Null & Void or an 18 Game Season?

Just now, craigkillie said:

He hasn't reported the number of games being played, has he?

He hasn't, but starting mid-March with a view to completing ~18 league games, the Scottish Cup and play-offs by the middle of May seems utterly batshit mental to me and I'd be shocked if clubs were considering that. 

Plzing for those of us with newspaper sports pages to fill.

Interested to see the details about when training can resume, when games can resume and what sort of schedule the players will face. I'm very pleased with the development though.

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

He hasn't, but starting mid-March with a view to completing ~18 league games, the Scottish Cup and play-offs by the middle of May seems utterly batshit mental to me and I'd be shocked if clubs were considering that. 

That is the default position though - if the clubs can't come to an agreement then this is what will happen.

True, but we have this system where you need 8 clubs to agree to it......
It’ll be 27 then.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

That is the default position though - if the clubs can't come to an agreement then this is what will happen.

You've got to hope sense will prevail. If we take Clyde as an example, they've only played 8, they'd need to fit 20 games in before the 5th of May. If they're saying no to an 18 games season they then need to take responsibility for completing those - if they don't get games done in time, would they be relegated? Points deduction? It's madness for clubs to want to play 27 games now. 

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

True, but we have this system where you need 8 clubs to agree to it......

Have you written to your club yet?

It would be magic if the SPFL/SFA/Europe court of human rights would let us know the outcome of an investigation into the two matches we had called off, one of which was in November (!).

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

You've got to hope sense will prevail. If we take Clyde as an example, they've only played 8, they'd need to fit 20 games in before the 5th of May. If they're saying no to an 18 games season they then need to take responsibility for completing those - if they don't get games done in time, would they be relegated? Points deduction? It's madness for clubs to want to play 27 games now.

My guess is that some clubs will have pretended to want a 27 game season in the hope of getting the whole thing binned and some will actually want it to reduce their chances of relegation. Now that the league is definitely restarting, I think some minds may start to be focused on the actual practicalities of things.  I agree that 27 games would be madness, and I would guess that the next stop would be the SPFL issuing clubs with a draft 27 game fixture list just to remind them exactly how ridiculous the idea would be, and to encourage them to vote for an 18 game season.

My other prediction is that at least one chairman or manager will be on the BBC claiming the actual facts being laid out in this way represents "bullying" or similar from the SPFL. My current favourites for that particular position are Partick Thistle, who will suddenly have a bit of a race on to secure a play-off spot.

12 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I forgot that once I write to my club individually it’d all get sorted.
Given that you think it’s ‘batshit crazy’ maybe you could do the same?....

Jesus christ it's like talking to a child. I never said one letter to your club would solve anything, but moaning to folk like me on here doesn't help anything. Your club have the power to change things, speak to them. If they don't want to change things then it's maybe a good indicator that your ideas are horseshit. I said it would be batshit crazy for a club to vote for a 27 game season right now. If it comes to light that my club voted for this I will indeed write to them. 

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

My guess is that some clubs will have pretended to want a 27 game season in the hope of getting the whole thing binned and some will actually want it to reduce their chances of relegation. Now that the league is definitely restarting, I think some minds may start to be focused on the actual practicalities of things.  I agree that 27 games would be madness, and I would guess that the next stop would be the SPFL issuing clubs with a draft 27 game fixture list just to remind them exactly how ridiculous the idea would be, and to encourage them to vote for an 18 game season.

My other prediction is that at least one chairman or manager will be on the BBC claiming the actual facts being laid out in this way represents "bullying" or similar from the SPFL. My current favourites for that particular position are Partick Thistle, who will suddenly have a bit of a race on to secure a play-off spot.

Aye, I wouldn't be surprised if there is some jostling like that. Everyone knows 27 games isn't possible though and you've got to hope sense pulls through in the end. 

Edited by The Moonster

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

We also have extensive form for childish and pointless statements when we don’t get our way, so I’d say we’re odds on for this. We’ll also throw in something about maintaining our dignity, despite reality somewhat contradicting that.

54 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Amazing the number of Clyde supporters on this thread shiting themselves on the possibility of restarting and only playing 18 games....

I'm certainly not shiteing myself - I reckon if we play a 27 game season that will just be more points for us to lose and we'll get relegated by a wider margin. If we play 18 games we might cling on to the play off spot. So I suppose you're completely and utterly wrong. However if we do play 27 games it potentially gives Cove and Montrose more time to catch up to you so there are benefits either way.

Yes, I'm obsessed with Falkirk. Now that Rangers are doing pretty well I need to get my buzz from somewhere.

Considering the delay in getting the leagues back up taking it past the already expanded loan period, will League One and League Two sides be give the ability to bring any players in now on loan, as in another brief extension?

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

Considering the delay in getting the leagues back up taking it past the already expanded loan period, will League One and League Two sides be give the ability to bring any players in now on loan, as in another brief extension?

Sure somebody said yesterday that it has been extended to the end of March. 

Have you read the rules yet?
Broken record.
As you are the expert, please can you kindly confirm the following?
As it stands we now need to complete a 27 game campaign.
However we can change that if 8 of 10 clubs agree to it and 75% across both League 1 and 2. Otherwise we are stuck with 27 games.
Teams need to be given 28 days to agree to the proposal but if they reject it they can change their minds and accept the proposal at any point within the 28 days, although once they agree to it they cannot change their minds the other way. Teams cannot accept the proposal and then choose to change their minds however.
And now the important question: Once the proposal has been raised we cannot start the 27 game campaign as we won’t know until the 28 days have passed or 8 teams agree and 75% has been reached, what the final decision is?
i think this was the basis of the voting last time out.
On a positive note, Dundee are not part of the vote.........