Null & Void or an 18 Game Season?

16 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

I mean, you do know the thread title is literally “null and void or an 18 game season”?

And yet the last few pages has been wall to wall bleating about how we want to test and play but the SPFL say no and where's the risk anyway!!!11!!

Edited by vikingTON

4 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

Surprising, isn’t it, that a poster supporting a team in the Championship, not adversely affected by the suspension, but otherwise could find itself in relegation trouble this campaign, would mock posters of lower division clubs and write-off their opinion, as it suits his own and his clubs needs?....

My football club is not effected one way or the other by the braying nonsense being peddled on this thread. 

Swing and a miss.

Edited by vikingTON

As a nurse working in COVID positive areas I really would like some of the people shouting for the relaxation of restrictions to come with me for a day. The death people suffer( not just over 80's is horrific and the sights will remain with me for a long time. If is not just slipping away peacefully .
The restrictions are brutal and will cause a flood of mental health admissions for a long time but if they prevent thousands more dying the deaths I have seen they are worth it.
Football and especially Falkirk football Club are things I love and I look forward to returning to the stadium when it is safe and take my seat amongst lots of old men and women who have been saved by our current actions
Dear Dear

I think you are missing some of the points that are being made. We are all living under restrictions imposed by dictat rather than our parliaments and have to live within these restrictions.
I read that the BMA has now called for the near elimination of Covid before any significant easing of restrictions. The world lives with tolerated exposure to other infectious killer diseases. We will have to do the same with Covid.
Our governments and others around the world are like rabbits caught in headlights, unable to move, waiting fearfully for the Covid truck to ether miss them or run them over.

11 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

One point off of ninth in the table having played more than the teams below you.
Methinks you protest too much.....

I think that you're an imbecile who can't read for the sake of comprehension. 

3 hours ago, Passionate said:

This might have already been raised, I was under the impression that the Premier league and the championship were the only leagues allowed to train and play under strict testing and mitigation protocols.....   All other football lower leagues, down the pyramid, women's football etc were not allowed to train or play until given the unlikely go ahead to start back....

Why were the Scotland women's team allowed to play a friendly in Cyprus when there level is shut down and have been apparently unable to meet up and train and was this game essential ,  have I missed something ....

The Scotland women's team is mostly full-time though isn't it? And the Cyprus game  wasn't a friendly.

Guest The Phoenix
2 hours ago, virginton said:

And yet the last few pages has been wall to wall bleating about how we want to test and play but the SPFL say no and where's the risk anyway!!!11!!

The decision not to allow SPFL1 & 2 resume playing has absolutely nothing to do with the SPFL. 

Edited by The Phoenix

Ah yes, only Falkirk's self interest is ok and somehow virtuous and considers other clubs and Scottish football as a whole, whilst the self interest of every single other club is atrocious and selfish and is designed to kill Scottish football.

On the mental health front, what do you imagine the main reason for the top two leagues being given an exemption is?

13 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Try as I might to accept all the technical  info about the virus and all its mutations , I tend to agree with your view about the continual resetting of restrictions. The increasing  issues regarding people's mental health continue to be brought up and are continually brushed aside . To me this is as important as the virus itself . People need hope and a reason to carry on . 

I heard this morning that Westminster are going to be easing restrictions in care homes where one person can visit  and be able to hold hands but not hug their relative. What's that all about?   It has a feel of prison visits about it .  Holding hands carries as much risk as passing the virus as hugging in my mind anyway. 

In Scotland , the SG said that they are going to try to phase kids going back to school but that will mean further restrictions for the general public. 

I can't help feeling that the various governments are becoming accustomed to this feeling of power . The decisions seem to carry a sense of guilt and responsibility on the public despite the mistakes made by the governments in the past.   I just hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel and that this is not an indication of a future of restriction and control. 

As for the football side of things I am also struggling to comprehend the risk management between the authorities without the evidence of figures to back up their decisions to halt lower league football. 

The current numbers are still way higher than when we came out of lockdown the last time and look how that worked out.  Alternatively, lets come out of lockdown too soon, allow the viral infections to remain high in the community and allow the virus to mutate into yet another vaccination headache.

I suspect, if you think any of the nations governments are enjoying this sense of power, you are very much mistaken; in fact I'd go as far to say that the mistakes of the governments were purely trying to shed these responsibilities and being pressured into getting back to normality far too quickly, perhaps why there is a feeling of a  sense of guilt and responsibility.  Lets face it there have been umpteen incidents just in Scottish football alone where those feelings should have been felt quite deeply.

Less than a quarter of the population have had their first vaccination and it still takes about a month to convey any meaningful protection  so looking for a restart soon of lower league football and pretty much everything else we took for granted a year ago just seems absurd.

Currently, how can any government have a long term strategy until they have some understanding of how the current vaccines, previous infection/immunity and virus mutations are going to play out in the near to middle future?   The shadow cabinets calling for a road map out of this are just being arseholes with a political agenda (yes, that is exactly what the shadow cabinets are there for) but it is just so frustrating when they know they don't have the answers either.

Re mental issues, yes it is a very important issue that needs addressed but is currently not likely to kill 50 odd people a day and overwhelm the NHS.  Just not as high a priority at the moment.

Ah yes, only Falkirk's self interest is ok and somehow virtuous and considers other clubs and Scottish football as a whole, whilst the self interest of every single other club is atrocious and selfish and is designed to kill Scottish football.
On the mental health front, what do you imagine the main reason for the top two leagues being given an exemption is?

Absolutely no idea who you are addressing here, but I’ll use it to clarify my view. I don’t think ANY leagues should be operating until we are below 25 cases per 100k average and a test positivity rate average of under 1% for 2 weeks minimum. If that means Falkirk don’t get promoted this season, again, so be it.
However, I certainly don’t think any of our top two divisions should be operating either, especially given the record of some of the clubs players, and the shite that Neil Lennon continues to spew at the Scottish Government, almost dismissing the seriousness of the pandemic.
I want to see the end of self interest full stop. I don’t think it does any club any favours - including my own.
The trouble is, any alternative is unlikely to be accepted or ideal. And I certainly don’t have a utopia answer to resolve the issue. But what we have certainly isn’t fair or right unless it’s a straight democratic majority rather than different weighting’s for different decisions or the ludicrous idea that you have 28 days to make up your mind, but once you make the decision that meets the needs of the association, you can’t change it in one direction but you can in the other.
However one point I will make is that anyone who thinks that the current system, skewed to meet the needs of the Old Firm, is the best way to protect against colts being admitted to the leagues is a total dimwit. That’s happening in the next few years, like it or not....

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Absolutely no idea who you are addressing here, but I’ll use it to clarify my view. I don’t think ANY leagues should be operating until we are below 25 cases per 100k average and a test positivity rate average of under 1% for 2 weeks minimum. If that means Falkirk don’t get promoted this season, again, so be it.
However, I certainly don’t think any of our top two divisions should be operating either, especially given the record of some of the clubs players, and the shite that Neil Lennon continues to spew at the Scottish Government, almost dismissing the seriousness of the pandemic.
I want to see the end of self interest full stop. I don’t think it does any club any favours - including my own.
The trouble is, any alternative is unlikely to be accepted or ideal. And I certainly don’t have a utopia answer to resolve the issue. But what we have certainly isn’t fair or right unless it’s a straight democratic majority rather than different weighting’s for different decisions or the ludicrous idea that you have 28 days to make up your mind, but once you make the decision that meets the needs of the association, you can’t change it in one direction but you can in the other.
However one point I will make is that anyone who thinks that the current system, skewed to meet the needs of the Old Firm, is the best way to protect against colts being admitted to the leagues is a total dimwit. That’s happening in the next few years, like it or not....

If you’re waiting for 25 cases/100k and a test positivity of less than 1%, it’s quite possible that we’d literally never play football again in our lifetimes. That’s what vaccines are for. 

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Fortunately, under the current system you are trying to punt, it's a no-goer. 

It's been kicked out umpteen times now because of the current system, long may that power prevail.

If you’re waiting for 25 cases/100k and a test positivity of less than 1%, it’s quite possible that we’d literally never play football again in our lifetimes. That’s what vaccines are for. 

You will see that in the next 4-6 weeks unless the lockdown rules are relaxed too much too soon....
IMG_0165.jpg

5 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

We are currently under 25 cases/100k and were below 1% test positivity cases last summer.  In fact it was estimated at one point there were less than 500 cases in Scotland before everything went tits up again.

We are currently under 25 cases/100k and were below 1% test positivity cases last summer.  In fact it was estimated at one point there were less than 500 cases in Scotland before everything went tits up again.

Read the graph I published above.
We currently average 101 cases of Covid per 100k across Scotland.
But you are correct, we were at these numbers in the summer and with the added protection of vaccines we should be able to maintain it as a countrywide average.....