The Great Playoff/2nd place Hunt

9 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I would say the Derby has nil-nil written all over it but I can't see us even getting a point tonight.

Spectacular fail in part one. 🤭Spectacular spot on in part two.🥺

image.png.31978a1411639b6c1779c88623c465d4.png

Well, that was decisive. Raith get some revenge for the 4-1 loss at EEP with an even more emphatic win against their rivals. They now sit unmatched in that coveted 2nd spot, 3 points and many goals on GD clear of Dundee (though we have a game in hand, just saying lads), and now definitely have the inside track on that play-off bye.

Dunfermline... hoo boy. They drop out of the play-off spots on GD behind Inverness CT, and have now lost their last 4 in all competitions. Stevie Crawford's coat must be on a shoogly peg after that, and he needs to try and take advantage of a floundering Hearts team if he hopes to avoid the sack. Suddenly look uncertain to even be in the top 4 come May.

image.png.b37696e862dda1f9d67b372bf1236405.png

Just the one relevant game in the play-off hunt this Saturday, as most teams have Cup games to bother about.

image.png.114bdf073c622fcec5ca52746699e77b.png

Two of the teams with the worst forms in the league meet, as runaway league leaders (sigh) Hearts visit 5th place Dunfermline. Despite being on a particularly horrendous run and going up against the team at the top of the team, there isn't a better time or place for the Pars to catch the Jambos. Hearts are on their own terrible run, and while Dunfermline are just atrocious away from home, they can at least enjoy the comforts of home where wins can still be found. Now outside the top 4, the Pars (and ESPECIALLY Stevie Crawford) are really needing a win to right the ship and reclaim their spot in the play-offs. They beat Hearts last time Robbie Neilson's men travelled to East End Park, so it very well could happen again.

I think Nielson needs a win as much as Crawford, twa jaickits on shoogly nails. I expect a determined Hearts, fired up after the ignominy of Brora Rangers and being humbled by QOS, whereas Dunfermline will be still in shell shock and anything but fired up and half expecting their play-off ambitions slipping away. I would bet an away win here.

Edited by Raith_Raver

We,re in with a chance of a play off spot
You pished? I'll be more shocked if Raith don't end up in the play-offs and if they can play anywhere near like they did last night during the playoffs they'll have a very good chance of going up.

You pished? I'll be more shocked if Raith don't end up in the play-offs and if they can play anywhere near like they did last night during the playoffs they'll have a very good chance of going up.

We’re a pessimistic bunch, it was a great performance last night but like the rest of this division we’re inconsistent, I’d be surprised if we were to now not make the playoffs but stranger things have happened in football. I wouldn’t normally give us a chance of going up but you’re right if and it’s a big IF! We made the playoffs and can play like we did last night then we’d have a good shot at going up. Regardless of that it’s still been an excellent season for us as a newly promoted team most realistically expected to be fighting at the other end of the table.

You have to think that none of Accies, Killie or County would be too confident about facing off against the Rovers in their current form. Great opportunity beckons here. 

image.png.d0295ec86cf75d3425b05e05f1dbde19.png

Two of the most out-of-form teams in the league combine for a captivating nil-niler, further stretching out Hearts' inevitable yet torturous title win, and while a draw against the league leaders isn't the worst on the face of it for most teams, Dunfermline really could have taken advantage but didn't, and though returning to 4th place they do so by just a point, and remain 2 points behind 3rd place Dundee who have a game in hand. As for 2nd place, they're now 5 points adrift and their form (winless in the last 5 games in all comps) doesn't bode well for making that up against a good Raith side.

image.png.61031d682e645ae848fd53ae6c58e1ac.png