Raith V Ayr 13/2

4 hours ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Tomorrow night is scheduled to see a low between -10C and -14C in Dunfermline plus the whole of Fife is covered in snow and will be for weeks now with nae sun to thaw it out

Can we please have the glorious weather of Texas?

Only if you take the morons in big 4x4 trucks who forget that 4 wheel drive doesn’t help when you have to stop!

On 09/02/2021 at 20:11, San Starko Rover said:

I’ll put my hands up and admit I was not a fan of getting an artificial pitch, I still feel professional football should be played on grass. However I’ll happily put my hands up and say it’s been far better than I expected it to be, not sure if it makes money or costs less than maintaining a grass pitch but it’s certainly good in winter time when you look at the nick of some grass pitches. For me a good grass pitch will always be better than any artificial surface but a bad grass pitch is certainly worse.

Pretty much my view of things regarding the pitch.

My only concerns are around how long the pitch will remain in good condition and what happens when the pitch reaches the end of its life if we don’t have the funds to replace it.

You only have to look at what’s happened with the ground. Two spanking new stands thrown up in the mid-90s and 25 years later they were looking their age and things like PA, seats, toilets were needing replaced and we were struggling for money. That’s without mentioning the Railway Stand.

I live about a 10mins walk from Stark’s, and absolutely hee haw snow has melted in my garden today. If the covers haven’t been put down, it’s game off I reckon - a lot of snow to defrost and piss off in the space of 36-48hrs or so.
I’ll take the dog a walk tomorrow and go up via Stark’s and take a wee picture, see what it’s like and share with the world of P&B.

I really hope it’s on, as I’m planning on getting mortal on Saturday, and if nae fitbaw between 3-5pm, would leave a bit of a gap in my Saturday plans...

Hope this is on, looking forward to it, should be a good game with two teams who like to play it on the deck. 

I'd hope Raith would even try to clear a strip to see what the astro is like underneath, depends if the astro was covered before snowfall. 

Ultimate fate of the game may be decided if there's not enough pitchside space for the mounds of snow, was the major issue with being unable to clear Livingston astro apparently.

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Don't want to come on here sounding like a w**k however a comparison between Raith and Alloa, who both have artificial surfaces, of trying to clear the snow is quite different....

I've been at the Rec after it's been cleared of snow and there is quite a bit of the crumb removed in the process, maybe we value the condition of our pitch differently.

On 10/02/2021 at 18:02, TxRover said:

Only if you take the morons in big 4x4 trucks who forget that 4 wheel drive doesn’t help when you have to stop!

Hate to say I told you so...

https://www.wfaa.com/mobile/article/traffic/what-happened-thursday-fort-worth-pileup-i-35w/287-2ea3ddd4-b2bb-4c5f-978d-dec94ff1f95c

Another factor I think is that JMG is probably not been too fussed about getting this on due to the injury situation. It is another week for J MacDonald, Gullen, Vaughan, Bene, Mathews all to get fit and hopefully one less game they will be missing for. 

Still gutted it’s off, though. Watching the Rovers has been a huge escape and release over the last 5 months!

2 hours ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Another factor I think is that JMG is probably not been too fussed about getting this on due to the injury situation. It is another week for J MacDonald, Gullen, Vaughan, Bene, Mathews all to get fit and hopefully one less game they will be missing for. 

Still gutted it’s off, though. Watching the Rovers has been a huge escape and release over the last 5 months!

How very Dee like.

2 hours ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

This 100%, will probably stream some crappy EPL game on hesgoal now