Queens v Hearts

19 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The match programme last time Queen of the South beat Hearts

1963101201 Queen Of The South 0-1 Tynecastle

Dave Thomson scored the only goal of the game.

Cracking cover - probably the last season Queens were in the top league too.

On 07/02/2021 at 15:40, Gorgie greatness said:

Queen of the south V Heart of Midlothian.....the two most romantic names in football on valentines weekend 😍

Yeah great names for clubs ...... always like when clubs have had a bit of imagination behind their naming and not just straight names of the towns.  Scotland does well in this respect.  Thinking also of the likes of St Johnstone, St Mirren, Raith Rovers, Partick Thistle (well OK Partick is a place too but not many outside of Scotland know that), Morton (OK I know we should include Greenock in front of it), Albion Rovers and of course ...... dare I say it in this thread ...... H*b*rni*n .... 😏

1 minute ago, embow said:

There are only two in Englandshire that I can think of but may well be wrong.

Port Vale and QPR.

Arsenal maybe, or Crystal Palace - but I suppose you could say the Gunners were really named after a place in London (Woolwich).  Probably a few others - Everton maybe, but that's a district of Liverpool itself I think.

22 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Yeah great names for clubs ...... always like when clubs have had a bit of imagination behind their naming and not just straight names of the towns.  Scotland does well in this respect.  Thinking also of the likes of St Johnstone, St Mirren, Raith Rovers, Partick Thistle (well OK Partick is a place too but not many outside of Scotland know that), Morton (OK I know we should include Greenock in front of it), Albion Rovers and of course ...... dare I say it in this thread ...... H*b*rni*n .... 😏

"Hibernian"  may be based a long way from Ireland but "Bohemians" play in Dublin which is even further from Bohemia, There's another Bohemians who do play in Bohemia which makes too much sense so they're generally known as "The Kangaroos"

45 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

I’ve seen that last name somewhere before😏

936B0726-DDDD-46C9-B0F0-66DC0712BFC4.jpeg

14 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

"Hibernian"  may be based a long way from Ireland but "Bohemians" play in Dublin which is even further from Bohemia, There's another Bohemians who do play in Bohemia which makes too much sense so they're generally known as "The Kangaroos"

So that will be Bohemians of Prague then?  My mate's an "Arab" and we went to the UEFA quarter final tie against Bohemians at Tannadice in '83 (?), the ground was packed out, must have been around 20,000 in that night - was a great United side but drew 0-0 on the night and went out on aggregate.

1 hour ago, Otis Blue said:

Arsenal maybe, or Crystal Palace - but I suppose you could say the Gunners were really named after a place in London (Woolwich).  

Crystal Palace is also a place in London. It's where the football club first played but they've long since moved, and play about 1.5 miles away now.

Edited by Margaret Thatcher

Three centre backs and two inexperienced youngsters up top.... gulp... 
You're a bigger optimist than me if you reckon he's putting 2 up top.

Seriously the nick of that line-up. 6 defenders ffs. I'm hoping he's going with wingbacks but I'm expecting a straight up 5-4-1. If Hearts score early there could be goals tonight. If not it could be eye-bleedingly bad for the neutral.

That line-up really gives me the fear

To be fair whatever team he picked was going to look absolutely threadbare. It looks a containment job but as we all know we are hardly equipped for some rearguard action but we can only hope for the best.

f**k me, this could get ugly.
ETA:
Best guess
Ferguson
Gibson Buchanan Breen Obileye Maxwell
Jones Pybus Nortey Mebude
East
That's exactly my guess. He might surprise us and go with 2 up top and wingbacks but I won't hold my breath.