13th February Kilmarnock visit Ibrox

Rangers are a really poor watch at the moment, but they won't give 2 shits about that if they keep picking up points.

Interesting to see how Thursday night goes. Think it's fair to say they seem a poorer side now than when they last played in Europe.

That said, I think you're also seeing how important Morelos is at the minute.

As an aside, did Rangers Furlough the ground staff? What's up with the state of the pitch.

Controlled performance so far but lacking a cutting edge. The more these games go on the more I’m angry at Morelos for his needless citation.

Wonderful goal from Jack the highlight but I think we need to be a bit more creative which I know is easier said than done when facing a Kilmarnock team that are defending pretty well and breaking up play effectively.

Aribo has had some joy taking players on that have almost lead to some openings so I’d be feeding him in dangerous positions a bit more often as Killie come out more in the second half.

2 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Rangers are a really poor watch at the moment, but they won't give 2 shits about that if they keep picking up points.

Interesting to see how Thursday night goes. Think it's fair to say they seem a poorer side now than when they last played in Europe.

That said, I think you're also seeing how important Morelos is at the minute.

As an aside, did Rangers Furlough the ground staff? What's up with the state of the pitch.

It’s a bit hard to grow new grass when temperatures are sub zero with constant snow to be fair.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

Controlled performance so far but lacking a cutting edge. The more these games go on the more I’m angry at Morelos for his needless citation.

Wonderful goal from Jack the highlight but I think we need to be a bit more creative which I know is easier said than done when facing a Kilmarnock team that are defending pretty well and breaking up play effectively.

Aribo has had some joy taking players on that have almost lead to some openings so I’d be feeding him in dangerous positions a bit more often as Killie come out more in the second half.

Agreed.  Before his suspension Morelos, playing deep, was brilliant and, in a game like today, would have been creating the space that we're not doing today.

Edited by The_Kincardine

It’s a bit hard to grow new grass when temperatures are sub zero with constant snow to be fair.
I didn't realise Ibrox was in its own micro climate that the weather impacts it more than others. [emoji1787]

As poor as I've seen it since the aftermath of Marseille.

1 minute ago, gaz5 said:

I didn't realise Ibrox was in its own micro climate that the weather impacts it more than others. emoji1787.png

Groundsmen all over have a tough job given how many fixtures we cram into the winter tbh

4 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

I didn't realise Ibrox was in its own micro climate that the weather impacts it more than others. emoji1787.png

The majority of pitches are showing signs of wear and tear right now and with the higher stands less sunlight will shine on the pitch which is pretty essential for germination.

Edited by AJF

Groundsmen all over have a tough job given how many fixtures we cram into the winter tbh
[emoji1787]

I know. I'm not meaning to be overly critical, just an observation.

I'm surprised that it's a bad as it is having seen it for the first time of late and given how other pitches are looking. Certainly doesn't suit how Rangers want to play.

1 minute ago, gaz5 said:

emoji1787.png

I know. I'm not meaning to be overly critical, just an observation.

I'm surprised that it's a bad as it is having seen it for the first time of late and given how other pitches are looking. Certainly doesn't suit how Rangers want to play.

It's been like this for 3 or 4 winters - nothing to do with furlough - and a bit of a puzzle as we spend a lot of money to make our pitch this poor!