Gorgeous Jack or Dismal Deek, you decide...

We all know who has won the race when it comes to good looks.. :wub:

F1dy8gV.jpg

..but the big question falls into two parts..

1) Who is the better manager?

2) Who will end up higher in the league come the end of the season?

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

Has Jack Ross actually achieved anything in his mediocre managerial career?

Not really, but it probably played a part in him getting the role of a football manager in that Sunderland 'Til I Die series. He was pretty good in that, albeit typecast.

One of my mates is a teacher, and Derek McInnes was one of his pupils. This makes me feel old. That’s all I have to add to this debate.

I don’t think either of them is the better manager. I think both of them are at clubs where I have no real idea anymore what constitutes success, enough success to avoid their position being questioned. Is it to genuinely challenge the ‘OF’? Is it to finish 3rd, knowing a challenge to the ‘OF’ is fantasy? Is it to win a cup every season, or every second season?

It’s much easier being Jim Goodwin, or being a St Mirren fan. Mid-table finish and not soiling our pampers in a trouser-troubling end of season finale will do us fine.*

*This season. Next season we demand Europe and the Scottish Cup. 😀

2 hours ago, pozbaird said:

One of my mates is a teacher, and Derek McInnes was one of his pupils. This makes me feel old. That’s all I have to add to this debate.

I don’t think either of them is the better manager. I think both of them are at clubs where I have no real idea anymore what constitutes success, enough success to avoid their position being questioned. Is it to genuinely challenge the ‘OF’? Is it to finish 3rd, knowing a challenge to the ‘OF’ is fantasy? Is it to win a cup every season, or every second season?

It’s much easier being Jim Goodwin, or being a St Mirren fan. Mid-table finish and not soiling our pampers in a trouser-troubling end of season finale will do us fine.*

*This season. Next season we demand Europe and the Scottish Cup. 😀

Listened to Sportsound this afternoon and Willie Miller kept referring to McInnes’s record at Aberdeen as “magnificent”, an assertion that went unchallenged by the others. Is it really? I’d say it was pretty good, but for “magnificent” I’d want another couple of trophies or a decent European run. Especially given that, for large parts of his 8 years some of Aberdeen’s main rivals (Rangers, Hearts, Hibs, United) have haven’t even been in the league. 

55 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Didn’t Jack “shagger(?)” Ross get sacked by Sunderland?

Shagger Ross did get sacked by that basket case who are now sitting comfortably in 7th in League One.

Did Teflon McInnes get papped out by Bristol City after a year in charge and a 26% win rate?

Yes. Yes he did.

image.png.85487fb42e0066f9cd05348a1dd93e5b.png

Edited by Fraser Fyvie