Queens v Hearts

I have to say I rather enjoyed that even before the goal. I can't claim it was beautiful football because apart from a handful of runs by Jones and Pybus it wasn't. But I love to see a team up against it just doing what they can with what they have and never stopping working. We're well organised, disciplined and pressing high up the pitch. Jones a stand out, Mebude a step up on last week and growing into the game, and Maxwell has got the best of  Kastaneer. Nortei Nortey playing well too for someone who's been out for a while. I do think it's inevitable Hearts will score, eventually a cross will find its man but for the time being, I'm having fun.

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

You really don't need to be good to win this league, you just need to be able to pick up wins no matter how ugly, which is a shockingly rare trait in the Championship.

Hearts are barely able to do that. I reckon if a team had enough about them to put the slightest bit of pressure on them they'd completely crumble.

Just like they have done in every match where teams have put them under a bit of pressure.

They've had no challenge.

BBC talking like the penalty is a stonewaller? Odd.  Aye there’s contact,  but Kingsley doesn’t create it.    This is an overall issue with how games are refereed,  you see it at all levels but surely refs need to be told about watching for players putting their leg out desperately hoping for contact?

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

Hearts are barely able to do that. I reckon if a team had enough about them to put the slightest bit of pressure on them they'd completely crumble.

Just like they have done in every match where teams have put them under a bit of pressure.

They've had no challenge.

"If only Hearts weren't the best team in the league, they wouldn't be the best team in the league."

2 minutes ago, SEETHING said:

"If only Hearts weren't the best team in the league, they wouldn't be the best team in the league."

You'll be the best team in the league again the season after next as well at this rate.

15 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Hearts are utter gubbins.

Sad indictment that Neilson has been able to stroll utter shite to the title 2 year on the trot.

They were there for the taking against us last week, in the first half especially.

Unfortunately we didn't have a good enough performance in the final third to question their defence more.

Mebude looks a player for Queens, holds us brilliantly for a wee guy.

9 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

BBC talking like the penalty is a stonewaller? Odd.  Aye there’s contact,  but Kingsley doesn’t create it.    This is an overall issue with how games are refereed,  you see it at all levels but surely refs need to be told about watching for players putting their leg out desperately hoping for contact?

At first look, which is all the ref got, it really did appear to be a stonewaller.

It took a replay for it to look doubtful.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

At first look, which is all the ref got, it really did look like a stonewaller.

It took a replay for it to look doubtful.

What has the ref seen on first look?  Obviously the repays show the stuck out leg causing the contact,  but even in real time surely the ref needs to see something from Kingsley that creates the contact,  he’s just running.  Any contact the refs sees where he’s doubtful on the cause means he plays on.

I don’t see anything beyond attacker and defender side by side, attacker sticks leg out.  

As say it’s not just a one off decision, it’s widespread and even VAR sometimes  view it as a penalty.  Seems more am instruction/ruling issue than anything else.