Queens v Hearts

11 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

At first look, which is all the ref got, it really did appear to be a stonewaller.

It took a replay for it to look doubtful.

It really, really didn't. It looked "off" right away, which is why the ref didn't immediately give it. Watching the replays, that's some cheating b*****d you've found yourself there.

3 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

What has the ref seen on first look?  Obviously the repays show the stuck out leg causing the contact,  but even in real time surely the ref needs to see something from Kingsley that creates the contact,  he’s just running.  Any contact the refs sees where he’s doubtful on the cause means he plays on.

I don’t see anything beyond attacker and defender side by side, attacker sticks leg out.  

As say it’s not just a one off decision, it’s widespread and even VAR sometimes  view it as a penalty.  Seems more am instruction/ruling issue than anything else.

Bollocks.

He sees the same thing that had me screaming for a penalty.  His more objective viewing reached the same conclusion.

2 minutes ago, NewBornBairn said:

It really, really didn't. It looked "off" right away, which is why the ref didn't immediately give it. Watching the replays, that's some cheating b*****d you've found yourself there.

I think "intelligent forward play" is the phrase these days. He clearly initiated contact though, which the laws of the game say should be simulation. It's not how it's generally given though.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Bollocks.

He sees the same thing that had me screaming for a penalty.  His more objective viewing reached the same conclusion.

And what did you see?  A shirt pull? A trip? A push? A mistimed tackle? A coming together?   Because the first 4 simply didn’t happen, and there was no attempt to make them happen or action that could make them happen.  The last one  isn’t a foul. 

1 minute ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

GMS - not very good!

He's been the worst player on the park, which is quite an achievement considering there have been a grand total of 0 passable performances from Hearts players.

Good to know the team being this hopeless in losing to our relegation rivals will still fire three or four past us without leaving first gear next week.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Genuine question Queens fans:

With us 1-0 up with 20 minutes left, despite how toothless Hearts have thus far looked, would you take a point?

This is Queens. Of course I would.