13th February Kilmarnock visit Ibrox

Another favourable decision towards rangers there.
looked like that should’ve been a pen. Linesman right there and doesn’t do anything. 
not to even give a foul is a farce.

Outside the box, but definitely a foul. Given the Killie player would have been shooting with his first touch, in the same way Biton was a red in the old firm, ref would have had little option but to give a red.

That game was probably one of the most frustrating i've seen in a while.

Kent wastes the ball so much, shite decision making, Aribo is off form, Tav is off form, Big Itt has not taken his chances at all. Jack scored a belter and did very little aside from that. Wright did more than anyone bar Davis in the 10 minutes he was on the pitch. 

Edited by Stormzy

Well done Rangers, hopefully that’s another step closer to the title for you and Kilmarnock losing helps us.

Glesgow Rangers Champions status: Elect

Celtic 10IAR status: dying a slow,painful death

People Status: You are The

Edited by MJC

2 minutes ago, MJC said:

Well done Rangers, hopefully that’s another step closer to the title for you and Kilmarnock losing helps us.

Glesga Rangers Champions status: Elect

Celtic 10IAR status: dying a slow,painful death

People Status: You are The

I guess every cloud has a silver lining for you, mate.

That game was probably one of the most frustrated I've seen in a while.
Kent wastes the ball so much, shite decision making, Aribo is off form, Tav is off form, Big Itt has not taken his chances at all. Jack scored a belter and did very little aside from that. Wright did more than anyone bar Davis in the 10 minutes he was on the pitch. 
Pretty fair assessment.

Kent was very poor again. Then when he does make the right decision finally, Aribo, who I'm still to see anything in despite you Rangers fans protestations, does his best impression of a Sunday league player. [emoji1787]

Tavernier and Barisic both well under the levels they reached at the start of the season.

Itten looks a poorer player than Kamberi. St Gallen seem to have done better or of that deal.

Wright was busy when he came on, looks a neat and tidy player but that was always the case when he was at Aberdeen, it's keeping him fit that will be the issue.

Rangers are very much limping over the line at the minute, but over the line they are going so they'll likely not give a shit. In current form though, you can see the gap closing and it's unlikely they avoid defeat in both remaining OF's or the rest of the league games to go unbeaten. Will take a significant upturn in performance to do that.

All that said, Killie never laid a glove on Rangers. McGregor could have played that game in flip flops. You'd be worried about that if you were a Killie fan. Hamilton looked a far better side last week.

6 minutes ago, G51 said:

Job done. Great defensive performances are back again baby - this Rangers side is built back to front.

Can’t remember Killie having a shot tbh.

Good winning teams are always built on a solid backline and goalkeeper and you appear to have both. As much as I dislike McGregor for the way he conducts himself at times he is a top, top goalkeeper who even at 39 years of age wins points week in week out and pisses over any option that Celtic have in that area.

Nothing is done yet of course but it’s getting closer. Just keep grinding out those wins and you can enjoy being Champions, whilst (many of) the rest of us can enjoy watching Celtic’s dreams of ten in a row come crashing down on top of them. :)

YATP

Edited by MJC

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I guess every cloud has a silver lining for you, mate.

Absolutely. As disgusted as I am about our capitulation today, the fact that Kilmarnock also lost and didn’t gain any ground on us was a bonus. Plus you lot being three points closer to ending Celtics 10IAR and the fallout from that certainly takes the sting out of our debacle.

3 minutes ago, MJC said:

Good winning teams are always built on a solid backline and goalkeeper and you appear to have both. As much as I dislike McGregor for the way he conducts himself at times he is a top, top goalkeeper who even at 39 years of age wins points week in week out and pisses over any option that Celtic have in that area.

Nothing is done yet of course but it’s getting closer. Just keep grinding out those wins and you can enjoy being Champions, whilst (many of) the rest of us can enjoy watching Celtic’s dreams of ten in a row come crashing down on top of them. :)

YATP

Yeah, the analytical case for squad building is that clean sheets are the most valuable thing in football. I think a study valued them at 2.something points per game. 

I think there’s enough evidence now to suggest that this years Rangers defence is probably one of the best in Scottish football history.

8 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Pretty fair assessment.

Kent was very poor again. Then when he does make the right decision finally, Aribo, who I'm still to see anything in despite you Rangers fans protestations, does his best impression of a Sunday league player. emoji1787.png

Tavernier and Barisic both well under the levels they reached at the start of the season.

Itten looks a poorer player than Kamberi. St Gallen seem to have done better or of that deal.

Wright was busy when he came on, looks a neat and tidy player but that was always the case when he was at Aberdeen, it's keeping him fit that will be the issue.

Rangers are very much limping over the line at the minute, but over the line they are going so they'll likely not give a shit. In current form though, you can see the gap closing and it's unlikely they avoid defeat in both remaining OF's or the rest of the league games to go unbeaten. Will take a significant upturn in performance to do that.

All that said, Killie never laid a glove on Rangers. McGregor could have played that game in flip flops. You'd be worried about that if you were a Killie fan. Hamilton looked a far better side last week.

I generally really like Aribo, I don't think we often play a style that particularly suits him, he's one of my favourite players but has been really poor over the past few weeks, he has incredible first touch and ball control, check his goal against Braga if you need to see a glimpse of the potential.

I disagree with Itten too, he's not had good service, seems to play better on the wings rather than being the target man, has scored some crucial goals for us when coming off as a sub and now we're starting him he's under delivering 😂 still think there's a player there. 

I don't see celtc taking points of us tbf. I do think we're limping over the line though. 

Edited by Stormzy

2 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Pretty fair assessment.

Kent was very poor again. Then when he does make the right decision finally, Aribo, who I'm still to see anything in despite you Rangers fans protestations, does his best impression of a Sunday league player. emoji1787.png

Rangers are very much limping over the line at the minute, but over the line they are going so they'll likely not give a shit. In current form though, you can see the gap closing and it's unlikely they said defeat in both remaining OF's or the test of the league games to go unbeaten. Will take a significant upturn in performance to do that.

Tavernier and Barisic are suffering from the guys in front of them being inconsistent or going off the boil IMO. 

The jury is probably still out on Itten to be fair but I don’t think he looks a poorer player than Kamberi. Rangers aren’t really creating too many clear cut chances or performing all that well in the final third just now. Hard to make a judgement call on Itten when he’s not receiving great service or a regular starter.

I wish this was like formula 1 when someone is so far out in front they are just coasting to the finish in engine management mode and looking after the tyres.

Alas, it’s more like the snooker when someone is so far ahead just needing a few more frames and all of a sudden the cue ball starts rolling out of position and pots are rattling in off the sides of the pockets.

Some finish from Ryan Jack by the way. I didn’t think he was capable of scoring goals of that quality. Still, it’s another 3 points, job done, and onto the next game.