Terrors v Lions 13 February 2021

1 hour ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

That's the most I've enjoyed a match all season (which is not saying much).

Livi were on top after we went ahead early but we played better after going down to 10 men. The workrate was incredible from all the players, especially the front two. You can tell Shankland prefers playing upfront with Appéré.

Shanks is back and Edwards was excellent at the back.

Can only wonder where we would be if Mellon had changed to this formation a few months ago.

90939273_Screenshot_20210213-165558_FlashScoreUK.thumb.jpg.a566ad1d53e2eae0fb5c52574393dc1c.jpg

Table looking good with tough fixtures coming up.

If I was a Well supporter I’d be a bit worried.

1 hour ago, Sarto Mutiny said:

To win so convincingly, against a team we have struggled against for years, is excellent. Given Hamilton's win, it keeps us a safe distance from the bottom two with a tough run of games between now and the split. Four games to go but we still have to play Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen. Still an outside chance of the top six, but we'll need a couple of unlikely wins and a St Mirren choke to do it.

No chance of top 6 imho.

TBF it took a woefull display from our defence to gift yous the 3 points.No complaints about the result.Its a massive wake up call for us after all the plaudits recently..Weve a wee chance of making history in a couple of weeks.Just hope today doesnt deminish our chances.Well done United. 

9 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

TBF it took a woefull display from our defence to gift yous the 3 points.No complaints about the result.Its a massive wake up call for us after all the plaudits recently..Weve a wee chance of making history in a couple of weeks.Just hope today doesnt deminish our chances.Well done United. 

Fitzwater was terrible, but Utd looked equally good on the counter with balls over the top, very direct and clinical. We've done the same to other teams and their fans said it was because they had a bad day.  Maybe a bit of both, and one follows the other.

49 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

tenor.gif

Yeh,no problems with result.Ref had a mare for both teams. From my perspective. Both red cards will be contested  which makes an absolute arse of the Refferee. Well done Utd.Weve got to get back to what we do best.Frustrate teams, not pretty but effective.. We Are in a cup final which was evident.Wrong in my opinion. But next week is massive for us going into this.All this talk of top six Europe etc,takes a back seat for now. One game at at time,be patient. 👍 🦁

The Pawlett red is definitely a red. McFadden and Naismith are right on Sportscene, he'd lost control of the challenge.

I assume the second one is for denying a goalscoring opportunity despite not making an attempt to play the ball.

Stryjek has been good this season for Livi, but he had an absolute shocker.

8 minutes ago, G51 said:

The Pawlett red is definitely a red. McFadden and Naismith are right on Sportscene, he'd lost control of the challenge.

I assume the second one is for denying a goalscoring opportunity despite not making an attempt to play the ball.

Stryjek has been good this season for Livi, but he had an absolute shocker.

In trying to help out my pal Max I blame the state of the pitch in contributing to his sliced clearance and a slight deflection on the strike (realistically he was never getting there). The second goal was unmissable after calamitous defending. I actually thought the third was the most saveable but I’m a nobody and not a professional ‘keeper 😅

1 minute ago, crispy said:

In trying to help out my pal Max I blame the state of the pitch in contributing to his sliced clearance and a slight deflection on the strike (realistically he was never getting there). The second goal was unmissable after calamitous defending. I actually thought the third was the most saveable but I’m a nobody and not a professional ‘keeper 😅

Yeah like I said, he's been a real find for Livi this season (he's a Martindale signing, of course he's a find) but he's directly responsible for Goal 1 IMO, and had a few other mistakes that could have led to goals. Dunno if his confidence has taken a knock or what, but our Lions need him to get his head right for the final.

6 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

That Fitzwater red card is genuinely mental.

Both were stinking calls, before the Utd red I was sitting saying we need something like a dodgy red in our favour to get anything out the game. 

It happens, then we score and it's chopped off, then concede. Just one of those days :D 

7 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

That Fitzwater red card is genuinely mental.

I initially thought it was ridiculous due to Serrano being able to come across to cover. Didn't realise how close Devlin was to the tackle!

Atrocious call from a referee I usually like. 

That said, Fitzwater was playing so badly that I can't say we would have benefitted with just a yellow being given.

Edited by EdinburghLivi

21 hours ago, Troy.1995 said:

Despite Livi obviously having that cup final on their minds.Top six virtually Guarenteed. Bring it on.🦁 

Think we could be doing with our diddy bros doing us a favour on Wed and taking something from St Mirren, then hoping we get our shit together against them on Sat and not losing that game. If we're still 5 or 6 points ahead of St Mirren and Utd on Sat night it's as good as a done deal. Big week coming up for us in the league, then a huge one for the cup final.