Null & Void or an 18 Game Season?

20 hours ago, The Moonster said:

An independent panel doesn't need to answer to fans, if your clubs vote disappears so does your voice.

One of the first things that an 'independent' body would slap on the table being of course the dung, elite-driven concept of 'colt teams'.

Should we completely destroy the lower leagues as credible competitions in perpetuity then, because a tiny minority aren't happy with the outcomes of the current governance model? It's a no from me.

22 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

No clubs would be in favour of being removed from the running and major decision making process.

My point was that the ugly sisters wield too much power as it is and they're not going to want that diluted in any way.

But it's a moot point because no-one in their right mind would vote for that half arsed proposal.

In other words the current lopsided approach with no clarity on how decisions are made, occasional 11-1 votes required, sometimes not, and any other ‘make it up as you go along’ approach, is what’s best for Scottish football.
And if we all accept that there is just a minuscule chance we might just be able to avoid the arse cheeks adding colt clubs to the lower decisions.
No wonder lower league clubs are where they are.
Ambitious and highly progressive......[emoji17]

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

In other words the current lopsided approach with no clarity on how decisions are made, occasional 11-1 votes required, sometimes not, and any other ‘make it up as you go along’ approach, is what’s best for Scottish football.
And if we all accept that there is just a minuscule chance we might just be able to avoid the arse cheeks adding colt clubs to the lower decisions.
No wonder lower league clubs are where they are.
Ambitious and highly progressive......emoji17.png

I have no idea what that means. The voting structure and majorities needed on certain types of issue are clearly laid out. You might not like it, but it isn't hard to understand and you've had it explained to you dozens of times over the past year.

I have no idea what that means. The voting structure and majorities needed on certain types of issue are clearly laid out. You might not like it, but it isn't hard to understand and you've had it explained to you dozens of times over the past year.

Ok. So tell me, what’s the voting procedure re whether leagues 1 and 2 go to PPG promotion, whether play offs happen or whether null and void?
Who gets a vote and do Premier and Championship clubs gets vote?
This assumes that the Top two divisions complete the season.....

7 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Ok. So tell me, what’s the voting procedure re whether leagues 1 and 2 go to PPG promotion, whether play offs happen or whether null and void?
Who gets a vote and do Premier and Championship clubs gets vote?
This assumes that the Top two divisions complete the season.....

You were referring to 11-1 earlier, I thought you meant the issues decided by Premier clubs ie 11-1, 9-3 etc.

If football is still suspended there won't be any vote on play offs.

The clubs refused the board power to make an executive decision, so it will go to a vote re null and void/PPG.

Last season all divisions were affected, so all voted, this season that looks far less likely.

The voting structure and rules are all in the SPFL Articles of Association and the Rules and Regulations, both are on PDF if you Google them. They explain which type of resolutions need which majority. 

I am furious about this organisation I have no understanding of.

It takes incredible levels or arrogance to believe that someone should not comment or recognise obvious fault in the set up of our football authorities, without knowing every rule in their ‘rule book’ inside out......

20 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

It takes incredible levels or arrogance to believe that someone should not comment or recognise obvious fault in the set up of our football authorities, without knowing every rule in their ‘rule book’ inside out......

If I was displaying arrogance here I'd have told you to sit down and shut up about 5 pages back with the absolute drivel you've come out with. 

I'm not asking you to know every rule in the book, just a basic understanding of how things work will do, then your comments might be a bit more informed. 

If I was displaying arrogance here I'd have told you to sit down and shut up about 5 pages back with the absolute drivel you've come out with. 
I'm not asking you to know every rule in the book, just a basic understanding of how things work will do, then your comments might be a bit more informed. 

As I was saying.....

On 13/02/2021 at 17:53, Sergeant Wilson said:

Anyway, you're suggesting  permutations for the remaining 30. 3 divisions of 10 is a wee bit similar to what we have. One of 14 and one of 16. Maybe you're inviting more clubs, how many? 2 to make 2x16.

Help me understand.

Eta. I've re read that. You mean 3 divisions for all clubs. What split would allow only playing twice?

Yes, 3 divisions

Haven't got a clue m8 regarding the split and how that would all work. It's what I'd like to see (bigger leagues playing each other twice).  The current format is just monotonous.

We could indeed look south for inspiration. 

On 13/02/2021 at 20:45, rockson said:

The word this side of the Atlantic is maths.

(In any case despite the way it's used the phrase should be "do the arithmetic." That's what you are doing when adding and then dividing. )

This has just gone way over your head  dude.

What a rocket.

32 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

Yes, 3 divisions

Haven't got a clue m8 regarding the split and how that would all work. It's what I'd like to see (bigger leagues playing each other twice).  The current format is just monotonous.

We could indeed look south for inspiration. 

Your suggesting the 42 split into 3 divisions to ensure they only play each other twice.

1. 3x14 playing twice would only be 26 league games.That creates an obvious problem.

2. To get 3 viable, equal divisions you'd need 48 clubs to make 3 divisions of 16 playing 30 league games. I doubt league clubs will be up for inviting 6 new clubs, it also might raise the issue of colt teams being brought in.

3. Splitting the existing 42 into 3 unequal divisions will result in one or all of the divisions either having too many of too few league games. Is a premier 14 leaves 28 other clubs to be divided in 2, see 1. above.

4. A Premier 16 leaves 26 other clubs to be divided in 2. Would you have two 13 team divisions.

How can you make 3 divisions work and have teams only playing against each other twice?

Your suggesting the 42 split into 3 divisions to ensure they only play each other twice.
1. 3x14 playing twice would only be 26 league games.That creates an obvious problem.
2. To get 3 viable, equal divisions you'd need 48 clubs to make 3 divisions of 16 playing 30 league games. I doubt league clubs will be up for inviting 6 new clubs, it also might raise the issue of colt teams being brought in.
3. Splitting the existing 42 into 3 unequal divisions will result in one or all of the divisions either having too many of too few league games. Is a premier 14 leaves 28 other clubs to be divided in 2, see 1. above.
4. A Premier 16 leaves 26 other clubs to be divided in 2. Would you have two 13 team divisions.
How can you make 3 divisions work and have teams only playing against each other twice?
Not a prefect solution I admit but surely you play everyone home and away in a 14 team league then split into two 7s which gives everyone 38 matches? Obvious issues around one team in each section getting a free or bye and consequences around teams knowing what results they need for promotion/relegation I know

37 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Haven't a clue big fella if I'm being honest.

Leave the top tier as it is, so the can lump it about against each other 4 times per season? 

Have two leagues of say 16/18 playing each other twice.

This is Scottish football we're talking about. Nothing should really surprise us. Remember the stooshy when the introduces the SPL split?

As @jaggyness has highlighted above, a split might be the answer.

I'm all for introducing a few more teams into the league but not Colts. Keep the pyramid system in place as this works.

Playing each other twice a season is more than enough. Hell, we could even play less games. No big deal when you consider the practicality of winter football in this country.

3 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Yes, just means a drop in income across the board and revision of all player/staff budgets, but no big deal. 

You cut your cloth accordingly. 

Less games (more so during winter) may well see attendances increase over the course of a reduced season.

Alternatively, we keep the status quo and we're still here in a few years time complaining how shit Scottish football really is.

8 minutes ago, Stevo Fife said:

You cut your cloth accordingly. 

Less games (more so during winter) may well see attendances increase over the course of a reduced season.

I can see fans of all clubs being delighted that the quality of player they'll be watching is now even more shite than they used to be.

Less games = higher attendances aye? Why don't we just play each other once through the summer then?