Free Agency 2021

die hard doonhamer

Season 2020 is over, and it's now time to look forward to 2021. Free agency behind at 4pm New York time on the 17th March.

What big moves do you expect to see. Where do you team need to improve?

It is expected that Patrick Peterson will not return to the Arizona Cardinals in 2021, which leaves the team needing 2 starting corners this off season. I'd expect a big name free agency signing here, but I don't know who is on the market. I'd imagine Keim will also be on the lookout for a second wide receiver, with it not yet known if Larry Fitzgerald will return.

The Patriots need a lot, mainly on offense and obviously QB. Rumours of them trading Gilmore so the Cardinals might be a shout there, also think Jackson is out of contract but not a free agent on one of the weird undrafted contracts. QB wise they could go for a vet like Fitz and draft a young one, highly doubt they do a blockbuster trade. I think/hope they spend money on a reciever or two, Bill can't draft them for shit and there is plenty of cap space. Good at RB/OL and in the secondary,  would like a good pass rusher aswell and hopefully resign White or Burkhead who I think are both out of contract to fill the 3rd down back role.

List of Lions FA's

Oday Aboushi (G)
Jamal Agnew (WR)
Danny Amendola (WR)
Jarrard Davis (MLB)
Kenny Golladay (WR)
Everson Griffen (DE)
Duron Harmon (SS)
Marvin Jones (WR)
Miles Killebrew (SS)
Tony McRae (CB)
Don Muhlbach (LS)
Romeo Okwara (DE)
Adrian Peterson (RB)
Matt Prater (K)
Reggie Ragland (MLB)
Jalen Reeves-Maybin (OLB)
Darryl Roberts (CB)
Mohamed Sanu (WR)
Mike Ford (CB)
Jason Cabinda (FB/LB)
Jack Fox (P)
Matt Nelson (OT)

This is going go be a very interesting off season with a new QB & rebuild job so remains to be see how many re-sign. Kenny Golladay is the hottest property on the list & looks to be moving on as reports are he rejected a $16 million new deal.

Chargers big needs are at CB, OL, and Edge.

Notable upcoming FA's are Hunter Henry, Melvin Ingram, Forrest Lamp, Dan Feeney, Mike Davis, Rayshawn Jenkins, Mike Pouncey, Denzel Perryman, Sam Tevi, Tyrod Taylor.

Of that lot, Henry is the #1 priority to resign IMO and I don't expect the team to let him get to FA without offering him a substantial deal. Other players I'd like to see back in order of priority are Rayshawn Jenkins, Denzel Perryman, Michael Davis, Sam Tevi.

Ingram was completely ineffective last year, but it's a possibility he is brought back to play 3/4 OLB rather than End. I don't care if he leaves though. Pouncey should retire, Taylor will probably want to move on in search of a starting gig, Tevi would be nice to bring back, but his limit as an NFL OT is probably an above average swing-tackle and spot-starter, he would be simple enough to upgrade with a decent draft pick. The rest of our FA's are either absolute garbage, old, or just roster padding, and I wouldn't really miss any of them. Stephen Anderson and Isaac Rochell are both RFA and I'd like to see both resigned.

The 49ers have a fair few big names heading for FA. Trent Williams, Richard Sherman, Kendrick Bourne, Solomon Thomas, Kerry Hyder, Kyle Juszczyk, Jaquiski Tartt, Jason Verrett and K'Waun Williams (among others). 

With only about $13 million cap space there isn't much scope to get all of these guys signed up again (although if they were to move on from Jimmy G and drafted a QB that would help but I'd be surprised if they do this). Getting (Trent) Williams back would be great along with Bourne who is a decent enough 3rd receiver though he might feel he can get more from somewhere else. Juszczyk is pretty important to the Shanahan offence but is expensive ($5 million a season for a FB). If they can keep the three of them of offence that would be great.

On defence Solomon Thomas has been a bust selection but if he came back on a small salary I wouldn't object although I can't see Kerry Hyder returning. He had a pretty good season, possibly his best ever, and he will get paid by another team after that. Verrett and Williams I'd love to see return but Sherman will likely leave to save some money (he has been linked with the Raiders) whilst there is plenty of safety coverage so Tartt will also start the new season somewhere else (the Cowboys have been rumoured to be interested).

Bills main two free agents are LB Matt Milano and OL Jon Feliciano, think Milano will get too good an offer elsewhere after his last 2 seasons though injuries would be a concern. 

I would expect the OL needs to be addressed in the draft but the main position that could be filled in free agency is TE, Jonnu Smith a name that's being floated about on Bills Twitter quite a lot. 

As is JJ Watt but I'm of similar opinion as above. 

Edited by Fuctifano

His drops have improved from year 1 to 2 but he's struggled a bit on the blocking side of things. 

Kroft will definitely leave and Sweeney may have to retire due to his heart condition so there will be space at the position and it's one Buffalo has struggled with for literally decades now. While the likes of Kelce or Gronk don't grow on trees I think they'll be looking to add a veteran FA (like Jonnu Smith as mentioned) and hope Knox makes a year 3 jump as well. 

List of Lions FA's

Oday Aboushi (G)
Jamal Agnew (WR)
Danny Amendola (WR)
Jarrard Davis (MLB)
Kenny Golladay (WR)
Everson Griffen (DE)
Duron Harmon (SS)
Marvin Jones (WR)
Miles Killebrew (SS)
Tony McRae (CB)
Don Muhlbach (LS)
Romeo Okwara (DE)
Adrian Peterson (RB)
Matt Prater (K)
Reggie Ragland (MLB)
Jalen Reeves-Maybin (OLB)
Darryl Roberts (CB)
Mohamed Sanu (WR)
Mike Ford (CB)
Jason Cabinda (FB/LB)
Jack Fox (P)
Matt Nelson (OT)

This is going go be a very interesting off season with a new QB & rebuild job so remains to be see how many re-sign. Kenny Golladay is the hottest property on the list & looks to be moving on as reports are he rejected a $16 million new deal.

I’d take Golladay

Giants Free Agents

Unrestricted Free Agents:
DB Adrian Colbert
S Nate Ebner
LB Kyler Fackrell
OT Cameron Fleming
RB Wayne Gallman
DL Austin Johnson
LS Casey Kreiter
RB Dion Lewis
QB Colt McCoy
RB Alfred Morris
C Spencer Pulley
LB Jabaal Sheard
DL Dalvin Tomlinson
DL Leonard Williams

Restricted Free Agents:
WR C.J. Board
LB Devante Downs

We MUST keep Leonard Williams but I expect Dalvin Tomlinson to be away. Hopefully we keep Gallman and punt Dion Lewis. I hope we keep Fackrell as well

22 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Giants apparently interested in Watt.

We need offensive playmakers not ageing defensive ends

Watt is not going to the Giants.  He will hope for a playoff winning calibre side comes in.  Steelers, Green Bay, Buffalo etc.

Washington FAs

Brandon Scherff (RG)

Ryan Kerrigan (DE)

Ronald Darby (CB)

Kevin Pierre-Louis (OLB)

Reuben Foster (LB)

Fabian Moreau (CB)

Mychal Kendricks (LB)

Ryan Anderson (DE/FB)

David Sharpe (T)

Lamar Miller (RB)

Jared Norris (LB)

Jeremy Sprinkle (TE)

Dustin Hopkins (K)

Nick Sundberg (LS)

Kyle Allen(ERFA) (QB)

Cam Sims(ERFA) (WR)

Robert Foster(RFA) (WR)

Danny Johnson(RFA) (CB)

Brandon Scherff is a must re-sign.  I expect Darby top be back.  Kerrigan sadly will be likely gone as he wants to start and sorry he's not getting ahead of Sweat and Young.  

Also expect Allen, Sims and Johnson to re-sign.

As for signings, we'll likely go heavy for a WR and maybe an MLB.  

Sherman's days with the Niners, not unexpectedly, drawing to a close. Sad to see him go but there just isn't the cap space for him. Expecting a raft of picks in the draft to go on reinforcing the secondary.

One thing the Jets and Darnold have going for him is he is going into year 4 so any team technically has 2 years of a Rookie Contract.  

The Free Agency is gonna be wild, as many teams are in Cap problems, the Cap has been lowered, likely for 1 year only so you might see a few 1 year contracts across multiple teams as players don't want to be locked in contracts working on this Cap Number.   

8 minutes ago, Antiochas III said:

One thing the Jets and Darnold have going for him is he is going into year 4 so any team technically has 2 years of a Rookie Contract.  

The Free Agency is gonna be wild, as many teams are in Cap problems, the Cap has been lowered, likely for 1 year only so you might see a few 1 year contracts across multiple teams as players don't want to be locked in contracts working on this Cap Number.   

Surely no one is paying Darnold fifth year option money, though. I can't see that being taken up on him.

57 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Surely no one is paying Darnold fifth year option money, though. I can't see that being taken up on him.

If he gets traded, that team will certainly take up the 5th year option.  If they don't, they've traded for basically a 1 year rental and either have to pay him QB money, franchise or let him walk.