Queens v Hearts

15 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Queens back to early season rubbish at Alloa going to be another heavy defeat live on T.V.   no Shields Dobbie or McKee thought I would be positive for a change 

How do you know about our injury situation? Are the 3 mentioned players definitely out? 

43 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

How do you know about our injury situation? Are the 3 mentioned players definitely out? 

Johnston said after the game that Dobbie and McKee would maybe start training again this week but are a good bit away. Hopes to have Shields back but the photo on the OS doesn’t look like the ankle of somebody who is going to play on Friday. But he is the only one of the three who could potentially play, going by Johnston’s comments.
Anyway, after watching the goals we conceded yesterday, particularly the second, I can see there being lots of goals for the tv viewers to enjoy. Think I’ll give it a miss, though.

1 hour ago, Flash said:

Johnston said after the game that Dobbie and McKee would maybe start training again this week but are a good bit away. Hopes to have Shields back but the photo on the OS doesn’t look like the ankle of somebody who is going to play on Friday. But he is the only one of the three who could potentially play, going by Johnston’s comments.
Anyway, after watching the goals we conceded yesterday, particularly the second, I can see there being lots of goals for the tv viewers to enjoy. Think I’ll give it a miss, though.

Yet mccabe said Dobbie had started training last week in his interview? 🤔 

16 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Yet mccabe said Dobbie had started training last week in his interview? 🤔 

Have to admit, I didn’t watch the McCabe interview to the end as I was bored. He does contradict what Johnston said. Possibly mind games from Johnston that could make all the difference. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Flash said:

Have to admit, I didn’t watch the McCabe interview to the end as I was bored. He does contradict what Johnston said. Possibly mind games from Johnston that could make all the difference. :rolleyes:

I don't think it's a particular contradiction. I imagine McCabe is referring to light fitness work on their own and Johnston means joining in with the group working with a ball. Either way I'm not particularly expecting to see McKee and Dobbie on Friday. Shields remains to be seen how bad that ankle is.

Hope Robbie has the team really wound up for this one. Anytime we are not, we look very average. Hope we play a full strength team and wind our players up. Every game should be treated like a cup final when you are chasing a league title. The fantastic win by Arbroath against a strong Dunfermline team yesterday shows that there are no easy games.

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I don't think it's a particular contradiction. I imagine McCabe is referring to light fitness work on their own and Johnston means joining in with the group working with a ball. Either way I'm not particularly expecting to see McKee and Dobbie on Friday. Shields remains to be seen how bad that ankle is.

McCabe talks a good game just wish he could play as good.

Shields ankle is badly swollen would be amazed if he plays again this month .

McKee (calf)  and Dobbie(groin) are at least 2 weeks away .

Time for another boy to sign on loan 

6 hours ago, Always Hearts said:

Hope Robbie has the team really wound up for this one. Anytime we are not, we look very average. Hope we play a full strength team and wind our players up. Every game should be treated like a cup final when you are chasing a league title. The fantastic win by Arbroath against a strong Dunfermline team yesterday shows that there are no easy games.

If Friday proves not to be easy for Hearts then you'll be correct in the no easy games thing. My strong instinct is that Hearts will win comfortably. I hope I'm wrong.

16 hours ago, Always Hearts said:

Exhibit A

image.thumb.png.cfc776d124827eb8bb28e073d3defe02.png

19 hours ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Queen of the south V Heart of Midlothian.....the two most romantic names in football on valentines weekend 😍

No romance please a straight pumping 😝

If Newco Hibs hadn't happened then Leith Primrose might have emerged as the capital's second force and the big Edinburgh Derby would  have been "Hearts and Roses"

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

11 minutes ago, Always Hearts said:

Very good!

Exhibit B

November 2020: Rangers 8 Hamilton 0;

February 2021: Hamilton 1 Rangers 1;

...and Hamilton created the better chances. 

Exhibit A indicated that there are easy games. Exhibit B doesn’t prove there are no easy games. The 8-0 was an easy game.

4 hours ago, Flash said:

Exhibit A indicated that there are easy games. Exhibit B doesn’t prove there are no easy games. The 8-0 was an easy game.

Fair point! 🙂

However, exhibit B does show that what was an easy game on one day may not be an easy game on another. The Queen of the South v Hearts game on Friday has not been played so we can’t say whether it will be an easy game or not yet. History means very little as Hamilton showed - it’s how both teams play on the day. If Hearts turn up with a bad attitude or Queens simply play well then the last result can easily be reversed. I think it will be close and would be delighted with a third scrappy1-0 win in a row for Hearts. We are not blowing teams away.

These threads are going the sane way, opposition predicting they get humped so they can say I told you if it happens! 

Hearts aren't good enough to hand out 4-0 every week, I'll take a narrow win and move on. The last game Queens were rotten, they won't be as bad again.