Null & Void or an 18 Game Season?

Guest The Phoenix
1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Indeed not. I believe my liver may have regenerated in the past year.

Yet more disappointing news for Falkirk fans. ☹️😉

Guest The Phoenix
1 minute ago, virginton said:

Safe to say that you could have knocked me down with a feather today, so shocked - shocked! - was I at the revelation that the government did in fact tell the SFA that yeah, you're going to can those leagues right now or else we'll do it for you. 

Rod Petrie covering his back. That’s a very different statement to that made at the original time of the suspension.  

2 hours ago, Life on Marrs? said:

We don't know how effective the vaccine is for 9 weeks, which is where the 26th April date came from, we can only speculate how the virus will behave. Whilst numbers have been encouraging, I suspect this Brazilian varient might be causing some panic. 

If you ignore Israel, sure, we have no idea how effective the vaccine is. If you ignore just about every bit of data coming out of the UK, sure, we don't know how effective the vaccine is. And if you ignore the fact that footballers are extremely unlikely to require hospitalisation or die from the virus then you can just about justify this ultra cautious approach to keeping us shut down.

Get a date set or bin it, dragging it out like this helps nobody.

2 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

An “imminent” return for training now being reported 

Raman is generally pretty spot-on, so here's hoping he's right on this one too. Wonder if this just applies to League One and League Two, or if it will be a return to pre-January games?

Just now, latapythelegend said:

Semis: 5th/9th 

Final: 12th/15th. 

I expect to see them move back a week or so.

If we started playing again on the 20th of March that gives us 7 Saturdays to get games done. 4 teams only have 7 games left, the others can get the additional games done midweek. Only reason I can see for moving them a week is to allow for the Scottish Cup but realistically not many clubs in this division will be in that beyond the next round or two. 

If we started playing again on the 20th of March that gives us 7 Saturdays to get games done. 4 teams only have 7 games left, the others can get the additional games done midweek. Only reason I can see for moving them a week is to allow for the Scottish Cup but realistically not many clubs in this division will be in that beyond the next round or two. 

Have 8 of the 10 clubs actually voted and agreed an 18 game league?…

I can't wait to see how Clyde are going to be fitting in the 19 remaining games of a 27 game season in.

Say we have our first game in two weekends time, on the 20th March and the play offs (which we will potentially be involved in, relegation-wise) are moved back a week to the 12th of May that gives us eight weeks to fulfil the 19 fixtures. It's far from impossible, but it still seems a long shot. An 18-game season is of course more feasible but not a popular choice. I don't think there is a 'right' way of doing things, but it seems to me the best way to continue making Falkirk fans hilariously raging is to just null and void the season.

I can't wait to see how Clyde are going to be fitting in the 19 remaining games of a 27 game season in.
Say we have our first game in two weekends time, on the 20th March and the play offs (which we will potentially be involved in, relegation-wise) are moved back a week to the 12th of May that gives us eight weeks to fulfil the 19 fixtures. It's far from impossible, but it still seems a long shot. An 18-game season is of course more feasible but not a popular choice. I don't think there is a 'right' way of doing things, but it seems to me the best way to continue making Falkirk fans hilariously raging is to just null and void the season.

Amazing the number of Clyde supporters on this thread shiting themselves on the possibility of restarting and only playing 18 games....