Null & Void or an 18 Game Season?

14 minutes ago, Arnold Layne said:

As  a ScotGov representative, perhaps you could let us know how far a plumber is allowed to travel to play football and  pick up a supplemental wage. Alloa to Inverness is ok?

If they're playing in a professional league, yes. If they're in a semi-professional league stacked with other brickies and plumbers travelling all over the country for the same purpose, then no. 

When discussing Scottish football, can we please stop calling it elite sport. That's laughable.

If you're now getting your knickers in a twist about that then you're throwing just about every other group in that category overboard as well. 

Edited by vikingTON

53 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

But by that analogy, Arbroath and Alloa being allowed to continue is like saying some pubs could continue. PT football is either dangerous or it's not.

My belief has always been that public safety has to come first however I cannot fathom why Alloa and Arbroath players have been given privileges that other people in Scotland, never mind other footballers, have not been given ??

Surely a part time player travelling from Alloa to Dundee is no different risk wise from a part time player travelling from Cumbernauld to Forfar ?

28 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

My belief has always been that public safety has to come first however I cannot fathom why Alloa and Arbroath players have been given privileges that other people in Scotland, never mind other footballers, have not been given ??

Surely a part time player travelling from Alloa to Dundee is no different risk wise from a part time player travelling from Cumbernauld to Forfar ?

A line was drawn under the Championship. That might be right or wrong, however what couldn't happen was drawing a line through a division isolating some members from others. Maybe it should have been drawn under the Premiership, maybe it should all have been suspended.

Part time teams in the Championship have been fortunate. Full time teams below that less fortunate.

Jesus wept. We have 26 pages of the same people shouting about the same argument. Essential work, non-essential work, professional, semi-professional, SFA, SPFL, The government. No matter how much you continually batter your point across someone will disagree, but to do this for this whole thread is a bit mad. 

Some people don't think football should have stopped some are in full agreement it did (there is a separate thread for this btw)

There is also a thread elsewhere to discuss all things COVID-19 related.

Things have gone away from the original question of null and void or and 18 game season? 

Personally I'd can it and start again in August. Whatever happens, some people will be annoyed and think its a vandetta against them (see Falkirk FC).

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Making the distinction (and in some cases celebrating it) between elite and non elite, in leagues that literally feed into eachother and are basically entwined as each others reasons for being is an odd thing to see from supposed football fans....

So the East of Scotland conferences and South of Scotland League should be subject to the same criteria as the Premiership?

So the East of Scotland conferences and South of Scotland League should be subject to the same criteria as the Premiership?
Its not an easy situation. I clearly have to concede that the line is to be drawn somewhere. Perhaps with consultation with the clubs about how far down the structure they were willing to spring for testing?

Personally despite my selfish motivations, the clamour to get football back on didnt really square with the sacrifices the rest of us are making so theres at least some argument for no football at all, or postponing the whole lot together until the virus came under the level of control we are currently seeing, with the caveat that you just test to restart.

What's actually happened is all very arbitrary, makes not a huge deal of sense, and most importantly, isnt particularly good for Scottish football, unless you are an Ann Budge too many clubs type or and arse cheek Colts advocate who sees and opportunity to hold some lower league feet to the fire.

And no, I dont think theres a conspiracy against Falkirk.

I guess, if someone works in John Lewis', they could realistically pick up where they left off after a year out, the same couldn't really be said of a professional athlete.
Elite level athletes were given special dispensation to continue, with certain protocols in place to continue so it wouldn't have a detremental effect on their careers. Same reason England's cricketers are in India, six nations got to start, John Higgins & Andy Murray can go all over the world & the Tokyo Olympics & Euro 2020 will happen this year. 
Wherever the line in football was drawn, clubs just under that level would always feel hard done by.
It does highlight that some folk have very few problems in life/ understanding of the pandemic, if they think it's the end of the world if this season is scrapped!

Are you saying that L1 & L2 were redefined in January as not “elite” level ?

So, it takes 8 of 10 clubs to agree to reduce to 18 games should we restart. It also needs 8 of 10 clubs to agree null and void.
Can someone explain how we arrive a decision should it not be possible to deliver 27 games?
You couldn’t make up how shite this voting system is......

Guest The Phoenix
22 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

So, it takes 8 of 10 clubs to agree to reduce to 18 games should we restart. It also needs 8 of 10 clubs to agree null and void.
Can someone explain how we arrive a decision should it not be possible to deliver 27 games?

You’ve answered your own question! 

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

You couldn’t make up how shite this voting system is......

Did you ever get round to reading the Articles of Association?

27 games get played.

Ok. So it’s not inconceivable that if training restarts in mid March the first games get going on 3rd April. (It’s a big ‘if’ that we get the go ahead to start that soon of course).
That would give us 5 weekends to fit in with the play offs.
Good luck to Clyde who need to fit in 19 games in that period.....

2 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

Jesus wept. We have 26 pages of the same people shouting about the same argument. Essential work, non-essential work, professional, semi-professional, SFA, SPFL, The government. No matter how much you continually batter your point across someone will disagree, but to do this for this whole thread is a bit mad. 

Are you new here?

3 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

A. I’ve got better things to do with my time.
B. You’ve seriously missed the point here.....

I didn't say I agreed with them and I don't know them by heart. I know where to find them though and I understand the principle of what happens when a resolution doesn't get the required majority.

You, on the other hand...

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

2 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Are you saying that L1 & L2 were redefined in January as not “elite” level ?

Elite, a noun meaning a select group that is superior in terms of ability or qualities to the rest of a group or society. 

So yes, everyone cannot be considered the cream of the crop, or else it'd just be, 'the crop'. Maybe would've been better to have just the Premiership still going, but wherever they drew the line would see those just under it unhappy. 

The reason that the Championship was allowed to continue was because one of Scotland's superclubs, Hearts, were/are in there. 

If they weren't and if they hadn't been treated controversially last summer, only the Premiership would have continued.

Am I wrong?