Super saints v Kilmarnock 06/02/21

17 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

What a guy 😃 Would love us to get top 6 this season. Tony’s positivity seems to rub some people up the wrong way  

One of my friends owns a cafe in Paisley and Tony was in (pre Covid), chatting away to him asking about the business, seeing if there was anything they could do together with regards to the community etc. My pal is a Rangers fan who had never even heard of Tony before that day, but he phoned me straight away to tell me he had been in and was absolutely buzzing, couldn’t believe how nice a guy he was. Tony still texts him every few weeks asking how he’s getting on and how the cafe is doing, and I’m sure he does that for a lot more people than just my friend. A proper good guy who I’m glad is part of our Club.  

Yeah, when we did the ‘Final Chapter’ book back in the day (ten years ago... ten years, FFS), Fitzy was absolutely brilliant. Not only in regard to a long interview he gave us for his double-page spread in it, but he offered to front up when it would be released, to do a bit of promotion for it. He didn’t just say it and didn’t really mean it. Come launch time, Fitzy came along to do a bit of press and it was brilliant to have him on board. Also have to add, GLS was brilliant too, as was Stevie Clarke, Auld Grumpy Nuts at Man Utd, and Chick Young, amongst others who were also extremely supportive.

Edited by pozbaird

1 hour ago, Stan Bo said:

As others have said that was as straightforward a win as you can expect as a St Mirren fan. 

Ethan was superb, seems to improve week on week. 

Killie really do look poor, used to hate it when Dicker and Power would dominate the midfield area against us. Far cry from that today 

They seem to have become Killie's versions of Foley.

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Yeah, when we did the ‘Final Chapter’ book back in the day (ten years ago... ten years, FFS), Fitzy was absolutely brilliant. Not only in regard to a long interview he gave us for his double-page spread in it, but he offered to front up when it would be released, to do a bit of promotion for it. He didn’t just say it and didn’t really mean it. Come launch time, Fitzy came along to do a bit of press and it was brilliant to have him on board. Also have to add, GLS was brilliant too, as was Stevie Clarke, Auld Grumpy Nuts at Man Utd, and Chick Young, amongst others who were also extremely supportive.

Is that book still available? I wasn’t going to St Mirren games around that time but I have seen it mentioned either on here or Black and White army before, wouldn’t mind a read at it. 

1 minute ago, IrishBhoy said:

Is that book still available? I wasn’t going to St Mirren games around that time but I have seen it mentioned either on here or Black and White army before, wouldn’t mind a read at it. 

The print run was about 1300, and it sold out. It was a shame we couldn’t print more, but it’s important to say that it was only produced at all thanks to Alan Provan underwriting the costs and taking the entire risk on his own. If it had bombed, he’d have been right out of pocket. Forever grateful to him for believing in us, and the project.

The print run was about 1300, and it sold out. It was a shame we couldn’t print more, but it’s important to say that it was only produced at all thanks to Alan Provan underwriting the costs and taking the entire risk on his own. If it had bombed, he’d have been right out of pocket. Forever grateful to him for believing in us, and the project.
Surely an online edition available?

Just now, pozbaird said:

It rings a bell that my Uncle got a copy of it when it was first released, I will see if I can get it off him.

Was it yourself who also designed the strips for the League Cup winning season? Good enough to have the club wearing your shirt design for a season, but to have it in a Cup winning season must be very special. Will be remembered as one of the most iconic St Mirren shirts in years to come. 

16 minutes ago, Biscuits said:
21 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Surely an online edition available?

It was never done online, but as I still have all the digital page files on my Mac, should be easy enough to create a pdf version. The club had the rights to the printed book though, as they sanctioned it being printed, and it used club imagery and club logos. Not sure if they would mind an online version being made available after all these years. Maybe look into it once all this Covid malarky has passed and I could look into doing it.

Edited by pozbaird

11 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

It rings a bell that my Uncle got a copy of it when it was first released, I will see if I can get it off him.

Was it yourself who also designed the strips for the League Cup winning season? Good enough to have the club wearing your shirt design for a season, but to have it in a Cup winning season must be very special. Will be remembered as one of the most iconic St Mirren shirts in years to come. 

Yes, I was lucky enough to be responsible for the 2013 kit designs. If only wee Kylie Minogue would agree to one night of.... then I could die a happy man.

1 hour ago, IrishBhoy said:

Very good book mark it as a must read book for Saints fans there is a good story in there. Abercrombie's book is another absolute belter.  

Thought that was fairly comfortable today. Everyone played well, Erhahon was brilliant. Lyness as well was very assured considering he never plays first team games. 

I'd be frustrated as a Kilmarnock fan that a keeper hasn't played in 2 years and they never even tested him but credit goes to our midfield and defence as well. 

19 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

Thought that was fairly comfortable today. Everyone played well, Erhahon was brilliant. Lyness as well was very assured considering he never plays first team games. 

I'd be frustrated as a Kilmarnock fan that a keeper hasn't played in 2 years and they never even tested him but credit goes to our midfield and defence as well. 

Apparently hasn't played any competitive football since October 2019 in the reserve team - credit to him willing to sit on the bench 99% of the time and still turn out good performances as and when required.