Raith V Ayr 13/2

The worst team Ive seen all season was ourselves at home to QOS who at the time were in freefall. I thought ICT have been good against us, holding us at home when we were playing well, and sorted us out up there. I agree, Ayr and Dunfermline have looked very similiar this season.

PS - responding to Wattoo

Edited by Raith_Raver

Assuming Bene, Tait, Matthews, Gullan, Vaughan and JMac out for the game, with Tait likely the only possible return, I’d say:

Thomson

Mendy/Davo/Musonda

Tumilty/Spencer/Hendry/KMac

Armstrong/Ugwu/Kennedy

Bring on Duku or Abraham for Ugwu between halftime and 60 minutes, and perhaps allow Smith or Coulson an appearance for Armstrong (neither’s natural position, but...) in the last 20, if we have the game under control. King (or Tait, if healthy, or Arnott) to slot into the middle if we need a change after the half or so. Biggest question will be do we name The Witch or Bow, or is JMac well enough to be on the bench for emergency use?

What’s up with Vaughan now? JMac and Mathews are the biggest miss for me. Really big game this one and a win would be massive in the playoff race but I expect a tough game as Ayr are a decent team. Could this be another draw with both teams cancelling each other out like the first fixture?

Morton are probably the poorest team over the games so far, we destroyed them at Starks and while last week was 1-0 they never looked like troubling our defence which is a rare thing to say as it’s probably our weakness yet they strolled it. I think Morton will be Hoping Alloa and Arbroath’s form drops as they’re looking like the team that’s getting dragged into the relegation fight.

4 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:

What’s up with Vaughan now? JMac and Mathews are the biggest miss for me. Really big game this one and a win would be massive in the playoff race but I expect a tough game as Ayr are a decent team. Could this be another draw with both teams cancelling each other out like the first fixture?

Morton are probably the poorest team over the games so far, we destroyed them at Starks and while last week was 1-0 they never looked like troubling our defence which is a rare thing to say as it’s probably our weakness yet they strolled it. I think Morton will be Hoping Alloa and Arbroath’s form drops as they’re looking like the team that’s getting dragged into the relegation fight.

Vaughan had a “thigh issue”, per the gaffer, Tait had a gashed ankle/leg, Matthews is lingering Achilles issue, JMac is a hammy tightness they hope they caught in time, Bene is a mild hammy strain and Gullan hasn’t been mentioned.

6 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Like everyone else I'm puzzled by Duku's absences

Nothing has been said anywhere explaining it. There is a tendency to assume he was a COVID sufferer and this might be slow recovering, and that’s mainly based upon not understanding why our “leading scorer” isn’t starting. In my opinion, the gaffer always intended to rotate striker duties between at least Duku and Ugwu, so I’m not surprised to be seeing less of Duku, especially with Vaughan and Abraham too. His scoring has been more opportunistic than impressive, so he don’t strike me as a must start on the team, unlike Frankie or Hendry, for instance.

It's hard to see any games being on this weekend. There's a terrifically cold front on its way from the North (-7 predicted in the Central Belt, -17 in the Highlands) to replace this snow from the East,  followed by a warmish front from the South West but I don't think it'll be here long enough to thaw the ground.

3 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

I was looking at the forecast presuming it would be on.  Not supposed to be cold enough for an artificial surface to have problems Thursday onwards up by. 

An ordinary grass pitch would be frozen too deep for a quick thaw. I don't know how artificial pitches respond to freezes.

25 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

An ordinary grass pitch would be frozen too deep for a quick thaw. I don't know how artificial pitches respond to freezes.

Valentie's are sponsoring their own brand of anit-freeze to be sprayed on the pitch, aceto di uova sottaceto.

33 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

They don't freeze until over -5 AFAIK