Dons v Saints - The Jim Goodwin Audition For A Big Job

Guest Bob Mahelp

We could have done with one of those unnatural silhouette handball penalties.

Everyone else seems to get them against us - including St Mirren in the Paisley fixture.

Even Shankland playing volleyball on his own goal line at Tannadice against us was missed by the ref.

37 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Everyone else seems to get them against us - including St Mirren in the Paisley fixture.

Even Shankland playing volleyball on his own goal line at Tannadice against us was missed by the ref.

I order for that to have happened, you would have needed to get into our area.

Jim Goodwin audition failed [emoji1]
Using the McInnes budget arguement I'd say there was only 1 failure yesterday and in this seasons head to heads between the teams [emoji13].

We got a bit lucky with Aberdeens injuries and covid situation for the cup game and previous league game, yesterday we were missing 3 strikers, our influential playmaker and our baller in the middle of the park went off at half time injured. We never looked in danger, just a shame we couldn't use the bench to go for a winner, was the same as the 2-1 defeat earlier in the season.

We barely threatened yesterday but probably had the best chance of the game, it wasn't so long ago Aberdeen were sticking 4 and 5 past us at Pittodrie.

Tldr: We are definitely happy if Goodwin goes under the radar of bigger clubs

10 hours ago, tarapoa said:

I know it’s clutching at straws, but we should have had an obvious penalty near the end of the match. The guy’s arm is above his head, the ball hits his hand, according to the Laws Of The Game, not McFadden and Naismith certainly, it’s a penalty.

1 hour ago, ZingaliMan said:

Yesterday I said we got away with one. Sportscene panel both said it was not a penalty interestingly.  

We're reaching a weird point where they've dicked about with the rules so much that your average lazy pundit - and the majority of fans - don't really know what the rules are. It's shite, really.