Null & Void or an 18 Game Season?

8 minutes ago, David W said:

Surely our game v Falkirk should be moved to the Sunday, with Thistle on the Wednesday?

And when will we play QP in the Glasgow Cup?

Thursday 15th April is a "catch up" date which might be required for Thistle to use if we defeat Cowdenbeath and Dundee United in the Scottish Cup or if, much more likely, Montrose defeat Nairn County and Fraserburgh to play in the Scottish Cup on the 17th April. 

20/03/2021 East Fife SL1 H 3:00pm - - -
23/03/2021 Keith SC A 7:45pm - - -
27/03/2021 Montrose SL1 A 3:00pm - - -
30/03/2021 Peterhead SL1 A 7:45pm - - -
01/04/2021 East Fife SL1 A 7:45pm - - -
06/04/2021 Cove Rangers SL1 H 7:00pm - - -
08/04/2021 Forfar Athletic SL1 H 7:00pm - - -
10/04/2021 Falkirk SL1 A 3:00pm - - -
13/04/2021 Partick Thistle SL1 A 7:00pm - - -
17/04/2021 Dumbarton SL1 H 3:00pm - - -
20/04/2021 Forfar Athletic SL1 A 7:45pm - - -

We are absolutely gubbed. What a shambles. I'd suggest there's quite a bit of value in us not playing a goalkeeper against Keith.
7 games in 20 days in April and begins with 4 away in a row including midweek trips to Keith and Peterhead. Crazy!

Should have just been an 18 game season to give a bit of room for any postponements or cup ties.

59 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

7 games in 20 days in April and begins with 4 away in a row including midweek trips to Keith and Peterhead. Crazy!

Should have just been an 18 game season to give a bit of room for any postponements or cup ties.

There's more than a decent chance we could have 5 away games in a row, given that the next round of the cup will follow that run. And an equally good chance it will be Elgin away.

The more I read people's issues with what's on the table, the more I'm confident this idea would iron out everyone's problems. 
Play to 18, or as near as possible with postponements/cup. Then add these points onto next seasons 36 games. Gives everyone a fair chance, without punishing Falkirk etc's efforts this season. Crowds back all good, & if you are top after a 54 game season, there can be no argument about who the best team are.

Falkirk want to get promoted now, not spend another year in League 1, so it definitely wouldn't benefit them.

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Falkirk want to get promoted now, not spend another year in League 1, so it definitely wouldn't benefit them.

Ah, so nothing to do with fairness, or sporting integrity. Falkirk want the league over ASAP while they are top so they can pull the ladder up and say we're fine, bye. 

Big change from last season! 

2 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

The more I read people's issues with what's on the table, the more I'm confident this idea would iron out everyone's problems. 

Play to 18, or as near as possible with postponements/cup. Then add these points onto next seasons 36 games. Gives everyone a fair chance, without punishing Falkirk etc's efforts this season. Crowds back all good, & if you are top after a 54 game season, there can be no argument about who the best team are.

That is an absolutely terrible idea

7 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

He's been pushing it for ages, completely deaf to everyone laughing it out of court. 

Only since Sunday, if a weeks a long time in politics, 2 days is clearly ages on P&B though!  

All I read on this is pages of how we can't fit the fixtures in on time (no matter how many) in a season that, with hindsight should never had stated in the first place. 

Those fixtures look mental but I suppose clubs desperately need some sort of income again so a few extra home games will help. The players are going to be absolutely knackered so a full squad will certainly be needed by every club.

1 hour ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Ah, so nothing to do with fairness, or sporting integrity. Falkirk want the league over ASAP while they are top so they can pull the ladder up and say we're fine, bye. 

Completing a season during the year it was supposed to be played, even with a slightly reduced number of games, seems more "fair" and has more "integrity" than suddenly extending it by a whole year so that most of the season is completed by a totally different set of players to those who started it.

What’s fair about a 54 game league over two seasons? [emoji3]

Just now every team except Falkirk (understandably) are moaning about wanting more games shoehorned in. There's little leeway for clubs if they have a cup run, or Covid outbreak, not too mention players at risk of burn out/injury with whats being expected of them. N&V wouldn't be fair on you guys. Starting next season's 36 games, with this season's point tally (after 18 games) would give an advantage to whoever is in the lead at this time & scope to work around postponements. Also give you guys a good shot at winning the title in front of full houses. It's not ideal, but we have 69 pages of people bickering about 18/22/N&V & now a proposal were we might have 22, but maybe 18!

3 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Just now every team except Falkirk (understandably) are moaning about wanting more games shoehorned in. There's little leeway for clubs if they have a cup run, or Covid outbreak, not too mention players at risk of burn out/injury with whats being expected of them. N&V wouldn't be fair on you guys. Starting next season's 36 games, with this season's point tally (after 18 games) would give an advantage to whoever is in the lead at this time & scope to work around postponements. Also give you guys a good shot at winning the title in front of full houses. It's not ideal, but we have 69 pages of people bickering about 18/22/N&V & now a proposal were we might have 22, but maybe 18!

Partick Thistle, East Fife,Dumbarton, Peterhead and Forfar don't have it their own hands to win the league with 18 games and I think it's safe to say only one of those teams main objective was that. 

Four of those clubs would bite yer hand for play offs (top4)  but how any club in the league think 22 games then play offs is a great idea,then I want to know what they are drinking. 

The 18 game season is tight with not much room for error, why make the league one up one down, it would be cigars out for the championship play off team if 22 happens.

The fact that we've attached ourselves to that ludicrous league one and two statement can only make me think we actually wanted 22 in the first place otherwise why are we giving grief to championship clubs for not extending the season if we only wanted 18 games in the first place. We'd have been far better naming and shaming the clubs forcing 22 as it's them causing the issues here and noone else. Of course if we are one of them then that would explain it though.  Surely the vast majority must have wanted 18 so again in Scottish football the minority looks like it's getting its way. What a shambles.

We would definitely have wanted 18 matches rather than 22 (self interest etc) but probably gauged that the vast majority of other clubs wanted 22 to give the final standings a bit more integrity or whatever.

Better to go along with that than come out looking like we'd acted purely in our own interests, especially knowing that we'll end up only playing 18 anyway given Clyde's fixture list.

You have to pick your battles sometimes, eg telling the Colt teams to f**k off 

16 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Every idea so far is terrible! 

Sorry bud, 54 games over 2 seasons isn’t a good idea. 
Home and away once each to make 18 games isn’t a terrible idea, so not sure what your issue is.

It seems the fairest and most logical solution. The only problem with it is why on earth wasn’t it agreed as a plan B at the start of this season? There was never a 1per cent chance of a full league fixture season being completed.

3 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

We would definitely have wanted 18 matches rather than 22 (self interest etc) but probably gauged that the vast majority of other clubs wanted 22 to give the final standings a bit more integrity or whatever.

Better to go along with that than come out looking like we'd acted purely in our own interests, especially knowing that we'll end up only playing 18 anyway given Clyde's fixture list.

You have to pick your battles sometimes, eg telling the Colt teams to f**k off 

You really think more teams wanted to shoehorn in 22 games than play a simple 18 game home and away season?  I just can't see it.22 surely  gives less integrity than 18 as your going to have teams playing each other twice at home and once away and vice versa something 18 doesn't require and is an advantage on the original 27 game set up. 

4 hours ago, big al said:

Sorry bud, 54 games over 2 seasons isn’t a good idea. 
Home and away once each to make 18 games isn’t a terrible idea, so not sure what your issue is.

It seems the fairest and most logical solution. The only problem with it is why on earth wasn’t it agreed as a plan B at the start of this season? There was never a 1per cent chance of a full league fixture season being completed.

Its not me that wants this,seems that everyone other than Falkirk is against 18, but no one can find a way to shoehorn fixtures in. 

Personally I'd null and void the season & start afresh next season if it were up to me. I've lost all interest this year.

I was suggesting a way of not punishing clubs for this seasons exploits. Clubs had the option of agreeing to a plan b before a ball was kicked but refused to.

Anyway, it's agreed the 18, but maybe 22 option with no leeway shambles is happening! 

Playing four games in a week is ludicrous for full time teams and rarely if ever happens, it didn't take Stephen Hawkins to work out that even for 18 games that has to happen for many part time teams. 

I'd guess Partick and at a push East Fife may have wanted 22 games to give them a chance on paper but the other angle is perhaps sponsors/advertising and fans wanting refunds.

The amusing thing is Clyde can still win the league and make the top end play offs but could play more than half a season of games in about 8 week or so 😃