Your loan XI

Loans. Loan players. They aren't your club's players but they get to use them. It's like borrowing books from the library, but with people.

So, what would be your best starting XI using players who have been on loan at your club before? 

Despite coming up with the concept, I've actually struggled a bit with this, mainly in the defence. Perhaps some fellow Pars fans can help me out?

GK: Allan McGregor

RB: Don't know! Can only think of Jason Thomson and there is zero chance he gets in to this team given how abysmal he was.

CB: Stuck here. I don't want to say Brad McKay but I can't think of any other defenders we've had on loan! 

CB: Lewis Mayo

LB: David Grondin

RM: Adam Hamill

CM: Alex Burke

CM: Tom Beadling

LM: Jim O'Brien

S: Stevie Crawford

S: Lawrence Shankland

Edited by DA Baracus

GK:Also Allan McGregor

RB: Darnell Fisher - liked him, better than Tony Ralston

CB: Danny McNamara - can probably play here.

CB: Matt Butcher - can play here on football manager

LB: Liam Craig - initially came on loan, bit of a cheat

RM: Gwion Edwards - Welsh Prince, was pretty decent

CM [emoji767]: James Dunne - Scottish cup winning king, forever will our fans pine for his return

CM: Medhi Abeid - swear he only played like 5 games but f**k the most talented player I’ve ever seen in our colours

LM: George Williams - Bit meh but provided a bit of spark in our one of our dullest teams

ST: Brian Graham - Brought in on loan to replace Stevie May after we won the cup lmfao. The big grumpy f**k did not too bad considering

ST: Denny Johnstone - Catastrophically bad but did score at Ibrox

Tried not to pick ones that signed for us permanently as felt broke the spirit a bit. Obvs broke my own rule at LB but I have too much of a grudge for how poor Tony Ralston was during an entire season as first choice RB to put him in a “best” team of any kind. Honourable mention to Clive

A mixture of sheer talent and not being able to remember anyone else - Ive probably made some glaring errors - but i really enjoyed a lot of these. Recency bias very much a thing. A team of Eremenkos would be the dream

Seem to have a lot of good centre mids and absolutely dross wide players eg Moburg Karllson 

GK: Daniel Bachman - (watford) - one of the best keepers ive seen at the club and should go on to big things. He was massive in Clarke's juggernaut

RB: Luke Hendrie - (Aston Villa) - handy right back - cant think of many other tbh

CB - Momo Sissoko - (Udinese) just for the sheer bants he brought. His pass in the cup final to play in Hooper nearly gave me a heart attack - but he just made 90 mins much more enjoyable.

CB- Kris Ajer - (Celtic) - Could see the potential was there - and strolled around brilliantly with the ball

LB - Ben Gordon (Chelsea) - He was unbelievable in his first spell under Mixu - 6 months of brilliance. Started in the 2012 cup final win in his second spell.

CM - Eremenko (Rubin Kazan? some other dodgy club?)- Best player ive ever seen play for killie - Would pay 20 quid every week just to see him play. Monumental player

CM - Eric Skora (Preston) - The King - that chip against Celtic - injury ruined his career

CM - Jackson Irvine (Celtic) - Cult hero - started off terribly but really loved the big man towards the end of the season - found it strange we never went for him before county picked him up

AM - Dean Shiels (Doncaster) - brilliant player - That extra time winner vs A*r 

ST - Chris Maguire (aberdeen) - big hand in keeping us up under Calderwood - scored a winner against Celtic in Robbie Keane's debut

ST - Liam Millar (Liverpool) - Clarke used him as a great option off the bench in that season - Couldnt think of anyone else

Subs - . Sean Longstaff (Newcastle) never given much of a chance - clearly had a lot of talent

Dario Del Fabro (Juventus) very strong performances under Alessio -

Lindsay Wilson (PSV) Right back who i have strange memories of being good - could be completely mistake

Ibrahim Rabiu (Celtic) was a lovely little attacking midfielder - was decent enough for us -

Niko Hamaelainen (QPR) very handy left back

Conor McAleny (fleetwood) - worked well under Clarke - scored a lovely goal at Ibrox  -

Aaron Tshibola (Aston Villa) - robust centre mid and has returned to the club and been probably our best player this season

Edited by superkillieaway

4 minutes ago, superkillieaway said:

A mixture of sheer talent and not being able to remember anyone else - Ive probably made some glaring errors - but i really enjoyed a lot of these. Recency bias very much a thing. A team of Eremenkos would be the dream

Seem to have a lot of good centre mids and absolutely dross wide players eg Moburg Karllson 

GK: Daniel Bachman - (watford) - one of the best keepers ive seen at the club and should go on to big things. He was massive in Clarke's juggernaut

RB: Luke Hendrie - (Aston Villa) - handy right back - cant think of many other tbh

CB - Momo Sissoko - (Udinese) just for the sheer bants he brought. His pass in the cup final to play in Hooper nearly gave me a heart attack - but he just made 90 mins much more enjoyable.

CB- Kris Ajer - (Celtic) - Could see the potential was there - and strolled around brilliantly with the ball

LB - Ben Gordon (Chelsea) - He was unbelievable in his first spell under Mixu - 6 months of brilliance. Started in the 2012 cup final win in his second spell.

CM - Eremenko (Rubin Kazan? some other dodgy club?)- Best player ive ever seen play for killie - Would pay 20 quid every week just to see him play. Monumental player

CM - Eric Skora (Preston) - The King - that chip against Celtic - injury ruined his career

CM - Jackson Irvine (Celtic) - Cult hero - started off terribly but really loved the big man towards the end of the season - found it strange we never went for him before county picked him up

AM - Dean Shiels (Doncaster) - brilliant player - That extra time winner vs A*r 

ST - Chris Maguire (aberdeen) - big hand in keeping us up under Calderwood - scored a winner against Celtic in Robbie Keane's debut

ST - Liam Millar (Liverpool) - Clarke used him as a great option off the bench in that season - Couldnt think of anyone else

Subs - . Sean Longstaff (Newcastle) never given much of a chance - clearly had a lot of talent

Dario Del Fabro (Juventus) very strong performances under Alessio -

Lindsay Wilson (PSV) Right back who i have strange memories of being good - could be completely mistake

Ibrahim Rabiu (Celtic) was a lovely little attacking midfielder - was decent enough for us -

Niko Hamaelainen (QPR) very handy left back

Conor McAleny (fleetwood) - worked well under Clarke - scored a lovely goal at Ibrox  -

Aaron Tshibola (Aston Villa) - robust centre mid and has returned to the club and been probably our best player this season

Interestingly, Jackson Irvine has said that he would never even entertain the thought of coming back to us due to the abuse he got from our fans during his spell here

I'll leave out anyone who signed permanently because that's cheating a bit. 

GK: John Ruddy - Great keeper. Liam Kelly might get a nod but sample size sways this one. 

RB: Yassin Moutaouakil - That's right. He's not just a paneer loving Chris Cadden hater. He's also the only right back I can think of that we had on loan so he's in by default. 

CB: Tom Aldred - Bury fans hated him. Then they went out of business. Serves them right because big Tam Aldred was a colossus. 

CB: Gavin Gunning - Yes he's shite but the alternatives were Zak Jules or Mark O'Brien ffs. 

LB: Tony Straker (c) - The reason we've got scaffolding up over the east stand is because we're erecting a statue of him. An icon that brought joy to anyone who set eyes on him. 

CM: Krisztián Vadócz - A silky midfielder. Pretty sure he scored a screamer against Real Madrid a couple of years later when he was playing in La Liga. 

CM: Simon Lappin - Scored when we won at Parkhead. Decent enough player from what I remember. 

CM: Maros Klimpl - A savage, make no mistake. I suppose someone in this team needs to be solely there to kick folk. 

FW: Nadir Çiftçi - Miss you every day, Nads. 

FW: Lukas Jutkiewicz - He was a great all-round striker. Scored the best goal I have ever seen against Hibs but was ultimately a solid player the rest of the time too. 

FW: Gboly Ariyibi - Pure, unbridled entertainment. Would run at a full back doing 12 stepovers, nutmeg him twice then cut in and fire a shot into outer space. Scorer of the most seethe inducing goal Parkhead has ever seen. And James Scott was the fall guy. Nobody remembers Teflon Gboly sprinting about 60 yards to score a tap in. 

Looking at that team Tam Aldred's got his work cut out keeping a track of that defence and I suspect John Ruddy's likely to be a busy guy. However if that front 3 all turn up at once it's irrelevant because we'll score 10. 

GK Alan McCulloch, not sure why Kilmarnock loaned him to us as he was a top-notch keeper at the time and certainly better than Ian McCaldon or Gordon Marshall.

RB prob Lee Hodson which I know is a low bar but I can't really recall anyone else.

LB Paul Dummett League Cup winner and a Newcastle regular for several years now.

CBs , like the RB slot no one stands out but recent guys like Sean McLoughlin and Akin Famewo were consistent with us.

CM Charlie Adam was superb for us during the league winning season. Connor NEWTON!!!!! for that cup winning goal.

Wingers/AM..no one, we've never had any loan players good in those positions.

CF Esmael Goncalves, 4 goals in 3 different competitions in 6 days, and another from the LC winning team; a bit controversial here but Stephane Bahoken who, although shite for us, has gone on to make a decent career for himself at the top level in France.

Loans. Loan players. They aren't your club's players but they get to use them. It's like borrowing books from the library, but with people.
So, what would be your best starting XI using players who have been on loan at your club before? 
Despite coming up with the concept, I've actually struggled a bit with this, mainly in the defence. Perhaps some fellow Pars fans can help me out?

GK: Allan McGregor
RB: Don't know! Can only think of Jason Thomson and there is zero chance he gets in to this team given how abysmal he was.
CB: Stuck here. I don't want to say Brad McKay but I can't think of any other defenders we've had on loan! 
CB: Lewis Mayo
LB: David Grondin

RM: Adam Hamill
CM: Alex Burke
CM: Tom Beadling
LM: Jim O'Brien

S: Stevie Crawford
S: Lawrence Shankland
No glaring omissions from what I can see at all DA. I mind we had a left back on loan from Motherwell named Danny Murphy in 07-08 and he was decent. A rarity in that team of shysters. Ryan Scully was class in both loan spells with us. Permanently, not so much.

Struggling a bit tbh

GK - Matija Sarkic (Aston Villa)

LB - Julien Serrano (AS Monaco)

CB - Ciaron Brown (Cardiff)

CB - Jack McMillan (Motherwell) crazily underrated player

RB - Jonny Brown (Hearts) Scraping the bottom of the barrell

CM -  James Penrice (Partick Thistle) Still disappointed we couldn't sign him permanantly

CM - Stevie Tosh (QotS)

CM - Jordan Thomson (Rangers)

FW - Ryan Hardie (Rangers)

FW - Calum Elliot (Hearts)

FW - David Fernandez (Celtic)

It was nice of Zamora Fan to take it easy and not select players who became permanent signings later on. I am not so nice. Straight for the jugular here:

McGregor

Fisher McCaffrey Hanlon

O'Halloran Abeid Dunne Craig

Swanson

Sheridan Deuchar

Subs: McGovern (because I can't think of anyone else), McNamara,  Butcher, Croft, Morais, Graham, Dobbie

Edited by The Real Saints

As one of the younger people on this site my knowledge of loan players isn't probably as expansive, but I've gave it a crack. The fucking full back positions are definitely this team's achilles heel loan XI-wise, so I'm going with a beatiful 3-4-3.

GK - Seny Dieng - Had potential when he was with us, but the rest of the team was cancerous. Now a regular with QPR I believe.

CB - Ryan McGowan - The closest any defender came to fixing our hopeless problems in 18/19. Now captain of Sydney FC. Great CB on his day.

CB - Christophe Berra - Maybe laughable considering his current form with Hearts, but both in his prime and in his Dundee spell he was in some form.

CB - Well, the other options aren't great and idk any CB loanees pre-2010, so yes I am picking Andy Boyle, because I am not having James Horsfield and Sean Mackie as my fucking full-backs.

RM - Paul McMullan - Very premature, only played 1 game for us, but I genuinely can't remember another loan player I'd prefer more in that area of the pitch. Hopefully he justifies this inclusion with his own play.

CM - Scott Allan - Really sad he only spent 6 months with us, great player.

CM - Andrew Shinnie - Wasn't at his prime whilst with us obvs (who ever is?), but nowadays would be a decent pick.

LM - Scott Wright - Really liked him when he was here, knew if he was in a good team like Aberdeen he'd be effective with his workhorse nature. If he's good enough for this current Rangers team, he's good enough for my loan XI.

ST -  Rhys Healey - Wasn't up to much with us, but is now tearing it up with Toulouse at the moment.

ST - John Sutton (the 04/05 version) - him & Steve Lovell are the first players I remember liking for their goalscoring. Past it now @ Morton, but if we're doing players at their prime then I'd have him.

ST - John Robertson - he'd never spend another minute in Dundee colours irl, but obviously I'd pick him in his prime.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Morton's would include Stanley Matthews, Tommy Lawton and Billy Steele who were 2-1 up but lost 3-2  to a St. Mirren team whose keeper's arm was injured (and only stayed on the pitch at RW because there were no subs) and the CH went in goals.

http://www.stmirren.info/id17.html

Edited by Arch Stanton

Just now, RossBFaeDundee said:

RM - Paul McMullan - Very premature, only played 1 game for us, but I genuinely can't remember another loan player I'd prefer more in that area of the pitch. Hopefully he justifies this inclusion with his own play.

He's shite, he runs around like a neckless chicken.

6 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

He's shite, he runs around like a neckless chicken.

Got his first assist for us after 5 minutes, so again, staying optimistic. At least I bothered to try and complete a full team.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

5 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Got his first assist for us after 5 minutes, so again, staying optimistic. At least I bothered to try and complete a full team.

Au contraire, I did "bother" to complete a full team, there genuinely isn't anyone in the AM area.

Anyway, this is in the Premiership section of the forum, what are you doing here?

Just now, Arch Stanton said:

Au contraire, I did "bother" to complete a full team, there genuinely isn't anyone in the AM area.

Anyway, this is in the Premiership section of the forum, what are you doing here?

I guess 9 players constitutes a full team. Considering how often St Mirren see reds, I guess that's normal.

Pretty sure a Dunfermline fan started the thread mate.