Super saints v Celtic 10/02/21 No. 3 of 4

Both games have been 2-1 to the away side so far, I’m still on a high from the last game and anything we get again is a bonus. Same side probably won’t work since we tried that against the other cheek and lightning didn’t strike twice. 2-2, Obika hat-trick

8 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Even if you finish top 6 there is still only 2 st Mirren v Celtic fixtures. 

1/10 for thread titling. 

Got you, your teams utter pish so you come trawling on other pages. We’ve you guys next but I probably won’t be able to use that titling as by the rate of your collapse it’s doubtful you’ll remain in the top 6

I feel Lennon's team talk has already been written for him with our dispatching of his lot at Celtic Park. I would expect a far more difficult task lies ahead of us this time.

That said, to illustrate the level of optimism, have a video (probably faked) of lightning striking twice..

Anything from this would be a huge bonus. Celtic have managed two wins since we beat them last week but by several accounts they didn't play too well on Saturday again. 

Like Livi did with them a few weeks back in their double header, if we go in with the same level of application and positivity, they'll be in for a game of it again. 

Anything at all from this game would be magic. Given our relatively comfortable situation though, it's probably the least pressure I've felt going into a game against either side of the OF since the 2-2 draw last day of the season that Rangers won the championship. 

9 hours ago, Lola montez said:

Got you, your teams utter pish so you come trawling on other pages. We’ve you guys next but I probably won’t be able to use that titling as by the rate of your collapse it’s doubtful you’ll remain in the top 6

:lol: ooft.

9 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Anything from this would be a huge bonus. Celtic have managed two wins since we beat them last week but by several accounts they didn't play too well on Saturday again. 

Like Livi did with them a few weeks back in their double header, if we go in with the same level of application and positivity, they'll be in for a game of it again. 

Anything at all from this game would be magic. Given our relatively comfortable situation though, it's probably the least pressure I've felt going into a game against either side of the OF since the 2-2 draw last day of the season that Rangers won the championship. 

On Saturday our defence was a bit suspect, with the main culprit being Shaughnessy, although McCarthy did join in at one point. A better team would have taken advantages of these lapses in concentration.

Eduoard certainly will, if given the opportunity. We need the back four at their best.

Beyond that, if we play our pressing game and the likes of Connolly/Durmus/McAllister can continue with their guile, then we will create chances, as their defence has very little composure under pressure whatsoever. Also, every 'keeper they have at their disposal looks suspect too.

Given that Dennis is out, we can only hope that Obika/Brophy are able to take advantage of any slip ups, or chances that we create.

We'll also have JDH marshalling midfield, which will be a new and hopefully trying experience for them.

9 hours ago, ConcernedReferee said:

The Gers chucked it a bit today, Mirren will be right up for this after getting 3 points last time. Horrible time to play them. Soro to start for Brown 

celtic won the league against kilmarnock,  that's when I realised that we hadn't a hope of winning it. 

Romeo has always been very prominent on St Mirren - Celtic match threads displaying his dislike for all things Saints. It was strange that he wasn't quite as prominent on last weeks thread, must have been out visiting all the local amenities currently open in the West of Scotland. 

54 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

A win for Saints would not come as a surprise to me Celtic have weaknesses in defence.  The squad according to McAllister are well up for doing a double over Celtic. 

As much as I would like to think that we can give them a run for their money, a win against a team that hasn't been beaten in the league, by any other team other than ourselves and the blue bigots, would still come as a surprise to me, albeit a very welcome one.

They'll have a  better idea of what we're all about than the last time and we'll need to be even better prepared on Wednesday..

Edited by FTOF

Looking forward to the game as our current squad is good enough to face the OF with a bit more than a "backs to the wall" damage limitation outlook. Obviously they'll be favourites & you don't often get two victories in a row against either half of the cheeks but hopefully JG can get his tictacs right again and we can party like it's January 30th again! :cheers

13 hours ago, FTOF said:

On Saturday our defence was a bit suspect, with the main culprit being Shaughnessy, although McCarthy did join in at one point. A better team would have taken advantages of these lapses in concentration.

I honestly think it was the wind that caught us out. 3 slip ups in the first 12 minutes and I agree, we were lucky not to be behind but after that there wasn't a foot misplaced all game so they get a pass on it and chalked up to the conditions.