Hi all,

After recently making it to the Euros, there's quite rightly a lot of excitement due to Scotland making it to their first tournament since 1998. The tartan army is notorious for their following, but all the euro games are scheduled to go ahead in the UK for Scotland.

With the euros coming up soon, I'm interested to know the everyone's thoughts on the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. Would people travel to Qatar to follow Scotland if we make it through another qualification process? Seems like so many positives and negatives to hosting the tournament there, and with it being Scotland's first World Cup in over 20 years. Is there too much putting you off? The climate, culture, winter world cup? 

There is currently research being conducted at the University of Stirling on the Qatar 2022 World Cup, with views from UK football fans on their perceptions of Qatar and the World Cup. 

https://stirling.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/qatar-fifa-2022-world-cup

5 hours ago, Shotts56 said:

I'll be there.  Most countries do something that I don't agree with.  If I let that dictate whether I travelled there or not, I would never leave the house.

A bit like the last year, in saying that 🙂

Saudi Arabia treat women like possessions and kill people for being gay, but Denmark is sometimes not very nice to refugees so it's all the same?

What are we all saying to the video circulating social media right now of the female official not being acknowledged by the Sheik at the Qatar Club World Cup? 

also interesting point, the female referees are wearing shorts showing body parts usually banned in Qatar. Is this a step in the right direction for people or are Qatar not doing enough? 

• 4 weeks later...
On 16/02/2021 at 18:06, connormckay said:

What are we all saying to the video circulating social media right now of the female official not being acknowledged by the Sheik at the Qatar Club World Cup? 

also interesting point, the female referees are wearing shorts showing body parts usually banned in Qatar. Is this a step in the right direction for people or are Qatar not doing enough? 

Qatar don't even have a women's football team. They briefly put one together for their World Cup bid, then abandoned it once they'd won.

There's a lot of countries that aren't perfect, but Qatar are definitely at a level that should see them excluded from hosting the world's great sporting and cultural events.