Super saints v Kilmarnock 06/02/21

14 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Watching St Mirren isn’t supposed to be like this - comfortable throughout, never looked in danger of ending up anything other than a win, no daft sending off, no dramas. Pleasing.

I love when we go 2-0 up in a game. I think I’ve seen it happen about 3 times :lol: 

3 minutes ago, IrishBhoy said:

I love when we go 2-0 up in a game. I think I’ve seen it happen about 3 times :lol: 

.... even then, we start to wonder how we might manage to fcuk it up. Sometimes, I think if they extracted the miserable Paisley cnut gene from me, I’d only be half the man I am. 😀

Edited by pozbaird

Erahon  rightly getting praise for his defensive play and ability to read and intercept passes.

He then often tries a defence splitting pass to quickly turn defence into attack. Maybe 1 in 5 come off.

If he can get that up to 3 in 5 he’s going to be a helluva player!

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

That's the 3rd time it's happened since Xmas.

This season is an outlier. I don’t think I would feel comfortable with St. Mirren being the sort of team who beats teams 2 or 3 nil, that’s other teams that do that. 

6 minutes ago, BC17 said:

Hard to single out a player who didn't perform well for us today. A couple of shakey moments early on that a better team might have taken advantage of, but we did a professional job and saw them off with relative ease in the end.

Thought Durmus, Erhahon, Doyle-Hayes and Obika had excellent games, and McAllister carries much more threat when playing closer to the striker.

To win like that without Brophy, Dennis, Flynn and Connolly featuring much is very pleasing indeed. It's also a major plus that we played a different system today and looked comfortable, we really do have options like we haven't had for many years.

Yeah Jim is mixing it up, and mixing very well. Long may it continue!

That’s a very important 3 points today, we looked very comfortable aside from the first ten mins. Durmus is a player and he’s going to be huge for us over this heavy schedule of home games coming up this month.

McAllister took his goal really well and big John Obika was in the right place at the right time. Delicious 😀

3 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

That’s a very important 3 points today, we looked very comfortable aside from the first ten mins. Durmus is a player and he’s going to be huge for us over this heavy schedule of home games coming up this month.

McAllister took his goal really well and big John Obika was in the right place at the right time. Delicious 😀

The Durmus stepover is telegraphed, but he shifts the ball so quickly he always gets a cross in. Done a power of defensive work too today, surely a new contract?

1 minute ago, glenburn bud said:

I forgot to mention that tackle on Jake Doyle Hayes. That’s a red card every day of the week. The compliance officer guy will surely be contacting the Killie player for that one.

Looked a definite red. Glad the game didn't hinge on it. I agree he may well get a ban.

7 minutes ago, scam75 said:

The Durmus stepover is telegraphed, but he shifts the ball so quickly he always gets a cross in. Done a power of defensive work too today, surely a new contract?

I’d be surprised if some bigger clubs were not looking at Durmus. Jim will be aware of his importance to the team along with JDH, I just hope we can persuade them to stay.

6 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Page 143, Chapter 8... how to be a Top 6 Top 5 club....

E067C80B-CA0A-4243-8582-9E6523E247D8.jpeg

What a guy 😃 Would love us to get top 6 this season. Tony’s positivity seems to rub some people up the wrong way  

One of my friends owns a cafe in Paisley and Tony was in (pre Covid), chatting away to him asking about the business, seeing if there was anything they could do together with regards to the community etc. My pal is a Rangers fan who had never even heard of Tony before that day, but he phoned me straight away to tell me he had been in and was absolutely buzzing, couldn’t believe how nice a guy he was. Tony still texts him every few weeks asking how he’s getting on and how the cafe is doing, and I’m sure he does that for a lot more people than just my friend. A proper good guy who I’m glad is part of our Club.  

On 04/02/2021 at 13:39, Lola montez said:

Top 6 Saints are at home again, I would like to see  Connolly runnng at Calum Waters all day long, going for 2-0, Brophy to break his duck against his old club and celebrate like it was Christmas 

Prediction was right though the rest was a bit wonky

All too easy. Thoroughly professional from Saints and thoroughly abject from Killie. Oh and how the ref and lino missed that straight red is beyond me. Amazing how they never seem to miss many of ours. That's two dreadful challenges not punished by the red they should have been against us this season.