Gorgeous Jack or Dismal Deek, you decide...

Also, McInnes is a much better manager. 

It’s quite a weird one with Ross because up until recently if someone asked me my thoughts on him I would have said he’s a great manager but the more I think about it I’m not really sure why I think that. 

He obviously done wonders with St Mirren transforming them from being doomed to Championship winners but there’s been loads of managers that have been successful at lower levels that are now considered utter shite. Paul Hartley etc. 

I think the fact that Ross got a move down south to a ‘big’ team kind of gives a false image of how good he is. 

18 minutes ago, Insaintee said:

Kind of a silly question, like who is the better manager; McInness or Calderwood. 

McInness' career is over. 

Ross' career is just beginning

Two managers from different eras

11 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They're 5 years apart in age.

Their ages are not really relevant, I agree.

However, Mcinnes has certainly been managing far longer - almost 14 years, against Ross 5 years.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Their ages are not really relevant, I agree.

However, Mcinnes has certainly been managing far longer - almost 14 years, against Ross 5 years.

And in that time McInnes has amassed a managerial career average win ratio less marginally than Ross, and a League Cup - with the currants being in the seasides for nigh on half his tenure at Aberdeen that sort of return certainly is the work of a great manager. 

1 hour ago, Insaintee said:

Regardless of age all managers have a shelf life. They start of as a punt, then as promising, then disappointing.  Which stage are McIness and Ross in?

Both disappointing imo.

Mcinnes has at least won a trophy, diddy one but it kept the sheep happy for years.

Edited by tree house tam

2 hours ago, Insaintee said:

Regardless of age all managers have a shelf life. They start of as a punt, then as promising, then disappointing.  Which stage are McIness and Ross in?

Tbf Ross is just following McInnes, but everything is slightly worse.

McInnes gets St Johnstone promoted. Ross gets St Mirren promoted.

McInnes fails in the EFL Championship. Ross fails in the EFL League One.

McInnes joins Aberdeen. Ross joins Hibernian.

It's like when you see Wish advertising McInnes, you order it, then Ross turns up. Its similar but not as good.

5 hours ago, Nadroj said:

Also, McInnes is a much better manager. 

It’s quite a weird one with Ross because up until recently if someone asked me my thoughts on him I would have said he’s a great manager but the more I think about it I’m not really sure why I think that. 

He obviously done wonders with St Mirren transforming them from being doomed to Championship winners but there’s been loads of managers that have been successful at lower levels that are now considered utter shite. Paul Hartley etc. 

I think the fact that Ross got a move down south to a ‘big’ team kind of gives a false image of how good he is. 

That did not work out that well for him though !

On 06/02/2021 at 09:46, Ric said:

We all know who has won the race when it comes to good looks.. :wub:

F1dy8gV.jpg

..but the big question falls into two parts..

1) Who is the better manager?

2) Who will end up higher in the league come the end of the season?

McInnes more experienced , but the stats are closer.

Id like to think we can solidify 3rd spot but you never know with the old Hibs inertia 

dm.PNG

jr.PNG

7 minutes ago, VanCityHibee said:

McInnes more experienced , but the stats are closer.

Id like to think we can solidify 3rd spot but you never know with the old Hibs inertia 

dm.PNG

jr.PNG

Whit?

You're including Hearts U20s, Alloa, Dumbarton and St Mirren as similar to St Johnstone, Bristol city and Aberdeen?

1392470219_giphy(44).gif.075e288a2b8cd25504801bd089cbe7e2.gif

2 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Whit?

You're including Hearts U20s, Alloa, Dumbarton and St Mirren as similar to St Johnstone, Bristol city and Aberdeen?

1392470219_giphy(44).gif.075e288a2b8cd25504801bd089cbe7e2.gif

I just took a screenshot showing thier managerial stats from transfermarkt Thomas , please take it up with them

Edited by VanCityHibee

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

You compared the stats my good man.

5950e1a090503_i3tSE8(1).gif.5a334e3fb0ef8eecc4cea52752a41284.gif.1dba46fdef9057b4b92194f0162c5830.gif.8890602bfa917c477eea8925332406dd.gif

Mental to think im comparing two managers careers on a thread asking which one of those two managers are better😆

Would you like me to edit and airbrush out JR's early career as a manager? 

Tell us all Thomas how you would like to see the metric?