Major incidents in Kilmarnock

ICTChris

20 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Can’t be far away from the day when some cnut starts filming something like that, and someone else starts filming them fliming it, with a comment along the lines of ‘look at that sicko filming that poor bloke on the street’. Someone else then starts filming the guy who is filming the first guy... ends up like being in an elevator with mirrored side panels as it spreads down the street towards infinity.

Send that idea to Charlie Brooker. 

Police have released a statement that spells out that 2 women died followed by a man dying in a car crash. Seems to resemble the stories that emerged last night. What a terrible loss for the families of the two women.

7 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Journalism is down the toilet when they fill an article with Facebook posts. Two young women, what a tragedy.

some of the grammar and spelling in that posting abysmal too. "Nicole’s finacee Vicky King..." ?? "A relativ, wrote on Facebook: " ??

3 minutes ago, cmontheloknow said:

some of the grammar and spelling in that posting abysmal too. "Nicole’s finacee Vicky King..." ?? "A relativ, wrote on Facebook: " ??

That and the fact that they quoted verbatim. Awful, lazy reporting. They must just sit on their swivel chairs and trawl the social media sites.

I didn’t want to add to the rumour mongering last night (rightly so as the initial reports of the male committing suicide off the bridge seem to wrong).

Today it seems like these are the (not confirmed) facts:

Male stabs a female at the hospital. Female believed to be the ex-wife. Lady sadly passed away.

Male then drives into town centre (5 min drive) and stabs the ladies daughter (his ex step-daughter) after apparently getting her out of her place of work. She has also passed away.

Male then gets back in his car and later crashes car in I assume a planned act.

Horrendous.

Will delete this post if any of the above is untrue but that certainly seems to be accepted version in the town today.

31 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

I didn’t want to add to the rumour mongering last night (rightly so as the initial reports of the male committing suicide off the bridge seem to wrong).

Today it seems like these are the (not confirmed) facts:

Male stabs a female at the hospital. Female believed to be the ex-wife. Lady sadly passed away.

Male then drives into town centre (5 min drive) and stabs the ladies daughter (his ex step-daughter) after apparently getting her out of her place of work. She has also passed away.

Male then gets back in his car and later crashes car in I assume a planned act.

Horrendous.

Will delete this post if any of the above is untrue but that certainly seems to be accepted version in the town today.

That was the story I heard last night. I wonder why he targeted both of them? 

1 minute ago, Busta Nut said:

That was the story I heard last night. I wonder why he targeted both of them? 

My guess (without knowing anything about the situation at all) could be that the ex husband blames the daughter for the breakdown of the marriage or god knows what.

Clearly to have done something like this you will be mentally unstable in someway but it is worth remembering that their could be mental health issues that are a factor in this case. I’m not an any way using this as any type of justification but we all know the lockdown is having an impact on peoples MH so if you were already struggling and then had all this time to sit and ponder/stew over a situation it could have led to further negative thoughts. 

Plenty of crap floating around Facebook just now about the family dynamic but like we all know your family life behind closed doors is often completely different to how it may look to relatives/neighbours etc.

2 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

The two women are from the same family. Mum and daughter. Tragic.

Absolutely heartbreaking for the family. I hope when they release the details the victims get the press and not the perpetrator. 

Especially considering one victim has probably had the toughest year of her career.