Yogi Bear vs Micky Mouse

Yesterday in the thread I touched on 'one up front' needn't be something to dread so long as the striker isn't isolated with a gaping chasm between him and the midfield.

I think that's what we done today, and credit to the players and MM, they executed it superbly. Pawlett could earn himself a new deal yet!

Good to see our European charge back on track

Chuffed to bits with that performance. Relieves a massive amount of the pressure that was building

I like Ross County but they are in serious trouble. 

17 minutes ago, captainkev said:

Huge result today. County are poor no doubt, but there were still a lot of positives for us today. Spörle should stay in the side and Edwards should not be making way for either Reynolds or Connolly. Not trying to shoe horn in our 3 strikers into the starting line up is so clearly the way forward it's infuriating Mellon persisted doing it for so long. I do sympathise with Clark for being to one to drop out though.

Robson is still gave me the fear at times today though.

I thought Robson looked horrific

20 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

McNulty was today’s one negative imo.  Just not suited to that role.

Yeah, he's being played out of position which dosent help him.

Waste of a player and the 5k a week were allegedly paying towards him.

But we won so I don't give a f**k!!

10 minutes ago, AmericanFan said:

I thought Robson looked horrific

20 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I close my eyes any time he is about to cross the ball.

It's infuriating that a fullback can be so awful at such a fundamental part of their role.

His crossing really is horrific. It's good that he keeps getting forward to support attacks, but his end product is just so consistently awful.

However, the fact that he started the season reasonably well on the defensive side of things gives me just enough hope that the last couple of months will turn out to be a really bad run of form he's going to learn and improve from.

54 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Huge win, decent performance, Fuchs is a cracking find.  Can’t understand why it’s taken so long to give Sporle a chance.

I really like Andreu, pity we couldn’t have got him in.

Andreu would do well for us. Good player.

39 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Yesterday in the thread I touched on 'one up front' needn't be something to dread so long as the striker isn't isolated with a gaping chasm between him and the midfield.

I think that's what we done today, and credit to the players and MM, they executed it superbly. Pawlett could earn himself a new deal yet!

If he takes a massive wage cut.

34 minutes ago, mishtergrolsch said:

I don't really know what formation we played for most of the game, I missed the first goal because the stream went down and still haven't seen it, saw the second goal, went mental, then the stream went down on the 80th minute and I missed the end.

Fully expected to see it finish 3-2 County.

Thought Sporle was very good and put a shift and a half in. Nothing was coming off for Shankland till the goal (I assume)  and big Edwards with another good goal was just what we needed to keep things calmer. Pawlett was good first half with a nice dummy and a few neat passes. McNulty toiled and was a bit meh.

Thought we were the better team and like the 2nd half v Well, we dominated possession but today we looked more like scoring(and we finally did).

Its good to see a United team see off a team of dud ex Utd players too.

That finish from Shankland is really superb. Especially given the pressure he was going to be under for blowing the 2 great opportunities in the 1st half.

I'd still take Watson back, even if only to try make up for the shoddy way McNamara shuffled him out the door back at the beginning of the bad times. 

47 minutes ago, Szamo's_Ammo said:

I close my eyes any time he is about to cross the ball.

It's infuriating that a fullback can be so awful at such a fundamental part of their role.

The worst bit is he actually gets into good crossing positions and ends up hitting the first man or blootering it into outer space.

2 minutes ago, captainkev said:

That finish from Shankland is really superb. Especially given the pressure he was going to be under for blowing the 2 great opportunities in the 1st half.

I'd still take Watson back, even if only to try make up for the shoddy way McNamara shuffled him out the door back at the beginning of the bad times. 

Do one of those sign for a day for a pound type deals you get in American sports so he can retire as a United player.

Just now, captainkev said:

My stream went down so haven't seen it.

I'd give Keith Watson a life time contract for being a machine. Even though some of his parts need replaced and others can't be bought out of the catalogue anymore so its an odd bolt and some gorilla glue till he expires.

He was treated so badly by McNafortune. Fucking w****r he is.

1 hour ago, captainkev said:

Huge result. County are poor no doubt, but there were still a lot of positives for us today. Spörle should stay in the side and Edwards should not be making way for either Reynolds or Connolly. Not trying to shoe horn in our 3 strikers into the starting line up is so clearly the way forward it's infuriating Mellon persisted doing it for so long. I do sympathise with Clark for being the one to drop out though.

Robson still gave me the fear at times today though.

Totally this, and it has to be the way going forward.

Bit surprised by the negative comments re Robson today, yes his crossing was pish again but defensively he had his best game in a while. Has been on a poor run of form recently and been very lucky to stay in the team but coped well today for me and is helped with Sporle playing in front of him. 

Didn't see the game due to broadband issues, but what a huge win that is for United. Hopefully this is a turning point , and hopefully Mickey Mellon sticks with this team and formation. There is a run of harder games coming up between now and the split, but the three points gives us a bit of breathing space.