VAR in Scottish league???

They would need to install SEVCVAR and CELTVAR up here to overturn the away team VAR penalty decisions at Ibrox and park head.
I know you're joking but it would be to the shock of absolutely nobody if Celtic and Sevco got even more ridiculous decisions with VAR than they do currently.

Guest TheJTS98
On 06/02/2021 at 00:11, WATTOO said:

It definitely has its place for stopping / correcting basic and blatant injustices,

But anything can be a blatant injustice.

1989 Scottish Cup Final. Rangers are chasing a treble.

Roy Aitken puts the ball out for a Rangers throw-in, but takes it himself for Celtic. 12 seconds later the ball is in the net and Celtic win 1-0.

That's as much an injustice as an incorrect penalty call. Once you've got VAR, you need to use VAR. There is no sensible VAR. Only TOTAL VAR.

It's absolute w**k.

Guest TheJTS98

Of course, the main problem with VAR is not the time-wasting, it's not the curtailed or dampened or delayed celebrations, it's not the infuriating nit-picky decisions.

It's that this quest for scientific perfection loses sight of the fact that fitba is a fucking game that's meant to be fun to play and watch.

I couldn't give a flying f**k how much money is riding on it for some rich owner or about win bonuses for players. Couldn't give a f**k. You shouldn't either. What the f**k's it got to do with you what happens to the money?

Football is meant to be fun and VAR makes it less fun. That's as deep as  we need to go on it.

Guest TheJTS98
4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Come on that was a great wee ball from Stevens to set up Miller,
Still got that Celtic top.

Fair's fair, he picked out Miller a beauty. Out-foxed the defence to beat the offside trap.

Edited by TheJTS98

On 13/02/2021 at 13:42, Euan B said:

Let's see what controversies happen this weekend 

Image result for rubbing hands together

Those 2 red cards in the Dundee United game????? Neither of those are red cards, and VAR would've overturned both.

Surely when you see those decisions you start to consider VAR? 

5 hours ago, Euan B said:

Those 2 red cards in the Dundee United game????? Neither of those are red cards, and VAR would've overturned both.

Surely when you see those decisions you start to consider VAR? 

I watched the game and thought both were harsh verging on silly but f**k VAR. There's an argument, however academic, that both decisions were right and therefore not subject to being overruled by VAR and, in any event, it adds to the drama of the game. Anyway, f**k VAR. There's no net gain for the fans in terms of enjoyment of the game because of VAR and plenty of examples of the enjoyment being diminished. Arguments about money and a desire for absolute truth can bugger off.

25 minutes ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

Var in Scotland is essential.

So it won't happen.

Nothing sensible happens in the spfl.

It's not even close to being essential in football anywhere, let alone in Scotland.

Get it, and it's proponents, so far to f**k.

Edited by DA Baracus

Maybe it's just me but I thought both red cards were the right decision.

First one, Pawlett loses control of the challenge - it's dangerous.

Fitzwater fouls someone and denies a goalscoring opportunity while making no attempt to play the ball. That's a red card every day.

1 hour ago, Mvondo_the_great said:

Var in Scotland is essential.

So it won't happen.

Nothing sensible happens in the spfl.

You are also a fucking idiot and the SPFL would be a better league if fatalistic bores like yourself just took up rugby instead.

1 minute ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Why would Scotland with the highest per capita attendance in the world (pre-covid) pay for technology that makes going to the game a worse experience?

I agree but I give it five years tops before UEFA are enforcing it in every country.