New Manager Killie v Nearly New Manager Motherwell

Nearly blew it in stoppage time. Would have been a kick in the balls.

O'Hara coming on made the difference for me. Started passing the ball and making Killie work harder to win the ball back.

Cole missing a couple of sitters that could have made it more comfortable. And for all that Killie were the better side for the opening 60 minutes they didn't pose much of a threat.

A very frustrating game from a Killie perspective. Did everything but put the ball in the net, and paid the price for a moment of slackness at the back. After tonight's performance I'm definitely feeling a bit better about the prospects of staying up, but there's still a lot of work to do. Our strikeforce is poor, a sharper striker on the pitch would have seen us up 2-0 at the break. As it is, we barely tested Kelly in the 'Well net - Kabamba is an incredibly frustrating player to watch given how many times he was offside and the fact that his best header was in the final minute and was right at the goalie. 

Not quite good enough yet, but the organisation shows that it's already night and day compared to the mess under the previous management team. 

7 minutes ago, well fan for life said:

Can we get a couple of St Johnstone fans in here to tell me why we made a mistake again?

You made a mistake because Tommy Wright is a far superior manager to Graham Alexander (or anyone in the league with the possible exception of Steven Gerrard) and I can assure you that Kilmarnock will finish above Motherwell next season. A defeat in his first match isn't something I'd get too worked up about tbh.

I thought Killie were the better side by some distance - but for us to play not very well and win is something we just haven't done this season. We actually defended very well but were really disjointed going forward - lovely goal though.

The ship is definitely getting steadier and St Johnstone and Utd should be in our sights as much as Accies are...

3 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

You made a mistake because Tommy Wright is a far superior manager to Graham Alexander (or anyone in the league with the possible exception of Steven Gerrard) and I can assure you that Kilmarnock will finish above Motherwell next season. A defeat in his first match isn't something I'd get too worked up about tbh.

Hiya Tommy

Yeah I don’t think we deserved to win but at the same time we had the best 3 chances in the game. I’d say that was by far our poorest performance under GA but I’ll take a scrappy 1-0 after some of the unlucky games we’ve lost earlier this season.

The big yin upfront was useless off the bench again. It’s seems we are holding on in the last 15 mins of every game but at least we’re in the game to do so. Beat Hamilton on Saturday and the table starts looking rosy again.

I want to give a shout out to Bevis and Lamie. I never thought we’d see a game where those two kept a clean sheet. Lamie won multiple headers and blocked tonnes and Mugabi just looks a better player. Whatever approach GA has to defending and dealing with mistakes, it’s obviously more effective than Robinson’s ways.

Back to midfield looked much better tonight but the 3 strikers we have are all dugshite, championship level at best. Unless TW can find a free agent, we wont score enough to get way from the bottom 2 places.....

11 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

image.thumb.png.e05b01fb35ce1b987181f3158c40eda4.png

Back to midfield looked much better tonight but the 3 strikers we have are all dugshite, championship level at best. Unless TW can find a free agent, we wont score enough to get way from the bottom 2 places.....

Killie will be fine on the basis that Accies and County look significantly worse than everybody else.

In saying that, Accies have looked worse than everybody else for years but always find a way. I wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised if they beat us on Saturday.

16 minutes ago, The Real Saints said:

I’m interested in knowing how you can judge Wright to be superior to Alexander given he has never managed in Scotland before, surely the time to judge is after a couple of seasons up here. You can assure us Killy will be above the well next season ? Again not sure you can call that at this stage. Don’t get me wrong I would have gone for Wright but I think with three wins in the last four  after winning a total of six games in a year previously is a pretty good start. 

Edited by Yorky