Queens v Hearts

These threads are going the sane way, opposition predicting they get humped so they can say I told you if it happens! 
Hearts aren't good enough to hand out 4-0 every week, I'll take a narrow win and move on. The last game Queens were rotten, they won't be as bad again. 
If Shields doesn't make it (and he won't). We got a preview of how we'll be in the second half against Alloa. I can promise you we have the potential to be as bad if AJ doesn't change our approach.

The huge problem with the lone isolated striker is that you have no out ball and it just keeps coming back. With our defensive record can’t see us soaking up pressure and not leaking goals against Hearts. Much better to deploy two up top and use our pace in the wide areas to try and get a goal or two ourselves. Would be astounded if we keep a clean sheet so we have to score to have any chance. Team has to become much more resilient when we don’t have the ball and the two wingers have a crucial part to play in this.

24 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

There's no snow in Dumfries at all. Not seen any for a couple of weeks. Game's in no doubt.

Complete white out here in Midlothian, unless there's a thaw over the next few days there will be quite a number of games off.

1 hour ago, Martin_T said:

Is the snow heavy in Dumfries? I'm thinking that there's a fair chance the fixture list might be wiped out this weekend.

33 minutes ago, Martin_T said:

Complete white out here in Midlothian, unless there's a thaw over the next few days there will be quite a number of games off.

The Forecast for Inverness vs Morton is good
But the other 3 games are clustered together over the Forth in Alloa, Dunfermline and Kirkcaldy and they're looking shakier.
If the weather hits one of that trio it will probably hit all of them

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

Great  news.

Just had an email from Panasonic telling me that my TV is going to break down at 7.30 pm on Friday 12th February 2021.

They said it should  be fixed by midnight ;  but I refused their kind offer of a wind up radio for the evening. 

There will be enough of that later 😉

On 07/02/2021 at 16:33, Always Hearts said:

there are no easy games.

Why are there so many Champion-simps in the Hertz support?

Half of the managers in this daft wee league probably think a "trequartista" is some kind of oversized beverage dispenser. 

22 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Looks like Queens will be without atleast Shields, Fitzpatrick, Dobbie & Mckee on Friday night.... 

I suppose the Hearts game is a free hit even with our full squad it is a very difficult game .

Would rather try and get some of the players fit for more crucial games coming up 

Given our depleted state a postponement would have been a welcome outcome for Friday but with Dumfries being one of the few clear areas that is extremely unlikely. A few years ago a televised home match against Hearts would have been something to really look forward to but don’t think many QOS diehards will be relishing this encounter.

23 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Looks like Queens will be without atleast Shields, Fitzpatrick, Dobbie & Mckee on Friday night.... 

It is slightly worrying that Shields, Fitzpatrick and Dobbie all played in the game at Tynecastle.

Guest TOPFITTER

It's quite simple for me,

QUEENS midfield defends = Chance

QUEENS midfield disnae defend = NAE CHANCE

Prediction  1-1

I am now relying on the suspension of the Lower SPFL Leagues to guarantee continued Championship participation.

Guest TOPFITTER
5 hours ago, Flash said:

It is slightly worrying that Shields, Fitzpatrick and Dobbie all played in the game at Tynecastle.

Let me guess, Tommy Goss will be a sub and might get on in 88 minutes after every loan player has been used.  Feel for him and with lower leagues not playing no chance of a loan to get game time !