Super saints v Kilmarnock 06/02/21

Get right in there. Fantastic goal.

Superb hold up and link up play from Jon. Sets off Ilkay who roasts the right full back before sending in a delightful cross. And a fine headed finish by one of the shortest players on the pitch, Kyle McAllister.

1-0. Lovely stuff.

HT 1-0

Fairly open game but we’ve certainly been the better team and deserve to be ahead.
Wind clearly playing a part, two punts from the Killie keeper ended up in Dean Lyness heading the ball twice in the first ten minutes. Killie haven’t really created anything.
After that we got a grip of the game but never really created any clear cut chances till the goal.
We’ve scored a lot of good goals over the last couple of weeks but I think that’s my favourite.
The number nine Obika with back to goal, occupying the defender and then laying it off to the flying winger Durmus. Then pace and quality of delivery. Then the attacking midfielder McAllister getting beyond the striker to stick it in the net.
Perfect.
We should have had scored a second after, Kyle should have shot with an opening right after he scored and McGrath had a decent opening too.
Our best players have been McAllister who seems more suited to the central role and took his goal well. Erhahon and JDH been decent in the middle of the park aswell and Jon has been his usual busy self.

We’ve been fairly comfortable. Yeah the defence has looked a little shaky at times but I think the conditions have played a part.

I like the formation and set up to be honest. It’s worked well from midfield to front. It’s allowing Ilkay to make runs from deep which suits him.

Think we've been the better side by a decent margin there. Moving it around very nicely at times. McAllister looks a different player, hope he's finding some fitness finally. He's running so much more freely now.

Shame we couldn't have found another goal before the break because we were well on top.

We’ve improved as the half as gone on, they seem to have lost their way a wee bit since going a goal down, so need the early goal in 2nd half so they hopefully implode.

Great goal, and some other great passages of play. Most players getting pass marks with strong performances from McGrath, JDH, Durmus, Kyle and Fraser

Edited to add big Jon too

Just now, ulysses said:

We’ve been fairly comfortable. Yeah the defence has looked a little shaky at times but I think the conditions have played a part.

I like the formation and set up to be honest. It’s worked well from midfield to front. It’s allowing Ilkay to make runs from deep which suits him.

Durmus down the left is always far more productive as well. Don't understand the obsession with alternating him wings at times.

Shaughnessy is doing quite a hard job out there to be fair. Durmus has been excellent going forward, but he's left Shaughnessy a bit isolated out there in the left back position and he isn't comfortable. Surprised Killie didn't try and exploit it a bit more. I think now we are up we should think about moving back to the usual back four.