Queens v Hearts

Ages since I've seen a Queens team put in such a shift all across the pitch in every position.  Agreed that Jones was man of the match but also a hell of a shift from Gibson using all his experience.  Maxwell was terrific too.  Kudos to AJ and Sandy too, they take a lot of stick but credit where its due, eh?

Just hope we can repeat that level of organisation, concentration and effort against the other "lesser" sides in this league.  Quite amazing what they did tonight with something like 6 "first choices" injured or unavailable.  When I saw the team sheet before kick-off I really had the fear.  Great stuff.  Thanks for proving me wrong Queens.

Neilson's excuses in that interview though ........ just embarrassing ...... show some humility man .....

25 minutes ago, billyg said:

I just felt at 1-0 after around 70 mins Hearts seem to have abandoned the centre-mid , and a couple of times Queens had the ball there but didn't have the guile to get through , i thought Dobbie might have unlocked it !

You could have been right.  He certainly would have helped our ball retention in the last 20 mins.  Trouble is that I think the pace of the game might have passed him by these days ...... but he still does have a great football brain though and sees things other players don't.

6 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

FWIW I don’t think ours was a penalty. Jones absolutely bought that. Given the ref has a single view of it I can totally understand the award. I suspect I’ll be in a minority of QOS fans. The award clearly annoyed Neilson though so far from all bad.

In real time I thought ours was a pen but not after seeing the replays. Hearts pen was obviously correct but needlessly given away. There weren’t really any other big chances so the game should have finished 0-0.

1 minute ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Yet another weekly thread that’s starts with severe pessimism & ends in delight! Further facts that when it’s hearts the game is upped.

Hey, c'est la vie ........ when you're the big team in a wee league its not exactly a surprise that the other sides up their game against you.  That's the pressure that comes with playing for a big club.  Sure you'll still win this league.

Just now, Flash said:

In real time I thought ours was a pen but not after seeing the replays. Hearts pen was obviously correct but needlessly given away. There weren’t really any other big chances so the game should have finished 0-0.

Yes, and the referee only has the benefit of "real time" ......... easy for us armchair experts with the benefit of replays.

5 minutes ago, Flash said:

Yep in real time I thought ours was a penalty but likewise after replays thought not.

No dispute about the Hearts one. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Guest TOPFITTER
On 11/02/2021 at 19:38, TOPFITTER said:

It's quite simple for me,

QUEENS midfield defends = Chance

QUEENS midfield disnae defend = NAE CHANCE

Prediction  1-1

I am now relying on the suspension of the Lower SPFL Leagues to guarantee continued Championship participation.

Simple really, QUEENS midfield defends = Chance

We were absolutely dreadful and I was impressed with Queens work rate, shape and organisation. But they looked just as likely to score from open play as we did and their penalty was a joke so a draw was probably fair on the reflection. 

That is an unacceptable performance from Hearts though. First 15 we were good and I think we thought we'd win at a canter. For the majority of the game we showed no pace, no drive,and no creativity. Boyce was good, Walker tried to make things happen, that aside we were pathetic. Neilson's excuses after the game is embarrassing, we have our own artificial pitches to train on and if you think it's difficult to play on, try and up the fucking tempo.

Queens were the better team. Man for man they outworked Hearts, who struggled with the pace of queens on the counter. Gibson was excellent. Both penalties were the correct call. Halkett could have seen red for his foul, not sure what he was mouthing off about. Would have taken a point before the game, disappointed with a point at full time.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Bollocks.

He sees the same thing that had me screaming for a penalty.  His more objective viewing reached the same conclusion.

Shite.

First up you never seen the same angle as the ref, so obviously he can't see it the same as you/me watching the tv. As soon as I 

saw what you saw I thought no way is that a pen, the difference being I'm not a Queens fan, nor am I a Hearts fan either. It just looked

like Jones had stuck his left leg out at a stupid angle to cause the contact then threw his self to the ground. Seems that if it goes your

way it's accepted, if not, well that's a f**king dive.👀

12 minutes ago, outsider said:

Shite.

First up you never seen the same angle as the ref, so obviously he can't see it the same as you/me watching the tv. As soon as I 

saw what you saw I thought no way is that a pen, the difference being I'm not a Queens fan, nor am I a Hearts fan either. It just looked

like Jones had stuck his left leg out at a stupid angle to cause the contact then threw his self to the ground. Seems that if it goes your

The ref gets one view of it.  It's completely understandable that he gave a penalty.  In one view you correctly thought it was not a penalty. Well done. Plenty of others will have thought it was a pen, same as the ref did.

As a QOS fan I'd contend that the decision is wrong but I can completely understand why it was given. As you quite correctly say we/you didn't see the same angle as the ref. For all we know it looked  a clear penalty from his angle. We cant know that.  I'm a QOS fan and I don't think it was a pen. At least one other QOS fan has posted the same. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

21 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Queens were the better team. Man for man they outworked Hearts, who struggled with the pace of queens on the counter. Gibson was excellent. Both penalties were the correct call. Halkett could have seen red for his foul, not sure what he was mouthing off about. Would have taken a point before the game, disappointed with a point at full time.

The Queen's penalty wasn't a penalty, done to death but he's kicked his own leg out and fell over. 

And the Halkett one was never a red. 

15 minutes ago, outsider said:

Shite.

Sorry, is this a poem?