Pars vs Dees; which manager will make the biggest arse of it?

Was impressed with McMullan. He looked quite positive and was always trying to get to the byline. Good to see he’s cut the diving out of his game too which seemed to win United several penalties last season. 

Sounded enthralling.

Again, it just shows how pish this league is when we still have a good chance of making the play-offs. We’ll lose our next two and beat Alloa, that’s my gut feeling, ultimately resulting in yet more mid-table obscurity from Crawford and his band of merry men. I can’t wait until this season is done so we can finally enter a new, proper chapter with the Vorsprung Durch Technik mob.

That’s a good point, boys worked hard and we didn’t get the rub of the green,  take that level of performance and commitment into Saturday and we’ll do well.- SC post-match almost certainly.

Truth is it’s another shitty draw with absolutely no attacking game plan.  We are now looking for favours just to reach the playoffs.

Officially safe tho so there is that to enjoy, well done craw.

3 minutes ago, D TOTAL said:

Well done to Cammy Kerr shoed in at the left back didn’t do too much wrong

Aye, that's true. We lost our attacking impetus down that side but I had braced myself for the worst and he didn't let us down.

12 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Most positive thing I can take from that game is that Dundee will almost certainly make the play offs and keep McPake in a job. We won’t and should get ourselves a new manager for next season.

Lucky fucking b*****ds.

2 minutes ago, Hamish's Passenger said:

When the opponent has the attacking ability of a swordsman with no arms, you’ll generally be untroubled.

...In cammy’s  back pocket all night...😬

6 hours ago, Grant228 said:

I want to know who rates him, bottom half of league 1 is his level at best. 

Topic Originator: Rigger Al  
Date:   Wed 14 Apr 00:14

Quote:

wetherby, Mon 12 Apr 15:05

hope they get Edwards signed up longer term, he has been Mr Consistent this season along with Comrie.

Agree

Agree

Start of the season, I’ll admit I thought Edwards had improved. However, he had improved from ‘terrible’ to ‘not great’. Last few months, he has been back to terrible. Not good enough defensively. He’s constantly beaten by any half decent winger. Then when he gets the ball, he’s the worst culprit in the team for an aimless punt up the park, that never finds a teammate. Just puts us back under pressure right away.

As a team, we have been so poor for months. There are several players who have been performing poorly. Edwards isn’t alone in that category, but he’s certainly one of the issues we have.

Edwards came up against McMullan at East End last season and made McMullan look like Messi. He clearly hasn’t learned from that and did the exact same last night. McMullan is a very good player at this level, but a competent full back wouldn’t have allowed him to get as much freedom as he did last night. Never mind the fact he kept giving Dundee the ball back straight away, whenever he did win the ball.

Yeah. I don't want this to sound like a witch hunt on Edwards. Our problems go far deeper than one player.

The thing that I found annoying was this fallacy created by some that he's had this huge improvement and been consistently good, when in reality  I've seen him continually give the ball away in games and getting skinned by most half decent wingers this season. 

It isn't just Edwards that is at fault there though. There is nobody in the midfield willing to look for space and take a pass. It's all very "scared" looking stuff. 

100% agree with this. Personally, I think our midfield is non existent whenever Wilson isn’t there. Earlier in the season, Turner used to actually come deep for it try and drive the team forward. We haven’t got anyone who is doing that now. Whittaker has been good at breaking up play defensively, but hasn’t done much when we’re trying to attack. He isn’t suited to playing in a midfield pairing, has to be 3 in midfield if we want to play Whittaker there. Mayo hasn’t done enough wherever he plays, but he isn’t a midfielder. McInroy had one good game and has been anonymous since. Henderson hasn’t impressed me much. He seems to panic when an opponent gets close to him and get surprised when someone closes him down quickly - you can tell he hasn’t had much first team football. He’s certainly a downgrade on Turner anyway. I like Wilson, but he can’t carry the entire midfield.

I also think Thomas played best last season, when on the right, with the option to cut in onto his left foot. But Crawford moved him to the left and he’s been largely ineffective this season. Again though, it’s hard to create anything when you have no midfield.

I do believe that the defensive distribution would be much better as well if we had a proper midfield. That’s undoubtedly the main issue on the field. But what do you expect when we play a different midfield pairing every week? 4 games left and Crawford still doesn’t have a midfield pairing/three that he can settle on. He built this team and apparently has no idea how to get them to play to their strengths.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

It isn't just Edwards that is at fault there though. There is nobody in the midfield willing to look for space and take a pass. It's all very "scared" looking stuff. 

That's the biggest thing I took from watching the Pars last night; nobody willing to put their foot on the ball and pick out a decent pass. 

I'd also add rushed to your scared description. 

6 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

That's the biggest thing I took from watching the Pars last night; nobody willing to put their foot on the ball and pick out a decent pass. 

I'd also add rushed to your scared description. 

Rushed because they are scared, scared because they have no confidence.

Crawford has driven the confidence from the team. Being repeatedly told to hang on for draws, regardless of who the opposition is, gives the message that you aren't good enough and can't be trusted to manage a game. 

When players have no confidence they don't want to take a chance of doing something in case it doesn't work. They just want to get the ball away so somone else can take responsibility.

Seen it so often, and at different clubs.