Terrors v Lions 13 February 2021

15 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I'm just getting our excuse in early!

We're going for 10 away games without a defeat in a row against Utd, already did the 10IAR (consecutive home and away games) against Celtic earlier, but would be great doing it twice this season, really putting salt in their wounds.😂

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

8 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

We're going for 10 away games without a defeat in a row against Utd, already did the 10IAR (consecutive home and away games) against Celtic earlier, but would be great doing it twice this season, really putting salt in their wounds.😂

Salt in whose wounds?

I like it when one of the Fruits refer to United as The Terrors. Good to see that you are using the club's nickname.

Forget this pish being spouted about the team being the Terrors and The Arabs being the supporters. A'body in Dundee kens that the Arabs is a derogatory term invented by Dark Blues back in the 40/50s. When I was at the skale the few United fans that were there absolutely hated being referred to as Arabs.

1 minute ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

I like it when one of the Fruits refer to United as The Terrors. Good to see that you are using the club's nickname.

Forget this pish being spouted about the team being the Terrors and The Arabs being the supporters. A'body in Dundee kens that the Arabs is a derogatory term invented by Dark Blues back in the 40/50s. When I was at the skale the few United fans that were there absolutely hated being referred to as Arabs.

Thought that was when you put the D & B either side of it. Or was Arabs not enough so you added the rest?

2 minutes ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

That progressive 1940s / 50s attitude still alive and well at Dens by the looks of it.

Is the term "Arabs" a derogatory one to United supporters? I was told a variety of reasons; one due to the amount of sand put on the pitch and the other that they were one of the first sides in Scotland to drop the collar from the team shirt? I've no idea if either are accurate however I believe we have a number of United supporters on here referring to themselves as Arabs so presumably they're not offended by it?

As far as the team being called the "Terrors" - I'd always thought they were called "Dundee United Nil"?

:oops