Pars vs Dees; which manager will make the biggest arse of it?

Last time out at Dens we should have lost 4 or 5 nil. McPake taking Adam off changed things and we got 3 set piece goals to get a decent draw.

Both teams have been stuttering a bit. They have both shown that they can be decent but often follow good performances and results up with a bed shitting. Fans of both sides will point to their manager for this, and it is hard to disagree.

As the game is at East End I would make us slight favourites, but would be in no way surprised by a loss or draw.

For us we are a bit all over the place with selections and subs, so unsure who we will have in the midfield. Are Thomas and Turner still out for whatever mysterious reason? Will Banks play? Will O'Hara be dropped (hopefully)?

Dundee will be looking to shoot from outside the box as we give teams far too much space and time to do so, which has cost us a few times already. OFW's odd attempts at saving these efforts won't help. Hear Dundee have some lad who likes a shot from distance and is quite good at it. Allowing him to do so without putting him under pressure definitely sounds like it won't be costly.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Last time out at Dens we should have lost 4 or 5 nil. McPake taking Adam off changed things and we got 3 set piece goals to get a decent draw.

Both teams have been stuttering a bit. They have both shown that they can be decent but often follow good performances and results up with a bed shitting. Fans of both sides will point to their manager for this, and it is hard to disagree.

As the game is at East End I would make us slight favourites, but would be in no way surprised by a loss or draw.

For us we are a bit all over the place with selections and subs, so unsure who we will have in the midfield. Are Thomas and Turner still out for whatever mysterious reason? Will Banks play? Will O'Hara be dropped (hopefully)?

Dundee will be looking to shoot from outside the box as we give teams far too much space and time to do so, which has cost us a few times already. OFW's odd attempts at saving these efforts won't help. Hear Dundee have some lad who likes a shot from distance and is quite good at it. Allowing him to do so without putting him under pressure definitely sounds like it won't be costly.

Great description of the topic, " Which manager...."  ;)

Just shoot on site if you are Dundee. Charlie Adam has, arguably, English Premiership-standard range of passing/ long distance shooting. Even if one of them is a fairly easy save, OFW will chuck it in to the back of the net, just because.

Dundee aren’t free from their own diddyness, though. Hard one to call. Go for Dunfermline P-P Dundee.

19 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Folk forgetting we’re unleashing our Lithuanian giant for this after keeping him in a cage for the last two weeks?   Shit is going down.

angry clash of clans GIF by Clasharama

He's not trained for 2 months since the Lithuanian Leagues were paused.

Also I'll be amazed if this game goes ahead over night low of -10 tomorrow in Dunfermline I don't think undersoil heating would be very effective.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

Folk forgetting we’re unleashing our Lithuanian giant for this after keeping him in a cage for the last two weeks?   Shit is going down.

angry clash of clans GIF by Clasharama

Has his signing even went through? Thought there was paperwork etc to get sorted. Plus he'll need to be isolating for 10 days once he arrives.

Thomas is back in the squad. The mystery has been solved; he had COVID.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

He's not trained for 2 months since the Lithuanian Leagues were paused.

Also I'll be amazed if this game goes ahead over night low of -10 tomorrow in Dunfermline I don't think undersoil heating would be very effective.

Comments on the official site by the manager suggest they don't expect it to be on.

1 minute ago, DA Baracus said:

Plus he'll need to be isolating for 10 days once he arrives.

He can still train and I think even is allowed to play games during sportsman's isolation, which is quite funny that he can do all that and then not go shopping.

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Has his signing even went through? Thought there was paperwork etc to get sorted. Plus he'll need to be isolating for 10 days once he arrives.

Thomas is back in the squad. The mystery has been solved; he had COVID.

Comments on the official site by the manager suggest they don't expect it to be on.

2 factors here, brexit and COVID

The brexit stuff is what we are waiting on,   But he’s allowed to train and play whilst we wait on his visa being approved.

On Covid, due to arriving from outside the common travel area he needs to isolate for 10 days. My understanding is he he arrived last Sunday,. I therefore have him allowed out from Thursday.

13 minutes ago, 101 said:

He can still train and I think even is allowed to play games during sportsman's isolation, which is quite funny that he can do all that and then not go shopping.

is there such a thing as sportsman isolation?  The only example I’m aware of is the Australian open which clearly doesn’t apply here.    

Edited by parsforlife

21 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

is there such a thing as sportsman isolation?  The only example I’m aware of is the Australian open which clearly doesn’t apply here.    

Yeh bizzard isn't it.

Is Crawford as bad a manager as many people think? Tactically this season I think he has been a lot more astute, willing to change the team and game plan depending on the opposition and is not afraid to change things during the game if things aren't going our way (Inverness,Clyde, Raith, Dundee). Last season he was still working with a % of AJ's perma diddies and starting the rebuild, his transfers have been absolutely spot on and I struggle to think of a bad signing he's made (assuming McGill and Bowman were McNamara's doing). 

I'm not for one minute suggesting he's perfect however I do think he is overly criticised by an element of our support.

What's the deal with his contract btw? Is it still month to month?

Edited by VinnyPar