Terrors v Lions 13 February 2021

Pitch was so heavy and we dealt with it by being slow off the mark and trying to pass it round the back.

Glasses Wow GIF by Originals

Martindale has to take the blame for that and not telling them to go long much earlier. 

Fitzwater and Devlin were absolutely diabolical. Bartley, Sibbald and Serrano come out of it with credit but everyone else was varying degrees of shite. 

Well done to the United centre halves who rarely looked troubled all afternoon. 

2 minutes ago, thruthenight said:

I thought Bartley mad a great game tbf. Sibbald was ok. Literally everyone else was awful.

JET did nothing after coming on. Mullin didn't do anything other than dead balls, and they weren't good. Holt just misplaced pass after pass.

MOTM was Shankland by a mile, his pressing made it difficult and we couldn't handle him.

Thought they were decent to start with, causing Utd a lot of problems with the ball narrowly missing a Livi player's outstretched foot, just needed somebody to gamble and get in at the back post. 

We had spells where we put pressure on them but we drifted away into the doldrums a fair bit too, and the main difference was Utd being clinical as f**k in front of our goal,  

That's the most I've enjoyed a match all season (which is not saying much).

Livi were on top after we went ahead early but we played better after going down to 10 men. The workrate was incredible from all the players, especially the front two. You can tell Shankland prefers playing upfront with Appéré.

Shanks is back and Edwards was excellent at the back.

Can only wonder where we would be if Mellon had changed to this formation a few months ago.

90939273_Screenshot_20210213-165558_FlashScoreUK.thumb.jpg.a566ad1d53e2eae0fb5c52574393dc1c.jpg

Table looking good with tough fixtures coming up.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Dunno why we brought JET on so early, Poplatnik would've been a like for like replacement for Robbo, more mobile and can bring others into play too. 

Yep, totally agree. Bad call but can see why they didn't immediately put on Poplatnik given he's not played since December.

To win so convincingly, against a team we have struggled against for years, is excellent. Given Hamilton's win, it keeps us a safe distance from the bottom two with a tough run of games between now and the split. Four games to go but we still have to play Rangers, Celtic and Aberdeen. Still an outside chance of the top six, but we'll need a couple of unlikely wins and a St Mirren choke to do it.

4 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

That's the most I've enjoyed a match all season (which is not saying much).

Livi were on top after we went ahead early but we played better after going down to 10 men. The workrate was incredible from all the players, especially the front two. You can tell Shankland prefers playing upfront with Appéré.

Shanks is back and Edwards was excellent at the back.

Can only wonder where we would be if Mellon had changed to this formation a few months ago.

90939273_Screenshot_20210213-165558_FlashScoreUK.thumb.jpg.a566ad1d53e2eae0fb5c52574393dc1c.jpg

Table looking good with tough fixtures coming up.

Comfortably above the tribute act and cruising towards the Champions League.

But I'm delighted with the win and very good performance. 

I reckon we're probably 3 points away from safety now.

Feel Livingston were unsettled by the early departure of Robinson, even although they were a goal down at the time. They looked weak up front, and although the stats show a lot of shots on target, they were mostly hopeful looped efforts.

United, meanwhile, stayed steady after Pawlett departed, which at the time looked a harsh decision. But the sending off of Fitzwater was worse, no chance was it a goal scoring chance/last man challenge.

Shankland has been utilised much better in the past two games, and his quality showed through today. Think United are about safe now.

Finally, the Livingston manager reminds me of a giant baby.

I thought the Fitzwater one was a red (shouted at my TV for it as soon as he the tackle was made), but seems I'm in a minority.

Pawlett one never a red.

Brilliant three points. Strange game in many ways. Thought Livingston were better than United for several spells in the game. But nearly every single shot they had went straight into Siegrist's hands.

Delighted for MM. Should keep the 'Mellon Out' lot quiet for a while.

Things are looking so much more positive for us compared to just 2 weeks ago. Shankland's scoring again, Edwards is increasingly solid at the back and the whole balance of the team is noticeably better. It looks very unlikely that we'll get dragged back into the relegation battle now.

It's a real pity that Spörle was the one to go off when we went down to 10 men. He's entitled to be gutted; took his goal well and had a really bright start. That said, Harkes grabbed his opportunity well today too. That's the best I've seen from him for a long while. Appéré also did a power of work up front and really deserves a longer run in the team going forward.

I've sympathy with the ref for the Pawlett red card, but the Livi one is a howler.

Edited by captainkev

Firstly credit to United,our normally solid defence decided to have a day off.And United took full advantage. Robertsons ommision so early in the game had a huge effect on us.Weve beaten Aberdeen and Hibs away recently but today just rolled on from last week.No disrespect to United,but the alarm bells must be ringing. Weve a crucial couple of weeks ahead of us as far as the season is concerned.We will still be in this League next season,but are in danger of it going out like a damp squid.But once again well done United.

56 minutes ago, captainkev said:

Things are looking so much more positive for us compared to just 2 weeks ago. Shankland's scoring again, Edwards is increasingly solid at the back and the whole balance of the team is noticeably better. It looks very unlikely that we'll get dragged back into the relegation battle now.

It's a real pity that Spörle was the one to go off when we went down to 10 men. He's entitled to be gutted; took his goal well and had a really bright start. That said, Harkes grabbed his opportunity well today too. That's the best I've seen from him for a long while. Appèrè also did a power of work up front and really deserves a longer run in the team going forward.

I've sympathy with the ref for the Pawlett red card, but the Livi one is a howler.

I would agree it does look more positive, much more.  That said why has it taken Mellon so long to give Sporle and Appere a chance rather than shoehorning McNulty and Clark in beside Shankland?

Shambolic display on a Shambolic pitch. Looks like Livi are back to the start of the season form, too many players not performing on the day, mistake after mistake, playing to many defensive types and still struggling to contain United breakaways, players caught (playing) out of position
2 or 3 more displays like this and you can forget about a top 6 finish.

Stryjek   4/10   Still looking Jittery from last week

Devlin    2/10   Terrible defending and passing, worse than last week

Fitzwater  0/10   Not sure I've seen a player so bad in a game
done nothing right Slow, passing and positioning terrible .

Guthrie   5/10   Not at his best after injuries .

Serrano   5/10   Rubbish first half, done ok after the break

Pittman   4/10  Ok first half but faded, nowhere near his best

Bartley   3/10  Brought nothing to the game 

Holt   4/10   Holt is not a defender, playing to deep brings no rewards, he's a trier, play him further up the park.

Mullin  2/10   Done nothing, you wouldn't  know he was on the park at times.

Robinson  0/0   Can't judge his display, off injured, always a trier 

Sibbald  2/10  Looked tired slow, off the pace again.

Poplatnikat 3/10  Trier, but caught offside, not had enough game time to judge him overall 

Lawson 6/10  Done more in the 20min than the rest of the midfield

Jet   4/10  Terrible first half, Better 2nd half. Missed a sitter.

Kabia  2/10  Invisible, except a bad pass that caused a United breakaway