Super saints v Kilmarnock 06/02/21

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

Good to know the St Mirren TV commentators aren't any better than ours. Wanted two penalties for f**k all and about four red cards for us.

They've been daft in what they are looking for but that last one was a definite red.

Edited by djchapsticks

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

They've been daft in what they are looking for but that last one was a definite red.

The SMTV commentators are fine when they’re in the main stand. Put them across in the West Bank and they automatically become boo boy black & white tinted unreasonable Paisley basturts’.... 😀

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

But only Sevco get dodgy decisions in their favour....

Where did anyone say that Rangers are the only ones that benefit from poor refereeing.

Don't worry, I've got this bookmarked, I'm happy to wait.. :rolleyes:

FT 2-0
Regulation home win for top six side against bottom six side, an easy three points. We were dominant throughout and two nil flattered the opposition if anything. Our second choice keeper was hardly tested.
If Killie don’t get their next managerial appointment right they’re prime bottom two material. They’re a very poor side who look shaky at the back and toothless going forward.
Top performers for us, Ethan Erhahon again. The kid is an absolute powerhouse in the middle of the park. Consistently getting in the way of things and driving us up the field. I’m sure he’ll be getting watched by a lot of bigger clubs than us, thank goodness we have him on a three year deal, we could really cash in on him . He should be playing 90 minutes every game, we aren’t the same team without him - as we seen against Hibs midweek.
And Obika with another fantastic number nine performance, never gave the defenders a moments peace. Involved in the set up for the first goal, scoring the second and proving his doubters wrong yet again. Will surely be another double figure season from the big man, would love to get him on a new deal, fantastic player. With him, Dennis, Brophy, Quaner and Erwin all on the books we certainly aren’t short of striking options.
Any relegation worries are now a distant memory after our third win in four games. For us it’s now question of who out of us, United and the Saintees get that final top six spot. Given we are above and we have three games in hand on both of them, we certainly look the most likely.
Another great day, good to be a buddie.

A perfect win.

We are very rarely afforded a straightforward victory and made to scrap for every win.

A drama-free win today is excellent knowing what's ahead of us and as soon as the second goal went in you could see it was job done and the team eased up.

1 minute ago, pozbaird said:

Watching St Mirren isn’t supposed to be like this - comfortable throughout, never looked in danger of ending up anything other than a win, no daft sending off, no dramas. Pleasing.

Don't worry, Celtic up next.

As others have said that was as straightforward a win as you can expect as a St Mirren fan. 

Ethan was superb, seems to improve week on week. 

Killie really do look poor, used to hate it when Dicker and Power would dominate the midfield area against us. Far cry from that today 

42 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Erhahon and Durmus have been the two best players on the pitch today. 

When Erhahons on his game he looks like a superstar. I think we are now starting to see his good games outweigh his bad ones. 

I still think he can be very rash going into challenges, he needs to be a bit cuter with his tackles when he thinks a ball is there to be won. Would rather see him lose a 50/50 on the half way line over giving a referee the opportunity to send him off because he catches someone half way up the shin. That will all come with experience though, looking forward to see how he progresses. 

Edit - I should say I don’t mean he was too rash today in his tackles, but it’s something I’ve noticed over the course of the season. 

Edited by IrishBhoy

Hard to single out a player who didn't perform well for us today. A couple of shakey moments early on that a better team might have taken advantage of, but we did a professional job and saw them off with relative ease in the end.

Thought Durmus, Erhahon, Doyle-Hayes and Obika had excellent games, and McAllister carries much more threat when playing closer to the striker.

To win like that without Brophy, Dennis, Flynn and Connolly featuring much is very pleasing indeed. It's also a major plus that we played a different system today and looked comfortable, we really do have options like we haven't had for many years.