The Great Playoff/2nd place Hunt

A point apiece for each side in Neil McCann's maiden match in charge for Caley.

image.png.9a791a98ccc9bc8e61158c871e968163.png

The result puts ICT in outright 6th place, but are still a point behind Dundee who have a game in hand over them.

image.png.473de20ab553cddb01cb3e907386e774.png

Dundee, Arbroath or Morton could potentially be in 4th place this time tomorrow if things go the way specifically for each team. Will be interesting to see how this tight pack is shuffled.

This thread man.
You wouldn’t have had to have been anything special to challenge Hearts, they’re rubbish.
You just had to be capable of sticking together a winning run of five or more games and we could have had a title race.
Shame.

14 minutes ago, Lex said:

This thread man.
You wouldn’t have had to have been anything special to challenge Hearts, they’re rubbish.
You just had to be capable of sticking together a winning run of five or more games and we could have had a title race.
Shame.

Who says it still won't happen? How long has it been since Hearts actually picked up 3 points?

Shame.

That's been the case for years at this level tbh. The last winners of this division that I thought looked very good was Hearts, ironically.

10 hours ago, AmericanFan said:

Who says it still won't happen? How long has it been since Hearts actually picked up 3 points?

We are just biding our time for the ultimate levels of 1986 banter. I highly suggest reading up on the 1986 season @AmericanFan, I'm not Kidding when I say, the pictures from that day are excellent.

'If' we win our 4 games in hand and 'if' we also beat Hearts, we end up 4 points from top. Can McPake carry this task out? Doubt it.

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

We are just biding our time for the ultimate levels of 1986 banter. I highly suggest reading up on the 1986 season @AmericanFan, I'm not Kidding when I say, the pictures from that day are excellent.

'If' we win our 4 games in hand and 'if' we also beat Hearts, we end up 4 points from top. Can McPake carry this task out? Doubt it.

Can he f**k

2 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Fair play to QOTS.

That's some turnaround.

4 points from the first round of fixtures. Only beat Alloa.
20 points from the second round of fixtures. Only lost to Alloa.
 :blink:

image.png.cf0ab2b39358ae16c8579d76aa0eec0c.png

image.png.68c7c03ac2f81d84a8d83b431e03b5ae.png

Another bad, bad day at the office for Ayr United, and another fantastic win for Arbroath. 3 straight losses on the bounce for the Honest Men has them really making me wonder about their inclusion in this thread. The Lichties, meanwhile, are now 8 games unbeaten and are really looking like the team that impressed so many last year.

Dundee now 4 games with out a win and 2 points from 12, their only respite being their games in hand. Morton leading twice today but couldn't hang on to all 3 points, which does not help their own play-off push. They're now winless in 9 league games consecutively.

Queen of the South, what else can you say? Their form in 2021 has been nothing short of spectacular, 3 wins on the bounce and 17 points from a possible 24 this year has them 3 points clear in 4th place. While a couple teams behind them have plenty more games to play this season, if they keep this momentum up it won't matter a jot. Once again however, the team holding 2nd at the start of the day fails to capitalise, and Dunfermline again frustratingly lose and fall to 3rd. Stevie Crawford just can't get any momentum going for the Pars, as they haven't had back-to-back league wins since October 2020.

Raith come back from behind against Alloa to comfortably win 3-1 and take 2nd spot again. While continuing their win-then-lose-then-win streak, the 3 points today was more than enough to take them above Dunfermline on GD, and have a game in hand over them to boot.

Just the one mid-week game on Tuesday, and it's the shitey master vs. the even shitier apprentice as Neil McCann's Caley come south to Dens to take on James McPake's Dundee.

image.thumb.png.bdf7c079193f3ad4b5fe731f9ca805c0.png

Caley are fresh off a decent home point against Hearts yesterday in McCann's first game as interim manager, and are looking to make it 4 games unbeaten in their belated push for a play-off place. Dundee meanwhile are desperate to refind winning form of any kind, with the win at home to Hearts at the turn of the year being their only victory in the league in 2021.

A win for the Dark Blues sees them above Queen of the South up to 4th on GD with 2 games in hand on them. A win for Caley and they rise above the currently 5th-placed Dee into their spot, and have games in hand over everyone surrounding them (apart from Dundee).

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

7 hours ago, johnnydun said:

Where would you recommend finding reading this material of the season when Bon Jovi ruled the land?

49 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Pretty wild stuff. I think things like the fact that Hearts went 27 matches without a loss get lost in all of that. As do the keeper's brilliant save moments before the first goal and the absolutely shoddy defending on the second goal from the halfway line in.

Edited by AmericanFan
more