VAR in Scottish league???

9 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

VAR would be fine if it only analyses clear and obvious errors and NOT every incident as does currently.

Also, VAR shouldn't get involved in offside situations; put some trust in the guys and gals who are trained and paid to do the job. Sure, they get some wrong but the vast majority they get right.

Sorry for repeating myself to the point of boredom, but the whole fucking point is that this is an impossibility.

Once you introduce the technology, you can’t inhibit it. Rangers or Celtic concede a goal that was a yard offside depriving them of points and the ex-players and media go mental denouncing the refusal to use technology that is in place. What a backward country Scotland is etc etc etc.

Its all or nothing.

43 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Sorry for repeating myself to the point of boredom, but the whole fucking point is that this is an impossibility.

Once you introduce the technology, you can’t inhibit it. Rangers or Celtic concede a goal that was a yard offside depriving them of points and the ex-players and media go mental denouncing the refusal to use technology that is in place. What a backward country Scotland is etc etc etc.

Its all or nothing.

Why can't you inhibit it once it's been introduced?

Surely the league can decide to use the technology in any way it sees fit. 

46 minutes ago, ArabFC said:

Its all or nothing.

Quite. It's already introduced in England under the guise of assessing clear and obvious mistakes.

And look at the unutterable hash they've made of it.

Sea. Get in it. Noo.

Well, I thought it might have more effect than an essay on realism.

But I'll give it a quick bash, idealogical notions (we'll just use VAR for this) are in real life soon oblitarated primarily on considerations of given circumstances and factors (something bad happening to the Old Firm).

Even ignoring that, there is an inherent contradiction in introducing a technology on the basis of getting the decisions right, while ignoring the same technology that would show you getting other decisions wrong.

It wouldn't stand. Indeed there would be far more noise surrounding the refusal to use the technology than existed prior to its introduction.

For a blindingly obvious example, see the pitch that was made by most pundits down south, speaking in favour of VAR's introduction, that it would stop them having to waste their time talking about refereeing decisions all the time - how has that worked out?

4 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

I don't know what you mean. All scoring plays are reviewed inc. Did the ball break the plane.

The spot of the ball is a challengable play too.

Reviewed subjectively by not using goal line technology.

Spotting is challengeable at a cost if you get it wrong which is also reviewed subjectively.   Given the technology available, I just find it rather strange they don't use it.

17 minutes ago, Euan B said:

Soucek red card that was given by VAR. game is gone

It's something I've noticed - even the best referees seem genuinely incapable of understanding body movements when watching in slow motion.

This is a problem in rugby too. Referees understand it there, you’ll often hear then saying “ Show me that at full speed.”.

VAR as it is currently used can get in the sea. The over analysis of incidents, the going back 40s to find Incidents and the attempt for millimetre precision on offsides is pathetic. 

26 minutes ago, Euan B said:

Soucek red card that was given by VAR. game is gone

well, that was just UNBELIEVABLE !!

Not the fault of VAR as such right enough, just a couple of clowns who seem to see something different from the rest of us.

John Higgins type situation from a few years back ??

It certainly makes you wonder.........

17 hours ago, ArabAuslander said:

This is utter pish Croatia use it as do Serbia from next season and Kosovo have plans to introduce it.

The cost can be recouped by taking it from a percentage of solidarity payments - and even things like selling sponsorship rights to it.  

"We now go to the VAR Check presented by Tennents Lager"

This is not recouping the cost - this is paying for it using money that would normally go to the clubs.