Null & Void or an 18 Game Season?

2 minutes ago, fatdoug1938 said:
54 minutes ago, The Moonster said:
I'm not sure Scottish football is the ideal sport for a lot of people from Falkirk. You don't seem to like anything about the game.

But it is very funny!!

Wait until the season gets declared null & void, this forum will be mental!

Just null and void or complete the season after 18 fixtures. A 27 fixture season was a stupid idea in the first place. 

Ah, but you need 8 out of 10 to vote for one of them. Haven’t you been listening?…[emoji16]
PS. I wonder if you’ve got 28 days to come to a decision....

Just now, roman_bairn said:

True. I didn’t though and I’m not speaking for Falkirk FC. I’m merely pointing out the innumerable flaws that is the system you defend to the hilt.....

I haven't defended it anywhere, I've explain how it stands. A point you have failed understand or take the trouble to find out.

I haven't defended it anywhere, I've explain how it stands. A point you have failed understand or take the trouble to find out.

What, like the fact that you continue to make this into a ‘Falkirk wronged’ thing, when I’ve pointed out many times across several threads that Raith were rightly promoted and Hearts and Thistle rightly relegated?
My concern is the chaos that this system continues to throw up, the inconsistent decision making that comes up time and again, and whilst I don’t think there is an ideal solution, I certainly think that the current one can be improved upon.....

5 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Sorry what? The received preferential treatment how? For being PT and allowed to keep playing? They are in a league that was allowed to continue, hardly preferential. They reep the benefits of their league position which they obtained on merit.  Have a think about what your saying? Do you think the other 8 teams in the championship should've been allowed to continue and Alloa/Arbroath made to stop? Falkirk fans stop acting like self entitled fuds. You are in league 1 as that is your current level, you have been here for years as you have merited it on the pitch. You are now subject to any restrictions placed on Said league. Alloa and Arbroath are in the championship as they are there on merit and better than Falkirk (and all other league 1 teams) they are subject to any restrictions placed on the championship. Nothing is a conspiracy, nothing here is preferential. Just because they have people on the spfl board makes not a jot of difference. Jesus!

I’m not arguing over the point that Alloa or Arbroath are better than Falkirk - they clearly are and are also above us on merit - I don’t disagree with that at all.

I’ve also no issue with Falkirk not being allowed to play because of the restrictions - health and the recovery of the country must come first.

Alloa and Arbroath have however been given preferential treatment as they are being treated differently from others in the same group (part time clubs). That’s a fact whether you like it or not.

On 27/02/2021 at 11:31, Arnold Layne said:

No it is not. Read the rules. There is no mention of distinction between essential and non-essential work. The full 'stay at home' guidance is here https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/ I would urge people to read it. These are the rules that cover our day to day lives at the moment.

Outwith these rules the Govt has placed separate restrictions on specific areas deemed to be high risk activities.

Essential appears several times. Granted not as I pasted anymore. The guidance/advice/rules have evolved over the past year which I guess seems to have confused many. My point was whether playing football is as important as going to a hospital appointment say, or a worker having to go to work in a supermarket.

Thanks for the link 

16 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m not arguing over the point that Alloa or Arbroath are better than Falkirk - they clearly are and are also above us on merit - I don’t disagree with that at all.

I’ve also no issue with Falkirk not being allowed to play because of the restrictions - health and the recovery of the country must come first.

Alloa and Arbroath have however been given preferential treatment as they are being treated differently from others in the same group (part time clubs). That’s a fact whether you like it or not.

Football clubs are arranged into leagues, and have been for over a century. What are these groups? Are they a new thing?

Ps. I’m going to say it now, so feel free to bookmark, the lower division clubs will be financially incentivised to such an extent that enough will give in to allow colt clubs to be admitted. Under an independent and fairly run body (a challenge I agree), such bribery would not be allowed to exist....

Interesting to see one of the rags reporting today that the arse cheeks are about to offer £3M to clubs to accept the colts into the leagues.
Wonder if this is the point that the flawed argument that the current system is the one to ensure that the clubs are not admitted or whether they will have to come back again to offer more cash in 6 months time?
Pretty much tantamount to bribery and corruption, but I’m sure the clubs will do the right thing under the articles of association rules.....

7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Interesting to see one of the rags reporting today that the arse checks are about to offer £3M to clubs to accept the colts into the leagues.
Wonder if this is the point that the flawed argument that the current system is the one to ensure that the clubs are not admitted or whether they will have to come back again to offer more cash in 6 months time?
Pretty much tantamount to bribery and corruption, but I’m sure the clubs will do the right thing under the articles of association rules.....

It's 3 million spread over 5 seasons. It is absolutely a bribe. Not that Rangers/Celtic have any obligation to look after anyone else, they're perfectly entitled to push it.

However, I don't think there's any doubt that Colt teams are more likely to be rejected by the current set-up, than this fantasy impartial body. They would have Colt teams in the league straight away. Clyde for one would suffer a far greater financial loss that £30k a year wouldn't come close to filling and would reject it regardless. I'm pretty sure the other clubs have unanimously rejected it in the recent past.

Edited by David W

56 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

That's the rules your club signed up to.

Tbf we wouldn't have signed up to that if we knew how some clubs would vote. We still don't know what Dundee were offered to change their vote, they voted against their own interests which would suggest something odd behind the scenes occurred. 

The bottom line is you can't have clubs, who are solely interested in the future of their clubs and rightly so, voting for how the the league should be finalised. Right now, the bottom 5 in the championship will obviously vote for null and void for league 1 and 2 to eliminate the risk of being relegated. 

It's 3 million spread over 5 seasons. It is absolutely a bribe. Not that Rangers/Celtic have any obligation to look after anyone else, they're perfectly entitled to push it.
However, I don't think there's any doubt that Colt teams are more likely to be rejected by the current set-up, than this fantasy impartial body. They would have Colt teams in the league straight away. Clyde for one would suffer a far greater financial loss that £30k a year wouldn't come close to filling and would reject it regardless. I'm pretty sure the other clubs have unanimously rejected it in the recent past.

They have, but it’s clearly the Old Firm trying to take advantage of the current situation and it’s clear they are not about to let it lie so it’s only a matter of time imo before money talks.
Can anyone explain why there does not appear to have been anything tabled in the articles that clubs cannot admit colt teams? I’m sure over 50% of clubs would vote for it.
This could have been put to bed a long time ago, and could be under a independent body where the rules are agreed with the clubs at the outset and adhered to rather than being tested season upon season with different conclusions reached for individual self interest reasons...

Article in today's Sunday Mail with Fraser Wishart of the PFA saying that 89 percent of lower league players want to get playing, and 70 percent are happy to do so without testing.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lower-league-players-ready-nicola-23577909

“If lower league players want to return – and they can test – I don’t see why it should be a problem."

Just now, Jan Vojáček said:

Article in today's Sunday Mail with Fraser Wishart of the PFA saying that 89 percent of lower league players want to get playing, and 70 percent are happy to do so without testing.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/lower-league-players-ready-nicola-23577909

I'd also like to play football and don't require a test. I'm not really sure what point he's making.