The Mighty Well v The less than mighty Accies 13th Feb.

Stephen Robinson must be sitting on the couch with a beer feeling very pleased with himself right now.

There was a suggestion on our club thread after the Killie game that the upturn in recent results shows that the manager was as much to blame as the players for some of the performances this season. Alexander is still just in the door and, for me, today shows that the players are firmly to blame for the position we're currently in. Whether it's through lack of ability or lack of desire, too many of them simply aren't good enough.

If one positive comes from today its that, come the summer, a few faces are shown the door.

4 minutes ago, Ron Aldo said:

Stephen Robinson must be sitting on the couch with a beer feeling very pleased with himself right now.

There was a suggestion on our club thread after the Killie game that the upturn in recent results shows that the manager was as much to blame as the players for some of the performances this season. Alexander is still just in the door and, for me, today shows that the players are firmly to blame for the position we're currently in. Whether it's through lack of ability or lack of desire, too many of them simply aren't good enough.

If one positive comes from today its that, come the summer, a few faces are shown the door.

Robinson resigned. He wasn't sacked.

On 11/02/2021 at 22:42, welldaft said:

I was impressed by the Accies in their game v Rangers last Sunday. 

But we have been on an upward trajectory since Alexander the Great arrived. 

So time to put them to the sword and re assert our dominance. I mean 3 defeats in one season does not bear thinking about. Were that to happen a quick calculation would mean that 50% of their wins this season (so far) would have come against us 😫

It will be a tough game but I am going for 2-1 for the Pride of Lanarkshire (home team of course). Watt and Long for us and then who cares ? 

I would consider OHara to start for Crawford. Leave the rest as is. One wonders if Polworth will get a look in any time soon. 

So much minter in one post.

Alexander the Great indeed.