Null & Void or an 18 Game Season?

1 minute ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I'm completely neutral, no horse in the race.

Didn’t say otherwise - and I generally do enjoy your #content 

I’ve just found this thread a bit tiring. Yes this season is a bit shite. Yes we all support these wee teams because really it’s all about going to the game. But this second lockdown (for me anyway) will have been a decent bit more bearable with SOMETHING to look forward to on a Saturday.

The constant “no way they can finish”, “no way they should be playing”, “this season is shit anyway just null and void it” has been a bit weak imo. 

My main agreement with you is falkirk have acted throughout with exactly the same amount of self interest as every other club. As a club we tried to do what was best for us - nothing more nothing less 

1 minute ago, bairn88 said:

Didn’t say otherwise - and I generally do enjoy your #content 

I’ve just found this thread a bit tiring. Yes this season is a bit shite. Yes we all support these wee teams because really it’s all about going to the game. But this second lockdown (for me anyway) will have been a decent bit more bearable with SOMETHING to look forward to on a Saturday.

The constant “no way they can finish”, “no way they should be playing”, “this season is shit anyway just null and void it” has been a bit weak imo. 

My main agreement with you is falkirk have acted throughout with exactly the same amount of self interest as every other club. As a club we tried to do what was best for us - nothing more nothing less 

Then we agree for the most part. I think the decision to finish or not will be dictated by circumstances outside football and clubs will tailor their approach once they know what is happening. Anyone who thinks self interest can be removed from the equation under this regime or any newly convened one is delusional.

Both are an arbitrary number of games in an incomplete season (of course I can see the difference but a “where do you draw the line” debate drew up a huge range of opinions last year and would likely do the same this year).
Yes, there are lots of people laughing at falkirk. A lot of fans of clubs who are uncomfortably close to the bottom of the championship, pointing and laughing whilst they still play with their extra £350k in their pocket. I’m a bit of a c**t but I doubt if the shoe was on the other foot I’d be down in league 1 threads trying to discredit any idea that the season can finish. Now that is desperate.
(Roman Bairn has lost his head a bit though) 

Up yours![emoji3]

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

What’s not going to a game got to do with anything?
There’s an awful lot of OF fans who don’t go to games but continue the glory hunt from their armchair.....

There's a clue under my avatar where I've been going. I went to  Airdrie, now I don't. I stopped moaning about all the things I didn't like and did something about it.

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

There's a clue under my avatar where I've been going. I went to  Airdrie, now I don't. I stopped moaning about all the things I didn't like and did something about it.

Came here to moan about Falkirk? 

Aye, ye can take the boy out of Airdrie... 

4 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I didn't catch the briefing, but apparently Leitch said something about wanting training to start soon but being concerned about travel? I just received a message about it.

They wouldn't allow training without the intention to restart matches so null and void thankfully looks increasingly unlikely now. 

Just now, latapythelegend said:

They wouldn't allow training without the intention to restart matches so null and void thankfully looks increasingly unlikely now. 

Fingers crossed we get some positive very soon. It's disappointing that they are dragging it out until the review date as I had hoped we might hear of plans in advance, but here we are.

5 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I didn't catch the briefing, but apparently Leitch said something about wanting training to start soon but being concerned about travel? I just received a message about it.

Just watched it. He basically said that discussions will continue today and over the weekend. They would be looking to resume training shortly and playing soon after that.

Things like travel distance are still a concern.

3 minutes ago, blueone said:

Just watched it. He basically said that discussions will continue today and over the weekend. They would be looking to resume training shortly and playing soon after that.

Things like travel distance are still a concern.

I wonder why that's a concern for tested League One and League Two players, but not a concern for tested Premiership players...

22 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

The ability to return to training doesn't mean a return to matches. I don't hold out any hope that the teams will be able to agree a consensus as to what to do with the season itself.

3 minutes ago, David W said:

The ability to return to training doesn't mean a return to matches. I don't hold out any hope that the teams will be able to agree a consensus as to what to do with the season itself.

Why would you train without it leading to something though? Clubs wouldn't agree to that because to have them back in training they will have to be taken off furlough. Clubs won't do that without games being guaranteed. 

Just now, latapythelegend said:

Why would you train without it leading to something though? Clubs wouldn't agree to that because to have them back in training they will have to be taken off furlough. Clubs won't do that without games being guaranteed. 

They're only talking about  a return to training. The more they drag this out, the less dead rubber fixtures at the arse-end of the Championship. Expect to read about more manufactured disagreements/discussions, over the next couple of weeks, before we're put out of our misery.