take a more holistic approach than simply looking at case numbers. The cases/10k isn't anywhere near as important as the new hospital admissions rate.

You cannot see any direct correlation between the number of cases per 100k) and the hospital admissions rate?…

You cannot see any direct correlation between the number of cases per 100k) and the hospital admissions rate?…
They are correlated but it's far from 1.0. Especially with the current situation where the bulk of vulnerable people have some level of vaccination but the working population (ignoring medical/care workers) have none. It shouldn't matter if folk are picking up the virus en masse if it's not resulting in hospitalisations.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Why would the government give a single shit about Scottish football's TV deals when deciding what industries get an exemption?

It shouldn't, but I think it was a factor when the football authorities were pleading their case. I'm not sure other sectors commercial commitments cut as much I've though.

6 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

Premiership, surely?

The case numbers per 100k is extremely important. 

That has implications on the chances of yet another new variant coming to the fore and causing all sorts of issues regarding the current efficacy of the vaccines and whether the virus is likely to become more virulent and/or pathogenic.  Keep these numbers down and everything else will follow suit.

Doesn't look like a restart is likely, if the tone of the posts on here are any indication, seems like most are coming to that conclusion.

Personally I've been quite pissed that the top 2 leagues seem to have been given preferential treatment and the arse cheeks seem to have control over decision making, but, lives before games. Perhaps ending the season for L1 and L2 is the safest option. With the announcement of furlough extension until the autumn should ensure our clubs are safe. That said premier and championship should be likewise however the prospect of sevco's reaction dictates they don't. Be a right laugh if they did though.